Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

How Much are you Paying for your ZX10R??

6K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Johnnyboy 
#1 ·
after 6 months of trying to find a good price i just ordered my black 10R!
the price is $9500 out the door.

i still have to pay my own tax and tags but im buying out of state so its cool!

here in DC most shops are selling the 10R for list price $10,999 + 675 shiping and assemble. and the best deal i found was for 10, 800 out the door!

so now with the extra loot saved i can get the hotbodies underseat exhaust $799, and a gold chrome transparent double bubble wind screen $69.99!

plus i might get the solo seat for gp untill kaw comes out with the body color seat covers like the rest of the kaw bikes.

#5 ·
Group buys

I most definently will post the invoice once i pick it up!

the reason for the deal: (super long story so bear with me lol lol)

the dealer is 150 miles away from me (2.5 hr drive)

5-6 years ago they only moved about 3-6 SPORT BIKES a year. they mainly sell atv's and everything else other than sport bikes. (They are in the woods)

then an associate of mine from another bike group orederd a bike from then at a huge discount (prepaid) and sent a few of his boys there with prepaid orders.

since then he has sent every one from his club and other clubs to this shop. to save anywhere from 1k-2500+. it is worth a 2hr trip.

last year this shop sold 22 bikes to his club alone and 28 to others who ultimatley heard about this dealer through friends of members of this club (as i did) 50 bikes!

so now instead of price gauging like most dealers are doing in DC, they make a low but fair price/profit,
(pretty much what the bike is going to sell for at the end of the season) for a bike they never had a market for originaly.

on top of that every bike they get is sold since there list of garunteed buyers is longer than what they anticipated this year when they pre oredered.

the only thing i was hurt to find out was the fact that the list of folks who ordered kaws are low :( :cry: :cry:
thats why im first on the list (actually bump a few folks since i talk to the owner) (dc dont like Kaws as much as other places) DC'ers are more into suzukis and R1's. :cry:

the list for the R1 buyers is 20 deep as of monday, and rising!
(more than any dealers around DC's list....6-10 buyers average for the R1...3-7 buyers for the zx10R)

so the price is real!
one of my street riders have a new 04 R1 (pick it up last week) $9599 out the door.

and he told me the club price is as folows
04 R1 $9,599 Out the Door
04 gixxers $9,100 out the door
04 Honda 1000 $9,599 OTD (may be $100 to $150 higher)
04 kaw zx10R $9,499 OTD (price may be $100 higher) :D

and he ocationally check with my associate to verify they are in the club,
(check me out also )
but the most i heard someone out side the club get a price for a R1 is $10,200 and i guess they did that because they know they have more buyers within this club connection then they can supply bikes for to outsiders.

now i know some are wondering why my associates send so much business his way?

well since there first meeting 5+ years ago he sells him a new Gixxer or such at their cost (somerwhere like $8600) plus there cost for shipping ; that i heard is like $75 per bike not the $395 dealers charge us.

now i am reluctant to post the name of the dealer on the net for the sole reason of taking a good thing we have and have a lot of people calling and ordering bikes from this guy and in the end not being able to pay for it. (as time came close to release date here in dc the dealers said they had forks renig on the reserves [R1] )

i have 2 other friends that are waiting on bikes from them and like i said all the people that buy from them already have the money at hand and not looking for financing and such.

my sugestion for huge discounts is to get a club (in person or internet)and talk directly to a dealer ( in no mans land) have one sole contact [owner select] posibaly even start a buyers group website ie, national sports cycle club or something.

the down side of this is the fact that shipping can cost up to $695 from west cost to east cost from some companies, but Atlis ship my last bike and it was cheap. so you might try to get folks in your region and a dealer near you (few hundred miles)

here in dc motorcyling is huge! and a lot of people get new bikes every 1-2 years so the dealers stay busy and offer no discounts since they know you dont have many options.

sorry for the long post but it should explain the low price im getting.

Ionly ask what others are paying just see what the average deals are going for. becasue like i said here in DC they will tellyou real quick NO DEALS, so i wanted to judge my price.

i was willing to pay $10,699 the earlyer price but not 11k (current price)

#6 ·
I live here in the Norfolk VA area (huge military as I am) and dealers usually charge more than msrp as they can with the market.

I got mine for 10,300, and that includes new helmet, due to my buying 8 bikes from them in the past, so that is why I got the good deal.

I still pay my tax, tags etc, but, that is pretty close to as good as a deal as it gets from what I hear, and once people see Dayona and the Kwak winning it 8) there will be more!!

#10 ·
Mr. Who? said:
Call up Goodtimes Powersports in Lubbock, Texas. Around $9000 cash.
So is it 9k or is it 9.2k or.........and what about tx/title/freight etc?? as these are all part of the purchase price. As for cash, it makes no diff to a salesman...actually the dealership makes more from somone financing so they would rather not deal with cash.

BD

#15 ·
lzbrown said:
How'd you guyz get a price out of the dealer? I live in Northern, VA and my dealer told me he couldn't give me a otd price until the bike arrives because he has no idea how many he's getting. Talking about supply and demand.
That particular dealer is not worth the time of day my friend as the MSRP has been available to the public for 2-3 months now!! so what his math skills don't work?? His allotment has no bearing on you in terms of what sort of deal you can put together!

BD

#17 ·
If it were me i would seriously consider it.......what he's doing is working the situation as though he has an advantage by stating 'i'm not sure how many i'm getting' if he's not able to tell you what freight & setup, doc and title fees will be or not then its not worth the time as these are very basic fees a dealer can charge whatever they want withn reason. Do a bit of research within your state and compare what info your able to gather from others for your own peice of mind.

BD

#19 ·
dealer

I dont think that the dealer knows what thier cost is going to be untill they acctually close to recieving the bikes. So, that sounds about right, he cant work you a deal when he doesnt even know how much it will cost him.

#21 ·
Re: dealer

FrEteGi said:
I dont think that the dealer knows what thier cost is going to be untill they acctually close to recieving the bikes. So, that sounds about right, he cant work you a deal when he doesnt even know how much it will cost him.
Total BS!! The salesman does in fact know that MSRP is $10,999! and since each and every dealership has area Rep's that relay the pertinent info such as the dealers cost of an 04 zx10 theres no sensible reason why at this point he doesn't know as they are basically 2 weeks away from sitting on showroom floors.
Hell he can get on the phone and contact KMC accounting to find out if he was any kind of salesperson.

BD

#22 ·
The dealer knows exactly what he is paying for each bike, and the shipping and setup allowance does not vary by dealer; this is US Federal law. Your dealer is within his rights to tell you competition and scarce supply is raising his price, and I'm within mine to tell him my price and walk out if we don't agree.

I will offer $9945 before taxes, title, and registration. This number will include any other fee the dealer wants, as long as it's $9945 or less before taxes, title, registration.

If the dealer wants over that, I will consider a 4-year transferrable extended warranty, or I will consider purchasing a jacket or gloves or boots from the PU catalog through the dealer - he will make a little more off the deal then, and I'll be getting gear slightly higher than I would otherwise. But I will not go above what I figure is worth $9998 to the dealer (before taxes yadda) from his share of the accessory purchase. Note, I am a GTOC member, which means Kawi will send the dealer a percentage of each accessory I purchase (in addition to the nominal profit the dealer makes on his gear).

No, I won't tell you why I chose those numbers. Y'all post back and tell me how you did.

#24 ·
I got a $10,600 otd quote today after 3 other places told me they weren't going under list price. Still have a few other places to go by but if they can't beat it I'll be alright with that price.

And he told me he expected a few of them to come in next week, everyone else said they would be given 1 around the 20th of this month.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.