Gen 5: 2016 -> How long does the transmission recall take? - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 70 Old 03-05-2018, 07:07 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yeah, I will try stopping by with the recall notice.... there are a few other dealers just not as close by if it come to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawi_Chris View Post
Just got mine in the mail today... called dealer and they wonít even order the parts unless the bike is there.... wtf
You can take it to any dealer. Tell your dealer you will take it somewhere else if they can't order the parts first and let you know when they are in before taking your bike in. My dealer had no problem getting the parts first. Kawi pays them to do the job so it's in their best interest to do your bike. They don't get full rate, but they get paid to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 70 Old 03-06-2018, 09:24 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, I will try stopping by with the recall notice.... there are a few other dealers just not as close by if it come to it.
I would imagine that the dealership has a procedure they have to follow to get this done. Most places will want to see the bike to record the VIN themselves to fill out the paperwork to Kawi for tracking and ordering. I'm sure they've gotten screwed before pre-ordering parts and having them sit on the shelf because somebody went to another dealer instead. The paperwork and follow through is usually more involved than the work itself. It also depends on whether the dealer has to buy the parts and get reimbursed for it after the work is done or if Kawi will send stuff with minimal proof.

The other thing you may ask the dealer is if you can take the bike to get inspected, have them order the parts while you ride away, and you schedule the work after they get the parts. I can't believe they'd hold your bike for 4 or so days to wait on parts. Something to think about.

I got the letter last night! So, when I get around to it, I'll get it fixed. I need to find a shop that will just give me the gears and let me do it myself!

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #43 of 70 Old 03-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yeah, I am sure there is a procedure they have to follow for payment or reimbursement. I hate the fact they will even be touching my bike more or less having it for an extended period of time... ugh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Quote:
I would imagine that the dealership has a procedure they have to follow to get this done. Most places will want to see the bike to record the VIN themselves to fill out the paperwork to Kawi for tracking and ordering. I'm sure they've gotten screwed before pre-ordering parts and having them sit on the shelf because somebody went to another dealer instead. The paperwork and follow through is usually more involved than the work itself. It also depends on whether the dealer has to buy the parts and get reimbursed for it after the work is done or if Kawi will send stuff with minimal proof.

The other thing you may ask the dealer is if you can take the bike to get inspected, have them order the parts while you ride away, and you schedule the work after they get the parts. I can't believe they'd hold your bike for 4 or so days to wait on parts. <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/dontknow.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Dontknow" >:-)</a> Something to think about.

I got the letter last night! So, when I get around to it, I'll get it fixed. I need to find a shop that will just give me the gears and let me do it myself! <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/icon_wink.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Wink" >:-)</a>

post #44 of 70 Old 03-06-2018, 12:00 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, I am sure there is a procedure they have to follow for payment or reimbursement. I hate the fact they will even be touching my bike more or less having it for an extended period of time... ugh...
I hear ya on that!

Just FYI, talked to the dealer near me and got the same response as you got. They need the bike there to order the parts. The explanation they gave is that Kawi won't release the parts until that point to make the parts available to everyone who needs them sooner. It's a response to dealers immediately ordering parts in this instance to store them until needed and the rest of the dealerships get back-ordered because the parts have been scooped up already. Then they don't have them available when they actually get a customer to do the work. Makes sense, but it doesn't help the timeframe out for the customer either.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #45 of 70 Old 03-06-2018, 01:08 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Just left the dealer... took my recall notice and they were fine with that.... parts ordered. I had them order the CCT as well and have them both done at the same time. Now I will just have the anxiety for the day they have it, not 3-4 days. ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Quote:
I hear ya on that!

Just FYI, talked to the dealer near me and got the same response as you got. They need the bike there to order the parts. The explanation they gave is that Kawi won't release the parts until that point to make the parts available to everyone who needs them sooner. It's a response to dealers immediately ordering parts in this instance to store them until needed and the rest of the dealerships get back-ordered because the parts have been scooped up already. Then they don't have them available when they actually get a customer to do the work. Makes sense, but it doesn't help the timeframe out for the customer either.
post #46 of 70 Old 03-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Just left the dealer... took my recall notice and they were fine with that.... parts ordered. I had them order the CCT as well and have them both done at the same time. Now I will just have the anxiety for the day they have it, not 3-4 days. ??
How much did the CCT run you? I am tempted to try and get mine knocked out at the same time too.

Before I left the dealer I took a pic of my odometer in case they got any ideas. Every one of the mechanics in the shop watched me
post #47 of 70 Old 03-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

CCT is a warranty item, so cost nothing. He said per Kawasaki, people that complain about the noise needed to be verified by the dealer in order to swap them out, but he just took my word for it and placed the warranty replacement order so they could do both jobs at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
Quote:
How much did the CCT run you? I am tempted to try and get mine knocked out at the same time too.

Before I left the dealer I took a pic of my odometer in case they got any ideas. Every one of the mechanics in the shop watched me <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/crackup.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Crackup" >:-)</a>
Schooley likes this.
post #48 of 70 Old 03-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Shoot, my dealer called me before I got the notice, and had already ordered the parts for both of my bikes, and had already put my race bike on their schedule!! my dealer

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #49 of 70 Old 03-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thatís great.... the closest dealer (one that is doing the warranty work) to me I have never purchased anything from because their prices are ridiculous. That had a lot to do with the reply to me originally about getting the work done. I saved a ton of money when I bought the bike out of state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Shoot, my dealer called me before I got the notice, and had already ordered the parts for both of my bikes, and had already put my race bike on their schedule!! <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/love10.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Love10" >:-)</a> my dealer <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/ZX-10R_net_2015/smilies/tango_face_grin.png" border="0" alt="" title="Big Grin" >:-)</a>
post #50 of 70 Old 03-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

My local dealer allowed me to provide them with the VIN and ordered the parts BEFORE I brought my bike in. Work is being performed as we speak and should take approximately 2-3 hours so it should be ready for pick up by the end of today.

I also, mentioned the CCT and this part will be replaced along with the transmission recall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in