Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Hossack Zx10R

13K views 46 replies 17 participants last post by  michael4012 
#1 ·
Work in progress on a Hossack conversion on a 2016 ZX10R

Attachments

See less See more
#18 ·
Started Fabricating the new inlet duct which should be way better in terms of flow and pressure recovery into the airbox.....

The stock arrangement is a bit of a compromise.....one thing I have noticed is the 2016 frame inlet duct has a couple of holes either side of the cast duct just before it enters the airbox...these according to Kawasaki are for noise attenuation for induction roar...these holes vent into the interior of the cast frame....the thing is the frame has a number of holes cast into it which are sealed with adhesive backed rubber patches.....these patches upon removing the frame from the motor were no longer sealing so probably would effect the inlet ducts ability to build and hold pressure into the airbox......I would suggest a fix would be to seal these holes in the inlet duct from the inside of the duct ...and so probably allowing a better ram air effect into the airbox.....

Attachments

#28 ·
Just completed the first stage of the build with zero issues or problems......the modified gen 4 frame fits nicely with the Gen 5 motor swingarm and linkages.....the swingarm pivot position in the Gen 4 frame in its present orientation looks to be a very close match with the previous position in the Gen 5 adjustable pivot with the +2mm Kit spacers installed....as I hoped it would.

So now to make a mount for the dash...tidy up the electrics ....measure up a new radiator and find a spot for the ignition key barrel......amongst a host of other fiddly bits and pieces......

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.