Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Help needed please

Gen 2: 2006-07 
915 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Matt Mcdowell 
#1 ·
Hi i have zx10 2007 and it is probly somthing stupid but i am trying everthing and just wont fire..it has been sitting in garage all winter but i was starting it regularly then it just stopped..sprayed plug leads wd40. It starting mis fireing and wouldn't hold the revs now it wont fire at all battery fully charged etc..there is enough petrol in it to get it to go etc...am at a complet loss am i missing somthing?? Please help..
Matt

#2 ·
Welcome!

So, you sprayed WD40 on your electrical parts and you can't figure out why it won't run? I've got an idea on why it won't run then! :idea:

What else did you remove off the bike to actually get the plug wires off to spray them with that crap? You've double checked all the components so they're installed correctly? You've checked all the fuses?

#3 ·
No sorry just the way i typed that wrong.. wd40 no were near the electrics..av checked leads..also there only new plugs in with about 900 miles..could these be faulty? Am no mechanic far from it but is there anything else i should be checking?? As i said it has been sitting and stopped working in the garage.even though i did keep starting it every week through the winter????

#6 · (Edited)
need to narrow ur starting /running problem down to either spark/ignition problem or lack of fuel problem. put some petrol in a spray bottle and spray each ram air duct at front fairing with 6-8 good shots of fuel, crack throttle and crank over. will fire up briefley if fuel problem, will not if lack of spark. fuel problem likely fuel pump, ignition likely plugs fouled. could be little more involved. test and report back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.