Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Help with figuring what broke

Gen 5: 2016-20 
1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  scout 
#1 ·
I?ve got to get a picture, but I?ll try to explain the best I can until then, recently the right side fairings blew off my bike and broke some stuff. I believe it?s emission parts which if it is that?s cool because I?ve already been flashed and will remove it. There is a rectangular canister which I?m assuming is a charcoal canister for the emission, there is a vacuum that says tanks, then on the there is a vacuum fitting that has 2 ports with an electrical connection on it, the one port broke off and there is a spade connector not hooked to anything. Like I said this is all on the right side of the bike. What parts are those that broke? Are they part of the emissions? Can I remove them, there is no FI light, it rides fine. I will get a picture soon.

#2 ·
Yes all of what you describe is related to the evap charcoal can and can be removed. Removing the motor will throw a code if you don't have that disabled in your ECU flash. The 2 vacuum lines connect to the bottom of the tank. I pulled those hoses and canister out of mine the day I got it. Do not plug the lines. Make sure to replace with proper vent lines in the bottom of the tank. If you plug the lines you will collapse your tank when the fuel pump pumps the fuel out. Don't ask me how I know.

#8 ·
I beg to differ on that one. I hate the flimsy tabs on the gen 4. The tank panel tabs under the seat and the tail section side panel tabs are especially weak. Most ZX10's I come across are broken or cracked in those places.

However the front end is decent and I will agree user error on that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.