Gen 5: 2016 -> Has anyone had this recall done? - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 06:06 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
g-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 628
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
I love all the conflicting answers we get. The rep at Kawasaki I spoke to specifically called it a "Recall".

If this Transmission recall is true, I'm really pissed.

As for the Models, even though mine is not listed as a CAL model, it has all the emissions crap like the canister and stuff under the fairing.

And sorry, yes, I meant in the beginning if it was a CAL "California" model, not a CA "Canada" model.

Last edited by g-man; 02-16-2018 at 06:09 AM.
g-man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 08:12 AM
GP Rider
 
Capncalyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,969
Posting Frequency
Images: 1
    
Why get so pissed and worked up?? Did the tranny shit the bed on you? Kawi is taking care of it/you for free, all you gotta do is roll it in. I can see if you had a accident because of a tranny failure or having to buy a new one. And why do you still have that emissions crap under there, especially if you dont live in Cali lol??

Live Til You Die - QOTSA

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.
Capncalyx is offline  
post #23 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
g-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 628
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capncalyx View Post
Why get so pissed and worked up?? Did the tranny shit the bed on you? Kawi is taking care of it/you for free, all you gotta do is roll it in. I can see if you had a accident because of a tranny failure or having to buy a new one. And why do you still have that emissions crap under there, especially if you dont live in Cali lol??
I think I'm more pissed I did not here it from Kawasaki first. Even after I spoke to them the other day.

Luckily this is a Cassette Tranny, so not as involved as the Yamaha R1 recall where they had to split the tranny.

Maybe mine is not in the recall, but I'm not usually that lucky

Last edited by g-man; 02-16-2018 at 08:25 AM.
g-man is offline  
 
post #24 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 12:39 PM
tdh
GP Rider
 
tdh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,579
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man View Post
I love all the conflicting answers we get. The rep at Kawasaki I spoke to specifically called it a "Recall".

If this Transmission recall is true, I'm really pissed.

As for the Models, even though mine is not listed as a CAL model, it has all the emissions crap like the canister and stuff under the fairing.

And sorry, yes, I meant in the beginning if it was a CAL "California" model, not a CA "Canada" model.
How do you know you have a "US" model and not a "CAL" model without looking at at the part number on the ECU? I don't know of a way but would sure like to know. The model numbers are not different.

.
tdh is offline  
post #25 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
g-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 628
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
How do you know you have a "US" model and not a "CAL" model without looking at at the part number on the ECU? I don't know of a way but would sure like to know. The model numbers are not different.
They told me if it has an L in the Vin# it is the California model. Can I believe them? not sure

I'll check my ECU# later.
g-man is offline  
post #26 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 01:20 PM
GP Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Limbo
Posts: 2,788
Posting Frequency
   
21175-1128 = CAL
21175-1129 = 49 state US / CAN
ZX10RArcher is offline  
post #27 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 03:19 PM
tdh
GP Rider
 
tdh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,579
Posting Frequency
 
That's the only way I know of, but is there any other way? I do not have an L in my VIN# (JKAZXCS13GA000471) and I do have a California model even though I am in Illinois (I have an 1128 ECU).

.
tdh is offline  
post #28 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
g-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 628
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
That's the only way I know of, but is there any other way? I do not have an L in my VIN# (JKAZXCS13GA000471) and I do have a California model even though I am in Illinois (I have an 1128 ECU).
I think the person I first spoke to is full of it. Mine is 1128 ECU also.
g-man is offline  
post #29 of 37 Old 02-16-2018, 06:02 PM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: North East FL
Posts: 568
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man View Post
I think I'm more pissed I did not here it from Kawasaki first. Even after I spoke to them the other day.

Luckily this is a Cassette Tranny, so not as involved as the Yamaha R1 recall where they had to split the tranny.

Maybe mine is not in the recall, but I'm not usually that lucky
I had one. They had to split the cases to get the tranny gears out. Factory sealed motor torn apart by "techs" was not very nice for a brand new bike.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
obijack is offline  
post #30 of 37 Old 02-19-2018, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider
 
g-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 628
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Just got the call, mine is part of the Recall. Guess I'd rather find out this way then calling them when the tranny disintegrates.
g-man is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
recall

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome