Gen 5: 2016 -> Graves Motorsports 2016 Cat Eliminator Exhaust - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 69 Old 02-11-2016, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

We have graves spec maps for graves systems in the database (right now Cat Elims) we will publish the full system maps soon as they roll out of production. You also have access to the stock map and an unrestricted to tune yourself. The autoblip is done but will not release pending a test at thunderhill coming up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 Old 02-11-2016, 06:26 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

That's with your ECU flash kit you mentioned earlier? I assume you would have maps for both insert in and insert out right? Would I also be able to disable some warning lights (pair valve, etc), bump up redline and other odds and ends like with Woolich?

post #13 of 69 Old 02-11-2016, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
That's with your ECU flash kit you mentioned earlier? I assume you would have maps for both insert in and insert out right? Would I also be able to disable some warning lights (pair valve, etc), bump up redline and other odds and ends like with Woolich?

I just have one map. Best used with out the insert. Any warning or errors that process can be removed .. Yes redline as well.. As far as woolich I'm not familiar with it no one racing at the elite pro level in the us uses it that I know of. There software looked similar to me to the old (4 or 5 years ago flash tune setup) when I looked at it once.
  • Remove Throttle-By-Wire Restrictions
  • Engine Braking adjustments
  • High Load Fuel Maps (with PC3 and PC5 map importing)
  • Low Load (cruising) Fuel Maps
  • Ignition Timing
  • Immobilizer Function
  • Cooling Fan Temps
  • Rev-Limiter Control

post #14 of 69 Old 02-11-2016, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Here's the unrestricted file opened.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ftpreview.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	357089  
post #15 of 69 Old 02-11-2016, 07:22 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Okay, it would be nice to have a map with and without insert. I have a full Graves system on my 2014 along with a Bazzaz and there is a fairly significant difference with and without the insert. BUT, I'm not using a Graves insert so I'm not sure how much the Graves insert would change the tune. We run at NCM in October and many people were getting booted for sound so I may have to run an insert there, and would rather not run a whole race with AFRs off too much, although I would think running an insert would cause it to run a little rich which would be safer than lean.

Last edited by tdh; 02-11-2016 at 07:26 PM.
post #16 of 69 Old 02-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Can't see any Ignition Setting capability on your ECU Settings pull down......????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1455242016947.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	357097  
post #17 of 69 Old 02-12-2016, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Okay, it would be nice to have a map with and without insert. I have a full Graves system on my 2014 along with a Bazzaz and there is a fairly significant difference with and without the insert. BUT, I'm not using a Graves insert so I'm not sure how much the Graves insert would change the tune. We run at NCM in October and many people were getting booted for sound so I may have to run an insert there, and would rather not run a whole race with AFRs off too much, although I would think running an insert would cause it to run a little rich which would be safer than lean.
If you have a 2016 ZX10 and want a map with the insert I'll put one up no problem. It's a quick and VERY minor change that wouldn't effect most. Just email sales @ gravesport.com a copy of your exhaust purchase receipt. The current map is optimized without it and it runs really good with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarondato View Post
Can't see any Ignition Setting capability on your ECU Settings pull down......????
Look at the unrestricted map. The GRAVES maps are locked down. We are not in a position to technically support changes to our maps since they are open use on the database. Thank you.
post #18 of 69 Old 02-12-2016, 10:17 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravesport.com View Post
If you have a 2016 ZX10 and want a map with the insert I'll put one up no problem. It's a quick and VERY minor change that wouldn't effect most. Just email sales @ gravesport.com a copy of your exhaust purchase receipt. The current map is optimized without it and it runs really good with.
Just so I am clear I would have access to both maps right? And I assume these maps are created on the Dyno, with a 2016 and nothing more than the Graves cat eliminator exhaust and blockoff plates? I may still take this somewhere and get it dyno tuned but at least I should be in the ballpark.

Last edited by tdh; 02-12-2016 at 10:21 AM.
post #19 of 69 Old 02-12-2016, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Posting Frequency

The bikes are tuned of the Graves dyno respectfully. If you've purchased our exhaust and need a map with the insert I'll do one no problem and you'd have access to it. It's really not a big deal to use the current one either way it works great but if your supporting our products and need it. We will do one.
tdh likes this.

Last edited by Gravesport.com; 02-12-2016 at 11:32 AM.
post #20 of 69 Old 02-12-2016, 10:57 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Good news. I'm working with my dealer right now to get me a quote on your exhaust and flash kit and I'm heading over tomorrow morning to pick the bike up. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.