Gen 5: 2016 -> GP Shift 2016 ZX10R: A Dirty Mod... - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 38Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 232 Old 01-04-2016, 06:28 AM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 717
Posting Frequency
 
Gen5 has 3 cats in the boom box.

Interested to know the size of the exhaust diameter? gen 4 to gen 5, if the same might be an upgrade for the gen 4 of mine if the header side is the same :).

Re shifter working in GP, I have a strong feeling there won't be an option in the stock ecu. I believe kawasaki expects racers to use the kit ecu so gp shift and auto blip settings changeable in that. thats not to say woolich racing can't reprogram the stock ecu or even add in some code to make it work ;).

interested in the linkage also if its the same as the gen 4 or different (hopefully like the aftermarket linkages??) sounds like the gen 5 swingarm might fit a 4 and vice versa.
RBZ10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 232 Old 01-04-2016, 07:04 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 19
Posting Frequency
 
the OEM quickshifter will work in both direction but you will have to have the Kit ECU to quickshift and AutoBlip, not sure how it works out when going up and down the gear box if you change from race to standard shift. I am Guessing there will be a setting in the Kit ECU to change correct this
modaddie is offline  
post #23 of 232 Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
Vonstallin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 3,435
Posting Frequency
Images: 16
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBZ10R View Post
Gen5 has 3 cats in the boom box.

Interested to know the size of the exhaust diameter? gen 4 to gen 5, if the same might be an upgrade for the gen 4 of mine if the header side is the same :).

Re shifter working in GP, I have a strong feeling there won't be an option in the stock ecu. I believe kawasaki expects racers to use the kit ecu so gp shift and auto blip settings changeable in that. thats not to say woolich racing can't reprogram the stock ecu or even add in some code to make it work ;).

interested in the linkage also if its the same as the gen 4 or different (hopefully like the aftermarket linkages??) sounds like the gen 5 swingarm might fit a 4 and vice versa.
The shifter plugs in just like the Bazzaz do, easy to remove, but I really do want to have it working...It did not feel as smooth as the Bazzaz but not bad at all. As tiny as the bazzaz and DynoJet shifters are...I wonder why the kaws so large.

The Gen 5 Linkage do not look the same as the Gen 4s at all (strickly going by eye)... Something told me to take pictures of both, but really need to lay all of them down side by side.

I have the MSS Colechester links (3.5 on race bike & have 4.0 on street bike).

To me...swing arm def "looks" like it can fit on the Gen 4...
Not sure how that works with the new steering head location geometry wise.

The new shock looks longer...I am waiting to see what comes back on the gas charged shocks...like if they are better than the TTX or not.
I have a TTX on both of my Gen 4 and before I sell the street one Id snatch it off, but if it do not fit, might leave it and make a deal on the sale price.


Quote:
Originally Posted by modaddie View Post
the OEM quickshifter will work in both direction but you will have to have the Kit ECU to quickshift and AutoBlip, not sure how it works out when going up and down the gear box if you change from race to standard shift. I am Guessing there will be a setting in the Kit ECU to change correct this
I talk to Superbikes Unlimited and they have a base ECU flash so far, but nothing for the extra tech yet.

I would love to have this QS work, but if the only way to get it to work is with a Race ECU (and that do not include street lights) then Ill just remove it and use straight shift rod.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
Vonstallin is offline  
 
post #24 of 232 Old 01-04-2016, 09:43 PM
Supercharged Mod
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,383
Posting Frequency
         
Talk to Don Guhl ... He has something in the works for the 2016 ZX10R right now and can probably tell you about the quickshifter logic.

The Kawasaki shift rod sensor is bigger than the standard Dynojet / Bazzazz / other aftermarket switches because those are just that - switches. The Kawasaki sensor is a strain gauge that actually measures how much force you are applying and there are some electronics inside the sensor itself to translate the strain gauge measurement into a variable voltage that the ECU can use.
theatiss likes this.


Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
GoFaster is offline  
post #25 of 232 Old 01-04-2016, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов
 
Vonstallin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 3,435
Posting Frequency
Images: 16
      
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Talk to Don Guhl ... He has something in the works for the 2016 ZX10R right now and can probably tell you about the quickshifter logic.

The Kawasaki shift rod sensor is bigger than the standard Dynojet / Bazzazz / other aftermarket switches because those are just that - switches. The Kawasaki sensor is a strain gauge that actually measures how much force you are applying and there are some electronics inside the sensor itself to translate the strain gauge measurement into a variable voltage that the ECU can use.
Good to know....Ghul did my 2011 ZX10ss ECU.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
Vonstallin is offline  
post #26 of 232 Old 01-05-2016, 05:51 AM
Street Rider
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: India
Posts: 79
Posting Frequency
 
You are a true Kawi fan, 3 10Rs , beautiful collection.
gr8shine is offline  
post #27 of 232 Old 01-05-2016, 08:22 AM
GP Rider
 
mpp12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,352
Posting Frequency
 
The swingarm is a bit longer on gen5, the rearbrake holder is diferent (not shure), the link is diferent. and of course the shock.
I would bet the TTX is better than the stock on gen5.. those on the honda RRs are pure garbage.

A Upgrade to a gen4 would be to put a gen5 swingarm since its stronger....
mpp12 is offline  
post #28 of 232 Old 01-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Squid
 
tjordan02's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 12
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
I have a funny feeling that KQS won't work with the shift rod sensor reversed and (unless Kawasaki has fixed this, which they might have ...) there's no way to change it without reflashing the ECU. The sensor is not a simple switch (like the various Dynojet etc aftermarket switches are), it is a strain gauge that actually measures how much force is being applied and in which direction.

The H2 has the logic for reverse shift pattern in the ECU but you have to reflash to enable it ... I am hoping Don Guhl will come to the rescue.
In talking to a few people who were working on the pre production 2016 the ECU on the new 2016 is very similar to the H2 ECU and will be able to be programed in the ECU for down shifting.
tjordan02 is offline  
post #29 of 232 Old 01-05-2016, 09:36 PM
Squid
 
ProfessorOTLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 11
Posting Frequency
 
Vonstallin pass those parts this way lol... Will be over for help to install the graphics i have for the bike too
Glad some parts are interchangeable.
Once mine come in I might have to get swing pass Don's the next day..
ProfessorOTLR is offline  
post #30 of 232 Old 01-06-2016, 03:16 AM
WSB Rider
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 717
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
The shifter plugs in just like the Bazzaz do, easy to remove, but I really do want to have it working...It did not feel as smooth as the Bazzaz but not bad at all. As tiny as the bazzaz and DynoJet shifters are...I wonder why the kaws so large.

The Gen 5 Linkage do not look the same as the Gen 4s at all (strickly going by eye)... Something told me to take pictures of both, but really need to lay all of them down side by side.

I have the MSS Colechester links (3.5 on race bike & have 4.0 on street bike).

To me...swing arm def "looks" like it can fit on the Gen 4...
Not sure how that works with the new steering head location geometry wise.

The new shock looks longer...I am waiting to see what comes back on the gas charged shocks...like if they are better than the TTX or not.
I have a TTX on both of my Gen 4 and before I sell the street one Id snatch it off, but if it do not fit, might leave it and make a deal on the sale price.




I talk to Superbikes Unlimited and they have a base ECU flash so far, but nothing for the extra tech yet.

I would love to have this QS work, but if the only way to get it to work is with a Race ECU (and that do not include street lights) then Ill just remove it and use straight shift rod.
The kawaka shifter is similar to the WR moto2 shifter just they have centralised the strain gauge sensor on the rod.

Just wait for Woolich Racing to release there flashing tool for the gen 5 it should have an option for switching to GP if there is an option in the ECU.

interested to know re linkages as I have a copy of the 3.5 MSS Colchester link.

Any news on the link pipe diameter? same as current?
RBZ10R is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome