Gen 5: 2016 -> Gen5 rear suspention link info needed - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 112 Old 02-09-2016, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
What are Kyle valving or Race links?
I only knew of MSS and Attack Kawasaki Race Links.
KyleUSA sells it's link, it is good one, many racers and tuners use it too.
Kyle valving is shim stack configuration inside TTX what they install to match their link and rider ass. Normally tuners don't publish their stack config (high speed valving shims used).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 112 Old 02-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos76 View Post
KyleUSA sells it's link, it is good one, many racers and tuners use it too.
Kyle valving is shim stack configuration inside TTX what they install to match their link and rider ass. Normally tuners don't publish their stack config (high speed valving shims used).
Ah ok.

I did not know they matched valving to race links.

I am sending Thermosman my TTX to get revalved...he has my 4.0 links measurements, but I may send them also.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
post #23 of 112 Old 03-04-2016, 04:30 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I compared the Spec Sheets for the KA360 (Gen4) to the KA364 (Gen5) and the only 2 things that really stand out are the way lower start rate on the KA364 using the 90Nm spring for a 160-180lb rider (versus the 110Nm for the Gen 4) and the rebound spec has been reduced one setting. So basically a spring swap and a shim stack change and you can fit an otherwise unadulterated KA340, KA358 or KA360 for the Gen4 bike onto a Gen5 model. Might also have to rearrange the hydraulic adjuster collar and hose to a better positon...

There are a few other small things with spacers, stroke length and topout spring etc, but I don't personally think those particular changes will make much difference in the grand scheme of things for most riders.

post #24 of 112 Old 03-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
I compared the Spec Sheets for the KA360 (Gen4) to the KA364 (Gen5) and the only 2 things that really stand out are the way lower start rate on the KA364 using the 90Nm spring for a 160-180lb rider (versus the 110Nm for the Gen 4) and the rebound spec has been reduced one setting. So basically a spring swap and a shim stack change and you can fit an otherwise unadulterated KA340, KA358 or KA360 for the Gen4 bike onto a Gen5 model. Might also have to rearrange the hydraulic adjuster collar and hose to a better positon...

There are a few other small things with spacers, stroke length and topout spring etc, but I don't personally think those particular changes will make much difference in the grand scheme of things for most riders.
good to know.

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
post #25 of 112 Old 03-04-2016, 05:23 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post

So for my KA931 that was revalved to work with the Kyle 5% link, should I be able to bolt that into the Gen5 bike and have it work well with the stock link? And would I need to do anything else, like the 8mm shim I have on the Gen4?

I plan to buy the newer generation of the TTX, but until I can sell off some Gen4 parts to finance it, I'm inclined to bolt in the KA931 in the meantime, if it'll work okay.
post #26 of 112 Old 03-04-2016, 05:28 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver View Post
So for my KA931 that was revalved to work with the Kyle 5% link, should I be able to bolt that into the Gen5 bike and have it work well with the stock link? And would I need to do anything else, like the 8mm shim I have on the Gen4?

I plan to buy the newer generation of the TTX, but until I can sell off some Gen4 parts to finance it, I'm inclined to bolt in the KA931 in the meantime, if it'll work okay.

I would venture to say No. You would be pretty close on the Rebound spec, but the Compression Valving is way higher than what is spec'd as standard. I mean might be worth a try for grins and giggles, but as fast as you are, you need accurate specs to maintain the composure and attitude of the bike.
post #27 of 112 Old 03-04-2016, 05:40 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Shit. Wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but your honesty is always appreciated. Guess I'll ride the Gen4 one last time on the 14th and start tearing it down and selling off some parts so I can get some new toys from you guys. Hope to see you out there.
post #28 of 112 Old 03-08-2016, 03:25 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver View Post
Shit. Wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but your honesty is always appreciated.
Oil in TTX should be changed regulary, just let the technitian to change the shims to proper spec at the same time. Simple job and should not cost much extra.
CanyonCarver likes this.
post #29 of 112 Old 03-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

This is interesting. If the Gen 5 link is similar to the race links for the Gen 4 might be worth a while using stock gen 5 link on the gen 4 for racing.
Being that it is a "stock" link the bike technically would still be eligible to supersport/superstock rules.

"The ZX-10R is capable of being perfectly docile and tractable, but few men are capable of resisting its ever-present voice urging them to just twist it and see what happens."
post #30 of 112 Old 03-09-2016, 08:51 AM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa View Post
This is interesting. If the Gen 5 link is similar to the race links for the Gen 4 might be worth a while using stock gen 5 link on the gen 4 for racing.
Being that it is a "stock" link the bike technically would still be eligible to supersport/superstock rules.
Ive never known links to be Illegal for super stock.
Then again, i havent read the rule books on them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.