Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

Kawasaki ZX-10R.net (http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/)
-   The ZX-10R (http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/)
-   -   Gen 5: Gen5 rear suspention link info needed (http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/gen5-rear-suspention-link-info-needed-303658.html)

Carlos76 02-09-2016 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonstallin (Post 4048129)
What are Kyle valving or Race links?
I only knew of MSS and Attack Kawasaki Race Links.

KyleUSA sells it's link, it is good one, many racers and tuners use it too.
Kyle valving is shim stack configuration inside TTX what they install to match their link and rider ass. Normally tuners don't publish their stack config (high speed valving shims used).

Vonstallin 02-09-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlos76 (Post 4048345)
KyleUSA sells it's link, it is good one, many racers and tuners use it too.
Kyle valving is shim stack configuration inside TTX what they install to match their link and rider ass. Normally tuners don't publish their stack config (high speed valving shims used).

Ah ok.

I did not know they matched valving to race links.

I am sending Thermosman my TTX to get revalved...he has my 4.0 links measurements, but I may send them also.

LDH 03-04-2016 05:30 PM

I compared the Spec Sheets for the KA360 (Gen4) to the KA364 (Gen5) and the only 2 things that really stand out are the way lower start rate on the KA364 using the 90Nm spring for a 160-180lb rider (versus the 110Nm for the Gen 4) and the rebound spec has been reduced one setting. So basically a spring swap and a shim stack change and you can fit an otherwise unadulterated KA340, KA358 or KA360 for the Gen4 bike onto a Gen5 model. Might also have to rearrange the hydraulic adjuster collar and hose to a better positon...

There are a few other small things with spacers, stroke length and topout spring etc, but I don't personally think those particular changes will make much difference in the grand scheme of things for most riders.

Vonstallin 03-04-2016 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDH (Post 4074113)
I compared the Spec Sheets for the KA360 (Gen4) to the KA364 (Gen5) and the only 2 things that really stand out are the way lower start rate on the KA364 using the 90Nm spring for a 160-180lb rider (versus the 110Nm for the Gen 4) and the rebound spec has been reduced one setting. So basically a spring swap and a shim stack change and you can fit an otherwise unadulterated KA340, KA358 or KA360 for the Gen4 bike onto a Gen5 model. Might also have to rearrange the hydraulic adjuster collar and hose to a better positon...

There are a few other small things with spacers, stroke length and topout spring etc, but I don't personally think those particular changes will make much difference in the grand scheme of things for most riders.

good to know.

CanyonCarver 03-04-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDH (Post 4074113)

So for my KA931 that was revalved to work with the Kyle 5% link, should I be able to bolt that into the Gen5 bike and have it work well with the stock link? And would I need to do anything else, like the 8mm shim I have on the Gen4?

I plan to buy the newer generation of the TTX, but until I can sell off some Gen4 parts to finance it, I'm inclined to bolt in the KA931 in the meantime, if it'll work okay.

LDH 03-04-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver (Post 4074145)
So for my KA931 that was revalved to work with the Kyle 5% link, should I be able to bolt that into the Gen5 bike and have it work well with the stock link? And would I need to do anything else, like the 8mm shim I have on the Gen4?

I plan to buy the newer generation of the TTX, but until I can sell off some Gen4 parts to finance it, I'm inclined to bolt in the KA931 in the meantime, if it'll work okay.

I would venture to say No. You would be pretty close on the Rebound spec, but the Compression Valving is way higher than what is spec'd as standard. I mean might be worth a try for grins and giggles, but as fast as you are, you need accurate specs to maintain the composure and attitude of the bike.

CanyonCarver 03-04-2016 06:40 PM

Shit. Wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but your honesty is always appreciated. Guess I'll ride the Gen4 one last time on the 14th and start tearing it down and selling off some parts so I can get some new toys from you guys. Hope to see you out there.

Carlos76 03-08-2016 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver (Post 4074169)
Shit. Wasn't the answer I was hoping for, but your honesty is always appreciated.

Oil in TTX should be changed regulary, just let the technitian to change the shims to proper spec at the same time. Simple job and should not cost much extra.

rafa 03-09-2016 09:29 AM

This is interesting. If the Gen 5 link is similar to the race links for the Gen 4 might be worth a while using stock gen 5 link on the gen 4 for racing.
Being that it is a "stock" link the bike technically would still be eligible to supersport/superstock rules.

Vonstallin 03-09-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafa (Post 4078609)
This is interesting. If the Gen 5 link is similar to the race links for the Gen 4 might be worth a while using stock gen 5 link on the gen 4 for racing.
Being that it is a "stock" link the bike technically would still be eligible to supersport/superstock rules.

Ive never known links to be Illegal for super stock. :nerd:
Then again, i havent read the rule books on them :laugh2: