Gen 5: 2016 -> GEN 5 ZX-10R Lineup Recalled- Gears Might Break from High Impact - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 Old 03-12-2018, 10:06 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm getting too old for these sport machines. :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 Old 03-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Just got mine back, I was thinking some of the people reporting smoother shifts were exaggerating.. they're not. Smooth as butter.

I BS'd with the service guys and they were saying this recall work is stupid easy with the cassette style transmission.
post #23 of 39 Old 03-13-2018, 03:45 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Got my first bike back, but won't be riding it until this weekend at the earliest.

Appointment made for the second bike, which I'll just ride it up there on a telecommute day and sit there and work while they do the bike. Easy peasy.

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer

post #24 of 39 Old 03-14-2018, 06:43 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Got my first bike back, but won't be riding it until this weekend at the earliest.

Appointment made for the second bike, which I'll just ride it up there on a telecommute day and sit there and work while they do the bike. Easy peasy.
Be prepared for the possibility that you may not be able to ride the bike back home
post #25 of 39 Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I'm getting too old for these sport machines. :)
Dude no! how old is too old?
I'm turning 50 in a bit and I'm looking forward to more recreational track time.
know for sure I'm not going to get much faster... I do I know that "dumber" has been tailing me for the few years!
SkyDork and tdh like this.
post #26 of 39 Old 03-19-2018, 03:37 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'll be 55 this year. But, everyone's "too old" age is different. There are guys much older than I am who are much faster than I am but my body is telling me it's time for a sit up bike. :) I had to give up dirt riding a couple years ago and some of my older buddies are still going strong at that. Wish I could still do it, was a hell of a blast and had been doing it for 50 years.
SkyDork likes this.

post #27 of 39 Old 03-20-2018, 07:02 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
I'll be 55 this year. But, everyone's "too old" age is different. There are guys much older than I am who are much faster than I am but my body is telling me it's time for a sit up bike. :) I had to give up dirt riding a couple years ago and some of my older buddies are still going strong at that. Wish I could still do it, was a hell of a blast and had been doing it for 50 years.
I'm turning 61 this year! I have a cruiser, but sitting upright is so much more painful on my back, after long rides! I keep the cruiser just in case the wifey wants to take a ride.

BTW, I still bicycle 2500 miles a year.

I'm going to ride, until I cant get a leg over the seat.
SkyDork, tdh and lun471k like this.
post #28 of 39 Old 03-20-2018, 08:00 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm okay if I can keep the ZX10 in the corners (or track) but once I get on a straight road it's painful. I can ride my Super Duke all day in the corners or straights and not much of a problem.
SkyDork and lun471k like this.

post #29 of 39 Old 03-20-2018, 08:11 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'm happy to hear that there are other old coots still legging over the sportier bikes! I recently turned 45 years old and I'm now closer to the big 5-0 than I was before. My body is showing it's age and my butt can't stay in the seat like it used to. But my mangled head is still living the life of a mid 20 year old! At some point I'll likely have to change it over to a Hypermotard or one of them there Super Dukes. But these plastic wrapped worm burners will always have a place in my heart! It's never too old if you keep it going and don't get a Hardley! Don't give in!
Capncalyx and tdh like this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #30 of 39 Old 03-20-2018, 09:19 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Is there a way to tell the dealer to replace the oil with the same oil you put in there? I'm sure they just throw in OEM Kawi oil, but I just threw Motul 300V in less than 500 miles ago and that shit was over $75 for the oil+filter...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in