Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

GEN 5 ZX-10R Lineup Recalled- Gears Might Break from High Impact

Gen 5: 2016-20 
7K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  GearsNStuff 
#1 · (Edited)
#6 ·
here's some pictures of mine getting torn down.

Attachments

#18 ·
My GEN5 had the recall done and it's for sale. I can give you the phone number of the mechanic who did the work. :) I would be surprised if there are any GEN5s that are NOT part of the recall. I got one of the first GEN5s (#401 if memory serves correctly) and the recall goes all the way up into the 2018 models.

#23 ·
Got my first bike back, but won't be riding it until this weekend at the earliest.

Appointment made for the second bike, which I'll just ride it up there on a telecommute day and sit there and work while they do the bike. Easy peasy.

#26 ·
I'll be 55 this year. But, everyone's "too old" age is different. There are guys much older than I am who are much faster than I am but my body is telling me it's time for a sit up bike. :) I had to give up dirt riding a couple years ago and some of my older buddies are still going strong at that. Wish I could still do it, was a hell of a blast and had been doing it for 50 years.

#29 ·
I'm happy to hear that there are other old coots still legging over the sportier bikes! I recently turned 45 years old and I'm now closer to the big 5-0 than I was before. My body is showing it's age and my butt can't stay in the seat like it used to. But my mangled head is still living the life of a mid 20 year old! At some point I'll likely have to change it over to a Hypermotard or one of them there Super Dukes. But these plastic wrapped worm burners will always have a place in my heart! It's never too old if you keep it going and don't get a Hardley! :lol: Don't give in! :helmet:

#33 ·
I'm happy to hear that there are other old coots still legging over the sportier bikes! I recently turned 45 years old and I'm now closer to the big 5-0 than I was before. My body is showing it's age and my butt can't stay in the seat like it used to. But my mangled head is still living the life of a mid 20 year old! At some point I'll likely have to change it over to a Hypermotard or one of them there Super Dukes. But these plastic wrapped worm burners will always have a place in my heart! It's never too old if you keep it going and don't get a Hardley! <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/smilies/laughing.gif" border="0" alt="" title="LOL" >:)</a> Don't give in! <a href="http://Zx-10r.net/forum/images/smilies/helmet.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Helmet" >:)</a>

Your just a baby, I'm 53 & still comfortable on a long haul....

#30 ·
Is there a way to tell the dealer to replace the oil with the same oil you put in there? I'm sure they just throw in OEM Kawi oil, but I just threw Motul 300V in less than 500 miles ago and that shit was over $75 for the oil+filter...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.