Gen 5: 2016 -> Gen 5: Race Fairings (Add Links from sellers & Post Race Pics) - Page 9 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 107 Old 04-26-2016, 10:00 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

ready for round 1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rsz_1img_0042.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	369969  
trackaddict, RBZ10R and tdh like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 107 Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaddie View Post
ready for round 1
Jeezzuz....show me more.....
what body work is that?

headlight stickers are on point...bad ass...
and lets see if you can answer my 11 year question....

Where/What are the covers on the safety wire? shrink tube?
when I first started racing and saw the tub covers people put over the safety wire...Ive been hunting it down. I always get...I dont know.

bike is insane..

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
post #83 of 107 Old 04-27-2016, 08:16 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

the hose is 3mm silicone hose, can find it on ebay fairly cheap and in lots of colours

post #84 of 107 Old 04-27-2016, 08:20 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

race glass is by Bikesplast and I found it to be good quality and good value for money
post #85 of 107 Old 04-27-2016, 11:51 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonCarver View Post
Wow. Very sorry to hear that.

I got a bad feeling about them when I emailed them to ask if I could purchase just the tank cover, and the response was that they only sell complete kits. If they only sell kits, and not individual pieces, how can you replace crash-damaged pieces? Wouldn't want to buy a whole kit just to get one panel.

Real nice of them not to gouge you for the extra $250 after making you wait 6 weeks, though.
I'm still dealing with them to get the race seat I paid for. I am hoping that it works out. What a pain
post #86 of 107 Old 04-28-2016, 02:58 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Damn. That truly sucks.

I bought a spare Gen4 undertail and rear subframe so that I can try to mount my recently re-painted Gen4 bodywork to the new bike. If that works, I'll try to mount the Gen4 tank and covers too. Back to red/black.
post #87 of 107 Old 04-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Ciao,
I'm mounting the bikeplast full kit fairings ... if you're in doubt, wait a moment to buy, I'm encountering some problems.

I began with tail:
1) they choose to substitute the stock undertail with a new one; it seems really pretty, totally carbon ... yeah, unfortunatelly to dismount the oem it's a nightmare, so keep in mind that time. It's necessary to remove the passenger seat, upper tail, rider seat, lower tail, battery, fender/turn, tank (with 2 hoses)
2) the carbon undertail is shorter than the original, so the fuel pump is totally exposed (while the oem undertail cover more in deep)
3) the undertail seems to tighten just a little too the cabling
4) there are only two bolts to retain, and the four of the fender ... it seems a little light fixment
Tomorrow I'll try to finish to mount the tail .... if the situation does not change, I'm very in doubt if to retain or reject all.

About the front fairing there is an air duct with the holder for the dashboard ... it's means a lot of work to dismount all here too.

I'll give you an update.
gino
post #88 of 107 Old 04-28-2016, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaddie View Post
the hose is 3mm silicone hose, can find it on ebay fairly cheap and in lots of colours
thanks....just the right key words to find them on ebay and order some.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
post #89 of 107 Old 04-28-2016, 07:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemangino View Post
Ciao,
I'm mounting the bikeplast full kit fairings ... if you're in doubt, wait a moment to buy, I'm encountering some problems.

I began with tail:
1) they choose to substitute the stock undertail with a new one; it seems really pretty, totally carbon ... yeah, unfortunatelly to dismount the oem it's a nightmare, so keep in mind that time. It's necessary to remove the passenger seat, upper tail, rider seat, lower tail, battery, fender/turn, tank (with 2 hoses)
2) the carbon undertail is shorter than the original, so the fuel pump is totally exposed (while the oem undertail cover more in deep)
3) the undertail seems to tighten just a little too the cabling
4) there are only two bolts to retain, and the four of the fender ... it seems a little light fixment
Tomorrow I'll try to finish to mount the tail .... if the situation does not change, I'm very in doubt if to retain or reject all.

About the front fairing there is an air duct with the holder for the dashboard ... it's means a lot of work to dismount all here too.

I'll give you an update.
gino
The tail section was the easiest part of the entire mount up. They seem to fit great, but the design leaves alot to be desired. The distributor has also been a huge let down.

Have you found that you have alot of hairline cracks in the gel coat?
post #90 of 107 Old 04-28-2016, 09:19 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
thanks....just the right key words to find them on ebay and order some.
Just another option: I like Tygon tubing.

I got http://smile.amazon.com/Tygon-Plastic-Tubing-Length-Clear/dp/B00439I1PA?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage over 2 years ago for less than $20, and I still have more than half left.

The 1/4" tubing, and the 5/16" tubing from KurveyGirl work really well for brake reservoir tubing. And Tygon can handle brake fluid or damn near anything without swelling, melting or degrading.

Last edited by CanyonCarver; 04-28-2016 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Add photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.