Gen 5: 2016 -> Gen 5 Exhaust Opinions ? - Page 35 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #341 of 359 Old 03-08-2017, 07:42 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
I'm just trying to gauge more thoughts, forgive me for asking please.

It's not about the faults or error codes or warranty. My friends installed slip ons on their zx10's and are noticing a combination of power loss or having the bikes not run smoothly. Finding a decent tuner here is the issue and is something I'm trying to avoid unless absolutely necessary.
If you are removing the cat then you WILL need a remap. This bike runs very lean as standard and will run even leaner without a cat. Whatever people say on here standard ECUs cannot compensate, they work to fixed tables and only a aftermarket remap or the Kawasaki kit ECU can dial in correct running.

Beside which, because of how restricted the bike is at certain rev there is so much power go be gained with a proper remap then that should be your first port of call. A bolt on solution that only alters fueling will not give great results - the ignition needs advancing at certain parts of the rev range to produce good power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #342 of 359 Old 03-08-2017, 07:52 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

In reply to the original question of the thread I went with a pipewerx cat delete pipe and end can. It was under 200 so if I crash it at a track day it won't be too painful to replace. The standard headers are plenty good enough - all the restriction in this bike (which makes it so gutless as standard) is in the ECU and the EU4 compliant cat. For under 500 for an exhaust and a good remap (and I do mean a good one that reworks the ignition tables as well as just altering fueling) you can have an absolute BEAST of a bike. Anyone who wants to have a quick ride up and down the road on my 2016 is welcome to do so. You will see what this bike can really do when it's properly unleashed as the designers intended. In in the midlands in the UK. I live in Wellingborough but work in Hinckley.
post #343 of 359 Old 03-08-2017, 08:37 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

So pulled the trigger on the graves slip on. And ecu flash by nels. Also getting airbox wrapped installing block off plates, removing flaps. PCV and between a DNA air filter or the MWR filter. So was able to stretch 1500 alot longer and managed to squeeze in woodcraft timing cover. Whwn i PCS to Georgia and receive mt DLA ill add the headers and race intake cam together.
2K16/10r likes this.

post #344 of 359 Old 03-16-2017, 03:49 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Graves looks amazing was worried about the sound the youtube clips i didnt like to much but man this thing sound like a savage. Love the start up growl, not to loud when cruising i can still hear and talk on my sena headset. When you open it up perfect sound all the way around.
Carbon fiber can and even the hanger is carbon fiber.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170314_192957_1489697304335.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	394322   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170314_193005_1489697329128.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	394330   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170314_175416_1489697362646.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	394338  
post #345 of 359 Old 03-16-2017, 05:41 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Mmmmm luv those pants mate!if Helitech sees you rockin them he will go nuts wanting them!reminds me of Chevy Chasers Brother in law who emptys the "shitter"in Xmas Vacation would wear!only joking so don't take this to heart Nfamous
post #346 of 359 Old 03-16-2017, 08:55 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

What base are you PCSing to? I'm a little north at Charleston! Check out Lowcountry Sport Riders on FB, big group of Georgia peeps that do a ton of rides and races as well.
ZX10RArcher likes this.
post #347 of 359 Old 03-18-2017, 02:03 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Mmmmm luv those pants mate!if Helitech sees you rockin them he will go nuts wanting them!reminds me of Chevy Chasers Brother in law who emptys the "shitter"in Xmas Vacation would wear!only joking so don't take this to heart Nfamous
Lol its all good i can take a joke. Wife brought em actually....had to use some how
[QOTE=Lee#144;4321210]What base are you PCSing to? I'm a little north at Charleston! Check out Lowcountry Sport Riders on FB, big group of Georgia peeps that do a ton of rides and races as well.[/QUOTE]

Going to fort Stewart. Hinesville GA
post #348 of 359 Old 03-23-2017, 06:22 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

What should I buy:
- Graves Motorsports Titanium Cat Eliminator Exhaust w/ Carbon Can
- M4 Kawasaki Tech 1 Carbon Slip On Exhaust w/Cat Eliminator
- Exhaust Muffler LeoVince FACTORY S S.Steel 14142S with cat eliminator
- Exhaust Muffler Arrow Race-Tech Dark 71841AON with cat eliminator?
Have almost the same prices, but I don't know which one will hear better.. i don't want a loud pipe
post #349 of 359 Old 03-23-2017, 06:23 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ciocoiu View Post
What should I buy:
- Graves Motorsports Titanium Cat Eliminator Exhaust w/ Carbon Can
- M4 Kawasaki Tech 1 Carbon Slip On Exhaust w/Cat Eliminator
- Exhaust Muffler LeoVince FACTORY S S.Steel 14142S with cat eliminator
- Exhaust Muffler Arrow Race-Tech Dark 71841AON with cat eliminator?
Have almost the same prices, but I don't know which one will hear better.. i don't want a loud pipe
Brocks predator... produces good power, comes with a pcv map, not excessively load. I love mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
post #350 of 359 Old 03-23-2017, 06:27 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jeffery View Post
Brocks predator... produces good power, comes with a pcv map, not excessively load. I love mine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.