111Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 04:11 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Brock's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin33 View Post
I actually talked to Brock a week or 2 ago. No ETA on the 16 pipes yet. They didn't even have their test bike yet when I talked to him.
It's funny you should mention brock's. Because my bike is actually the test bike. It's been there since 12/30. But they issue is none of his suppliers have anything for him to even get started. I emailed him today and he said it would be upwards of a month before he even gets parts so he can his start to the whole process. So my guess will probably be around April before parts are available for consumption. But it will be worth it. He is top notch. Although he specializes in drag bikes his main focus is rideability and smoothness as well as power. Because power is useless if the throttle jerks you aLloyd over the place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 04:26 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jeffery View Post
It's funny you should mention brock's. Because my bike is actually the test bike. It's been there since 12/30. But they issue is none of his suppliers have anything for him to even get started. I emailed him today and he said it would be upwards of a month before he even gets parts so he can his start to the whole process. So my guess will probably be around April before parts are available for consumption. But it will be worth it. He is top notch. Although he specializes in drag bikes his main focus is rideability and smoothness as well as power. Because power is useless if the throttle jerks you aLloyd over the place.
Yea they don't even have my bike in yet at my dealer. And I'm gonna do the break-in with everything stock. One thing I've been curious about. How far does the alien head 2 stick out from the side of the bike. I've read that it causes some ground clearance issues when it comes to lean angle.
post #13 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 05:34 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

that i have no idea about since they haven't had a chance to do anything to it yet. I also am not sure if they are even fitting it with the alien head. i would say a good rough estimate would be the measurements from the 2015. Brock told me that they arent much different. but they are just different enough that he has to redo everything.

post #14 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 05:39 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
that i have no idea about since they haven't had a chance to do anything to it yet. I also am not sure if they are even fitting it with the alien head. i would say a good rough estimate would be the measurements from the 2015. Brock told me that they arent much different. but they are just different enough that he has to redo everything.
I haven't been able to get a good angle view on the 15 model. Does it stick out far enough to be an issue? Could you still get the bike down all the way?
post #15 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 05:49 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin33 View Post
I haven't been able to get a good angle view on the 15 model. Does it stick out far enough to be an issue? Could you still get the bike down all the way?
as much as i would like to say i knew the answer to that through experience, i don't. this is my first liter bike. my main experience over the last few years has been with supermotos. so this will be a whole new ball game for me. I have owned a ninja in the past but nothing on this scale. so this whole thing is like a new world to me.
post #16 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
as much as i would like to say i knew the answer to that through experience, i don't. this is my first liter bike. my main experience over the last few years has been with supermotos. so this will be a whole new ball game for me. I have owned a ninja in the past but nothing on this scale. so this whole thing is like a new world to me.
First liter bike and you're having Brock's add more HP to it before you've even ridden it? I'm sure you've heard this before, but be very gentle with that throttle and learn to use the brakes early. The scariest thing about the 2016 is how fast you're going before you realize it.

For an exhaust, I'm a fan of the Akro
Jollygreen likes this.

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount
post #17 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 08:15 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal11 View Post
First liter bike and you're having Brock's add more HP to it before you've even ridden it? I'm sure you've heard this before, but be very gentle with that throttle and learn to use the brakes early. The scariest thing about the 2016 is how fast you're going before you realize it.

I've heard akra is really quiet.
post #18 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 09:34 PM
vr6
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
vr6 the AR gp2 imo on my bike isnt over the top in the noise department!!I have the standard AR link pipe with 2 suppressors installed(some AR users remove)!the end can has 50mm internals (they come in diff dia internals)but theres more!!!At the end of there link pipe before the end can there is another decible reducer option!this comes in 35mm-60mm and is easily removed!confused?
The one I heard had no baffle at all so yes I'd leave the baffle in.

Not a fan of the shorty or beer can exhaust.

My akara is smooth at low rpm and screams up top.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1452828728290.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	696.5 KB
ID:	353282  
post #19 of 352 Old 01-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal11 View Post

i appreciate the the concern. I am no stranger to riding (8 years now) , or to sportbikes. so i believe my skills will be adequate to handle this thing in moderation. to be honest i am terrified of the bike (as i feel i should be). in this case, i believe fear demands respect, and people usually only get bit by their bike when they fail to respect for the machine it is. and I will certainly be taking my time getting used to it and will be working my way through the power modes and traction control settings before truely unleashing this thing.
Animal11 and th3r3ds0x like this.
post #20 of 352 Old 01-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Just open the throttle and get back to us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.