Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 5 CCT Service Bulletin

Gen 5: 2016-20 
3K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  SkyDork 
#1 ·
Can anyone who has had their 2016+ CCT (Cam Chain Tensioner) replaced via the service bulletin tell me what color the replacement CCT is?

#2 ·
I had mine replaced a week ago and it's just a cast piece of metal, with a black bolt head on top. Looks like it's maybe a replacement (I never saw the old one), vs an adjustable one like I thought it would be. What does yours look like?

#4 ·
Um, yeah. So, the cam chain tensioner isn't drastically different. From my understanding, the difference is internal with the spring force. There's no way to tell externally if it's the later version. The center bolt isn't a bolt at all. It's a cap.

#5 ·
So what your saying is, the replacement tensioner is an automatic, not a manual? I just want to know if my dealer used the part that kawasaki sent them or just grabbed some used one and slapped it on my bike. My tensioner looks kinda beat up, in addition to being black, where the oem was silver.

#8 ·
The tensioner from 2006-2010 are the same ones. The tensioner from 2011-2018 are the same ones, with the exception of the 2016 version. Still doesn't matter though, they are all non-return, automatic plunger type adjusters. The '16 was redesigned and they went back to the older ones to make it work a bit better since a few of them had problems taking up the slack.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.