Gen 5: 2016 -> Gen 5 for 2016 - Page 44 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 859Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #431 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:39 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Kit Parts!
badexample and dudewhrsmybike like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #432 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:39 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I really hope a non-abs is available, That's the route I'm gonna go when it's time. Anybody gonna wait though to see if there are any bugs? I don't personally think there are going to be many since it isn't a clean sheet design, more of a revised 4th Gen.
post #433 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:41 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
What are the engine specs?
More power.

Go back a page in this thread as I posted the specs already. Post #391
badexample likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Last edited by SkyDork; 10-08-2015 at 10:49 AM.

post #434 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr0065 View Post
According to the fine print on the Kawi website there is a non ABS also available. Just no info up yet.
Thank you. Now I feel a lot worse.
post #435 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:43 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jr0065
Quote:
Originally Posted by draconis123 View Post
Thank you. Now I feel a lot worse.
LOL sorry buddy, not my intention.

Gen 5 ZX-10R
post #436 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm also very happy they vastly improved the rear shock and added a brembo master. However the bike is about 11lbs heavier stock and is longer and wider.
ZX10RArcher likes this.
post #437 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:52 AM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdaypro View Post
I'm also very happy they vastly improved the rear shock and added a brembo master. However the bike is about 11lbs heavier stock and is longer and wider.
Where are you getting that from? The steering neck was moved 7.5mm closer to the rider for more weight over the front end. Engine is largely unchanged except for the internals. So any dimensional differences in the specs are in the bodywork. Likely that rear mudflap being extended out (making it seem longer on paper) or the endweights on the bars being longer (making it wider on paper). Don't read into those specs and assume that the bike has really grown in size.
moto4 and Turbodc2 like this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

Last edited by SkyDork; 10-08-2015 at 10:54 AM.
post #438 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I love the look, tail and windscreen. Visually it seems like a beefed up current zx636(which is the best looking kawi imo). Drooling over those forks too. Wish they changed the wheels a bit though.
post #439 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 10:59 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
The high-end calipers are new to the Kawi, and the all-new Showa gas charged forks are not on any bike at this point. With the addition of the quickshifter standard and the R1 price tag in the $16's, I think you'll see a much larger increase than you think.
Absolutely. This is an R1/S1000R/1299-beater in every way, it has better and newer technology in a proven package. That doesn't come cheaply.

What interests me most are the changes to the chassis. I've always felt it was hard to get my meagre weight over the front end; by contrast my late-model GSX-R 750 has a pretty much perfect setup for this, making directional changes very easy and providing excellent feedback. The Gen 4 is not exactly vague but one has to search a little harder for information.

Moving the steering head 7.5mm closer makes perfect sense, along with extending the swingarm. This bike is going to be a dream to ride; the brakes I am confident will be world-class (although the current Gen 4 brakes are excellent for most riders) and without a doubt the new suspension is going to set the bike in a class by itself.

The engine changes would suggest a more tractable and responsive bike across the board, more power everywhere, and the lighter moving parts mean it will be livelier.

Kawasaki has really cranked up the game here.

In the meanwhile, having just done my loop yesterday, I feel there is no reason to complain about the Gen 4, it's still a marvelous machine; just more of a touring bike now as compared to the Gen 5.

Sturm und Drang
post #440 of 1386 Old 10-08-2015, 11:02 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Where are you getting that from? The steering neck was moved 7.5mm closer to the rider for more weight over the front end. Engine is largely unchanged except for the internals. So any dimensional differences in the specs are in the bodywork. Likely that rear mudflap being extended out (making it seem longer on paper) or the endweights on the bars being longer (making it wider on paper). Don't read into those specs and assume that the bike has really grown in size.
Just doing the math it would seem the wheelbase might be increased. Subtract 7.5 mm but add 15.8 mm, and you get a bike that is longer by the difference. I suspect the bike is going to feel smaller and more compact and turn more quickly.

Sturm und Drang

Last edited by White Fang; 10-08-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.