Gen 5: 2016 -> Gen 5 for 2016 - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 859Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 1386 Old 07-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Not holding my breath I got suckered into the H2 hype only to find out limited numbers....this will probably be the same thing just enough to race FIM.

If they do come out though with a totally redesigned look I maybe interested though but that still doesn't mean squat.......I sat on the New R1 this weekend what eye sore it was in the front and on the gauges...to box y for me I actually prefer the look of my old Gen 1 over that don't care how much HP it has.

bloo

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1386 Old 07-20-2015, 09:23 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
Meh, I cannot afford a new bike for myself so doesn't make much difference to me either way. I'm just pleased to have the Gen4 I own. It does everything I need it to do for my job and just recreational riding as well. If I was racing I suppose it would be a different story, but even then having to learn a new bike and chassis set-up etc when you already know another bike like the back of your own hand can sometimes be more of a step back than a step forward.
You know it. I was clenching my teeth thinking I'd have to buy a new bike if my Gen 4 was totaled out. Rather have my Gen 4 30th the way I got it all set up. Takes a long time to get things just how you like.

Also new bike is bound to be much more racy, R1-like, less of an all-day machine and less comfy. Necessary to be at the cutting edge.

Kawi's doing well in WSB now, the Gen 5 will give it a chance to continue to be in the top tier.

However I won't rush right out and get one.
BrandonZX10R likes this.
post #33 of 1386 Old 07-20-2015, 09:57 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

The Gen 5 will be an updated version of the current Gen. New geometry, tach, updated electronics, gearing, swingarm, cosmetic. It was announced by a French Kawasaki engineer in a French magazine.. I need to find a link somewhere. Just don't expect a brand new bike. Kawasaki have too much success right now with the GEN 4 in racing world wide. Also power was the first thing mentioned , a lot of more.

WSBK link.

WorldSBK

“Ride like you are invisible.”

post #34 of 1386 Old 07-20-2015, 10:11 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

^ you've hit the nail on the head for improvements to a gen4; geometry issues with that understear, gearing is way too tall, and I think most of us have disliked the tach display (other than I do like how it switches over to track mode)

Yoshimura ... DynoJet PCV ... ECUleashed flash ... BMC race airfilter ... DynoTuned ... K-Tech 20DDS Fork/Cartridges ... K-Tech 35DDS Rear Shock ... Rear Linkage kit ... Brembo T-Drive rotors ... Accossato Master Cylinder ... Vesrah pads ...
post #35 of 1386 Old 07-20-2015, 10:34 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I heard that they're adding a flux capacitor and limiting it to 87 mph :)

1990 CR 125 - blow'd up
2005 SV1000s - sold
2012 ZX-10R - sold
1987 YZF600 Track-only death machine
post #36 of 1386 Old 07-20-2015, 10:40 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacp_daddy View Post
I am hoping for a complete RE-Design....so what does that mean?....It means a Change like from the 1st Gen 10R to the 4th Gen there are so many differences between the 2 bikes....the rest in-between are just good upgrades for this and that.......but it's 2016 the competion is getting better for track not so much in looks though or street riding FUN....we NEED WIDOW MAKER #2.

bloo
trackaddict likes this.

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #37 of 1386 Old 07-20-2015, 11:13 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacp_daddy View Post
Those engineers at Kawi sure are a bunch of teases...
post #38 of 1386 Old 07-20-2015, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp12 View Post
Skyes said he was working on it, like in 2014. this is not news...
It takes years to develop a new bike he was probly working on it in 13 what's your point?

More cowbell
post #39 of 1386 Old 07-21-2015, 12:58 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
The Gen 5 will be an updated version of the current Gen. New geometry, tach, updated electronics, gearing, swingarm, cosmetic. It was announced by a French Kawasaki engineer in a French magazine.. I need to find a link somewhere. Just don't expect a brand new bike. Kawasaki have too much success right now with the GEN 4 in racing world wide. Also power was the first thing mentioned , a lot of more.
That sounds real good. That frame and powerplant are excellent.

More enticing that way, it's familiar but with all the good changes we would want, I expect.
post #40 of 1386 Old 07-21-2015, 05:29 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Like I said in the other thread about the Gen 5, I doubt it will be a ground up re-design. They already have a platform that is super competive so no need to change it at the moment. I think they will make changes similar to the BMW. They will probably revise the cylinder head for more power/torque, probably tweak the exhaust for the same. Expand the traction control system with more levels of intervention, maybe more sensors for slide and wheelie controls, they will probably outfit it with upgraded abs, maybe the "cornering" abs like on the ducati with user adjustable setting and an off position. A quick shifter is all but guaranteed. Some geometry tweaks will probably happen, and maybe a bit of an update to the Guage cluster. That's about what I see happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.