Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Gen 3: Termignoni exhaust compatibility 2010 for 2008

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  LDH 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am a new owner of a 2008 Gen 3 zx-10r. Having the stock exhaust, you can imagine I am very keen in replacing it :)

I would like to use a Termignoni slip-on (K067080TVT) with a "non catalyzed mid pipe" (K069CF00T).

My questions are:

The above parts are listed for zx-10r between years 2010-2012. Can you help me highlight the differences between my model (2008) and the earliest listed model (2010)? I know that my model has the cats inside the headers, so I'm not sure if the Termi set-up can fit; is it the same for 2010? Or maybe the mid pipe from termi is not a cat remover, but rather a premuffler remover?

I know there are other exhausts out there, but I would really love to hear the termi sound once again (I had one before).

#2 · (Edited)
Unfortunately that system is for a Gen 4.
I'm not 100%,but I doubt it would fit.
I've also been searching for a Termi for my Gen 3 for a while,but they didn't make a full system for the Gen 3 (I believe).
Best bet would be to get a link pipe and then get a slip-on to suit or adapt one to fit the link pipe.
The stock headers are excellent from the factory and not much gains are to be made by buying aftermarket.A small weight saving and a very small hp increase only.

De-cat your headers.There is a range of link pipess available.Akropovic,Area P Leo Vince are a few that come to mind that have varying size outlets.

#3 ·
Well, I don't want to replace the stock headers, maybe I wasn't clear the first time... What I want to replace is the final muffler and the intermediate boom-box.

I would like to keep the stock headers (and that would mean including the cats) in place. What I don't know is what differences are between 2010 and 2008 regarding the cats and link pipes compatibility.

As a side question: is 2010 a gen 4 or a gen 3? Because exhaust-wise, termi treats it differently...

#4 ·
There is no difference between the 2010 and 2008/2009 models in terms of mechanics. There are a few body differences, but the motor, frame, suspension, and everything else is identical. The 2010 is considered a Gen 3 (really, a Gen 3.1 because of the minor cosmetic changes. ;)

The pipe will likely not work for you without some tweaking. The head pipe between the G4 and G3 is slightly different. It's not really the pipe diameter or the length. The G3 header is flipped up at the very end where it mounts to the pre-muffler. The G4 is straight out. This will likely cause the can and mid-pipe to not line up properly. If you got the mid-pipe re-bent, it would probably work. It's about a 10-15 degree difference in the angles. If you're looking for something that will bolt on, it will not work for you.

#5 ·
Thanks a lot man!

The exhaust that I want is listed as compatible for 2010->2012 zx-10Rs.

So then if 08/09 is identical to 10, then it should be compatible with my bike too. But the fact that it is compatible also with 11/12 models leads me to believe the contrary...

I'll study the option to purchase only the s/o can from termi and have the mid pipe crafted for me. It would not be titanium, but I don't care that much to be honest...

#6 ·
2008/9/10 are all the same as skydork pointed out..Email them about the exhaust cause most likely its a typo..

If you change your mind,i have a full nassert beet exhaust..$1200 usd plus shipping.

#7 ·
You guys ever take a really good look at Termi systems? You end up paying exorbitant amounts of money for some craptastic exhaust that looks like it was slagged together by some stoner in high school shop class :crackup: I've literally seen slag burns on $4000 Ducati full systems in places where there are no welds at all.

Even their good welds pale in comparison to any of the really high quality exhausts out of Japan like Hamaguchi or the now defunct Sato exhausts let alone the industry standard like Akra... All of which can usually be had for less money.

Sato Welds on the left versus Termi welds on the right

I know when I spend my hard earned dollars I expect it to look like I spent those hard earned dollars! :wink2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.