Gen 2: 2006-2007 Gen 2 Appreciation Page - Page 6 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 438 Old 12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Nice.

05 ZX-10R. Lime Green. Akra Slip-on. Galfer Lines. Radial master. Attack carbon fender. 520 conversion -1 front sprocket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 438 Old 12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
BigCat for Prez!

Posting Frequency

I've been stopped twice, and got a ticket once. The cop that wrote me was one of my fraternity brothers...i was fuckin pissed, he was bein a bitch that day. The other was a state trooper and I told him it was so ppl would double take before killing me. He was on a bike so he let me go, and suggested I change em. I told him no and he said ok and left. They dont seem that green in my pics, but if u see them in person, theyre the same shade of green as a green traffic light, just alot brighter, theyre HIDs too. I'll post a front light pic in a sec after I switch to my laptop

EDIT: heres 3
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hjgcf.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	155423   Click image for larger version

Name:	khvlh.jpg
Views:	1061
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	155424   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000046.jpg
Views:	1055
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	155425  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
in reference to the man card issue, let me clarify it for everyone, " If a man builds a 1000 bridges and sucks one cock, that doesnt make him a bridge builder, it makes him a cock sucker..."
My bike is the fattest and slowest of all the G2s

Last edited by BigCat10R; 12-04-2011 at 08:15 PM.
post #53 of 438 Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Nice bikes everyone!!!

post #54 of 438 Old 12-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Feeling the love.

Great to see the gp werkes pipe making a good showing, just ordered mine looking forward to getting it and fitting it.
post #55 of 438 Old 12-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolen time View Post
Here's mine: Just got done with the swing arm and fork swap.

very trick looking bike, dude. i've got a gen3 arm and comp werkes gp can waitin to go on my 06 over the winter. love the way you mounted the brake res on the rear. rep sent.

btw, what all was needed for the bpf fork swap? been considering that one myself.......which forks did ya use?

there are few problems in life that the proper application of throttle will not fix.:deathmeta

Last edited by TinMan_38; 12-05-2011 at 05:05 PM.
post #56 of 438 Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_Nashville View Post
Thanks, appreciate the kind words! I do like how it looks now, but I've always liked stuff white out...
My snowboard gear was usually white, I have an all white tux for special occasions, I like the naval officer uniforms cuz they're all white, and one of my favorite cars was when I was younger, a white Acura Integra with white wheels...
But...I love the green kawi wheels that came on the 08 6R, and I'd definitely be open to a white bike with green accents and green wheels, or black and green....I just don't know, so many dang choices! By the way, love your green on your bike!!!
well here's something to help with your indecision..........
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	033.jpg
Views:	1040
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	155444   Click image for larger version

Name:	036.jpg
Views:	1028
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	155445  

there are few problems in life that the proper application of throttle will not fix.:deathmeta
post #57 of 438 Old 12-05-2011, 06:26 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan_38 View Post
very trick looking bike, dude. i've got a gen3 arm and comp werkes gp can waitin to go on my 06 over the winter. love the way you mounted the brake res on the rear. rep sent.

btw, what all was needed for the bpf fork swap? been considering that one myself.......which forks did ya use?
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72962&page=61 - according to this link he added a swingarm from an 09, Rear shock from an 09 Zx6r, BPF forks from an 09 Zx6r. I myself is debating to add the fork swap to my list.

Last edited by MUSHU; 12-05-2011 at 06:28 PM.
post #58 of 438 Old 12-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan_38 View Post

Thanks for the rep

I got the idea from cgifly2 on the zxforum. The swap is fairly straight forward.
If you decide to do it let me know and I can help with a few of the decisions that you will have to make. The only real issue is that the stem on the 09 ZX6r is longer. You have to press out both stems and substitute the 10 stem to the 6 triple trees The only issue is that the 10 stem is just a couple thou smaller. I used an anerobic adhesive when I pressed the 10 stem on. Swap the ignition switch, use the 09 6r axle. The wheels both use the same bearings. I am 165 lbs and the springs on both the rear shock and the forks seem to be just right. I may have to revalve a little as the compression damping is all the way out. ( you guys will love these mods) they are easy, cheap and very effective. I no longer Jones for a gen 4.
post #59 of 438 Old 12-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Gen2 Ripper

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanstreak5 View Post
I dont have many good pics on my new laptop so here's one from the track. A question for all 2nd gen owners that have went to a single side exhaust, did u loose any power by doing it?
I uesed a different tuner/dyno from when I had dual undertails and tuned to single low mount and tuned. My second tune with the comp werkes read much higher but there is SO much of a difference in each dyno reading that I can't say how big of a jump it made. I know that my low and mid range picked up ALOT and I can definately feel it as well as dyno showing(different dyno though) it made more.
I have yet to hear one person on here that went to the comp werkes say they were disappointed with the power it makes. If you don't want a custom tune cause of the $, use the Two Brothers single VALE map off of dyno Jets website. It is really close especially if you are catless with the Comp Werkes pipe.

07-ZX10R-SOLD
, 1/5th insert, -1/+5,comp werkes decatted,PC3+multi-hub,piperX,30 dry shot,2custom maps,Ballistic EVO2,Pazzo shorties,SATO rearsets,HealTech,ZG Corsa,EBC XC Gen3 rotors,Vesrah pads, SS lines, Gen3 calipers, etc and stretched 8" so it won't flip
05-ZRX1200R-sold
04-KX500-sold
1975 RD350-garage queen
post #60 of 438 Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolen time View Post
Thanks for the rep

I got the idea from cgifly2 on the zxforum. The swap is fairly straight forward.
If you decide to do it let me know and I can help with a few of the decisions that you will have to make. The only real issue is that the stem on the 09 ZX6r is longer. You have to press out both stems and substitute the 10 stem to the 6 triple trees The only issue is that the 10 stem is just a couple thou smaller. I used an anerobic adhesive when I pressed the 10 stem on. Swap the ignition switch, use the 09 6r axle. The wheels both use the same bearings. I am 165 lbs and the springs on both the rear shock and the forks seem to be just right. I may have to revalve a little as the compression damping is all the way out. ( you guys will love these mods) they are easy, cheap and very effective. I no longer Jones for a gen 4.
This is a very tricky mod.
I even thought of doing it myself, a couple months ago a guy was selling the whole front end of a 4th gen, and i mean whole... forks, trees, axle, mc, brake caliper, lines.. the whole deal... Im glad the 6r worked too.

Now i think depending how much you will spend on forks/trees/axle you might be better off buying some cartridges for the stock forks, which are better than the bpf.

(not trying to say anything bad about the bpf, i really like those forks and i think it is a pretty cool mod)

"The ZX-10R is capable of being perfectly docile and tractable, but few men are capable of resisting its ever-present voice urging them to just twist it and see what happens."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in