Full Carbon 08 ZX10R - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 303 Old 11-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboye View Post
Both Dyno's that my bike were put on were exactly the same model, and no work had been done to the bike between runs on both Dyno's, the run on the second Dyno (not strapped down) was done (for free) because the owner of that Dyno did not believe the figures from the original runs on the Dyno where the work was done, the runs on the second Dyno was only a power run.

Additionally, as for the difference in readings between Dyno's the figures speak for themselves, apparently it is fairly common that this method is used by some operators to manipulate figures. Not my words but the words of the guy who owned the second Dyno.
I still highly, highly doubt you got 13whp from being strapped down. Some dyno operators run the roller at different resistances for more "real world" readings which can affect the output that much but from straps I doubt it. When my motor was fresh it put down 195whp, in the video below with a differently setup dyno that even the operator himself says reads low it put down 177whp (still the highest number the operator has ever seen from a Japanese bike, S1000RR still wins). This particular dyno had the roller setup for street resistance PLUS a 200lb rider, and then the operator sat on it as well.

I'd have to see it to believe it in regards to the strapping argument. When your next tuning is done, shoot video of the bike running back to back strapped and unstrapped. Let's see the difference!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 303 Old 11-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrotchRocketeer View Post
I still highly, highly doubt you got 13whp from being strapped down. Some dyno operators run the roller at different resistances for more "real world" readings which can affect the output that much but from straps I doubt it. When my motor was fresh it put down 195whp, in the video below with a differently setup dyno that even the operator himself says reads low it put down 177whp (still the highest number the operator has ever seen from a Japanese bike, S1000RR still wins). This particular dyno had the roller setup for street resistance PLUS a 200lb rider, and then the operator sat on it as well.

I'd have to see it to believe it in regards to the strapping argument. When your next tuning is done, shoot video of the bike running back to back strapped and unstrapped. Let's see the difference!

Hiya mate

As it happens, when my bike was first setup and run that's when it showed the 184whp figure, so technically I lost 13 whp not gained. But actually I agree with you. I myself doubt that I lost that much purely by the process of strapping down, as per one of your previous post's other things need to be taken into consideration not to mention that they were two different Dyno's so allowances would need to considered there as well, additionally the bike was run at different times of the year 1st was around Feb (cold) the 2nd was done around Aug (a lot warmer) but in spite of this, I do believe that the larger portion of the difference is down to the strapping down process in this instance.
I would like to add that I am not the slightest bit bothered by the apparent loss of power (on paper) in the second reading as it makes absolutely no difference to the way the bike actually feels on the road, my only interest is in the before and after reading on the same Dyno on the same day.

Next time the bike has changes to be made, I will take video of it, and operator willing will try both methods, (should be fun). I will be taking it back to the guy who did the original work though because I just prefer the way he goes about his work.
post #43 of 303 Old 12-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

wow.... Awesome.

post #44 of 303 Old 12-21-2010, 06:47 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

You need a set of bst carbon wheels to finish the look and improve proformance. I have a set for sale. Lol. Trust me it will make a big difference.
post #45 of 303 Old 12-21-2010, 05:11 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

nice now all need is carbon wheels!!!
post #46 of 303 Old 12-21-2010, 06:10 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg0987 View Post
Lightech, they saved my 6r a ton of hurt on my last trackday. generall they are cut on one side, left side on the 10r and 6r, it's a strong mounting point.
I am so glad you got that 6r to throw around on the track, I would have been sed to see the CF 10 go down.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #47 of 303 Old 12-22-2010, 01:03 AM Thread Starter
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

the 6r is great. As long as it runs and goes straight I don't really care what it looks like. And if someone ever says some dumb shit then I bring super bling but it wont be ready to ride till february, weather and more parts.

post #48 of 303 Old 12-22-2010, 05:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg0987 View Post
the 6r is great. As long as it runs and goes straight I don't really care what it looks like. And if someone ever says some dumb shit then I bring super bling but it wont be ready to ride till february, weather and more parts.
Getting the suspension sorted ehh? I am about to get into the same thing here as well, I already have the Ohlins shock and am working on the cartridges...hopefully Christmas unless I just decide I have to have that Saiga first heh. Good stuff

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #49 of 303 Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

Bike should be finished next week with the new stuff. Getting very excited to see/ride the shit out of it. The forks are being changed and the stockers have a leak. I know there's tons of reasons or whatever to cause fork seal leaks but my bike does pull to the right so the only thing that makes sense to cause a problem is wrong wheel spacers or something. The bike is going to have ohlins rt fork, are these going to have the same problem or do I need new spacers or something.

post #50 of 303 Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

More photos of the bike on Oppracing http://www.oppracing.com/gallery/vie...&image_id=1757

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in