Gen 5: 2016 -> fuel cut - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 Old 11-23-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 86
Posting Frequency
 
fuel cut

Is it just me that feels like getting fuel cut disabled is taking too long? I'm ready to buy woolich package but I had rather wait until disabling fuel cuts is ready.
cwrzx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 77 Old 11-23-2016, 03:57 PM
Track Day Rider
 
Doppler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 121
Posting Frequency
 
Garage
Wow I'm surprised its not available yet. Pretty sure if you buy it now you will get the fuel cut delete option when its available as part of software updates. No need to deny yourself the rest of the package, lol.

Whenever I go into my Woolich Software on the laptop it always starts with something like 'checking for BIN file updates'. I would think any changes to that model bike BIN file you own you would get. I'm sure Archer will be along shortly to confirm or deny.
Fantastic likes this.

-Woolich/Race Tools/Log Box V3|-Graves Titanium/Carbon cat eliminator|-Ohlins Mechatronic
Doppler is offline  
post #3 of 77 Old 11-24-2016, 02:36 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 10
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwrzx View Post
Is it just me that feels like getting fuel cut disabled is taking too long? I'm ready to buy woolich package but I had rather wait until disabling fuel cuts is ready.
First post for me... but felt compelled as Im in the same boat. Bought a new gen5 about three weeks ago and have been waiting for woolich to capture this. Beyond the direct benefits, it also seems many on here are struggling to get tunes correct at low revs due to fuel cut suggesting higher afr's than necessary.

On a side note, I'm finding the on/off throttle sensitivity to be a mind screw. Forget going into corners without feathering the throttle... it needs a lot of precision coming back on the gas from lower revs to keep it smooth.
buswedg is offline  
 
post #4 of 77 Old 11-25-2016, 01:30 PM
The Pace
 
scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: watsonville, ca
Posts: 6,317
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by buswedg View Post
First post for me... but felt compelled as Im in the same boat. Bought a new gen5 about three weeks ago and have been waiting for woolich to capture this. Beyond the direct benefits, it also seems many on here are struggling to get tunes correct at low revs due to fuel cut suggesting higher afr's than necessary.

On a side note, I'm finding the on/off throttle sensitivity to be a mind screw. Forget going into corners without feathering the throttle... it needs a lot of precision coming back on the gas from lower revs to keep it smooth.
omg, my stupid '07 FZ1 had this problem oem. Ivan had a solution but it ate fuel. No reason whatsoever to flash this bike. The evidence is how fast tires are wasted on oem configuration. Oem rips apart every situation on road or track; end of story.
scout is offline  
post #5 of 77 Old 11-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Track Day Rider
 
scotman623's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 182
Posting Frequency
 
Fuel cut needs to be disabled to run consistent laps on track, on off throttle even with tune is a PITA.
Fantastic likes this.

The track is my HAPPY PLACE!
scotman623 is offline  
post #6 of 77 Old 11-26-2016, 12:02 AM
Squid
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 10
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
omg, my stupid '07 FZ1 had this problem oem. Ivan had a solution but it ate fuel. No reason whatsoever to flash this bike. The evidence is how fast tires are wasted on oem configuration. Oem rips apart every situation on road or track; end of story.

I hear what you are saying... Don't get me wrong, there isn't anything wrong with the top end of this bike... It's absolutely insane. Though, I am on a euro spec. But I do feel like there are benefits to a decat and flash. Namely the snappy throttle and weak mid. The throttle in particular is making me spend more brain cells than I would like on corner exit.

As far as tires go. I agree. Got a new rear put on yesterday after 2000 kms of street riding. Absolutely cooked.

And not to sidetrack the thread too much, and I'll probably cop some crap for this.. but I'm not overly fond of the brakes. The power is there, but I don't get the greatest feel from them. Might be a pad issue. But those front forks... Ohhh boy, absolutely brilliant.
buswedg is offline  
post #7 of 77 Old 11-26-2016, 08:19 AM
Street Rider
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 72
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by buswedg View Post
First post for me... but felt compelled as Im in the same boat. Bought a new gen5 about three weeks ago and have been waiting for woolich to capture this. Beyond the direct benefits, it also seems many on here are struggling to get tunes correct at low revs due to fuel cut suggesting higher afr's than necessary.

On a side note, I'm finding the on/off throttle sensitivity to be a mind screw. Forget going into corners without feathering the throttle... it needs a lot of precision coming back on the gas from lower revs to keep it smooth.
I had the same issues. Finally listen to a friend who tunes for a factory team. He told me to purchase the FTECU flash kit and load the Graves map. PROBLEM SOLVED now this bike is amazing !!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
scout likes this.
bbsteinnewyork is offline  
post #8 of 77 Old 11-26-2016, 08:53 AM
Squid
 
Fantastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 45
Posting Frequency
 
Having experienced what a really bad throttle cut feels like with the 2009 FZ1 I already have experience on how to enter a corner with this so I honestly don't think it is that bad. The first time it happened entering my favorite track's turn 1 at 95 did catch me off guard though lol, needless to say I went a little wide that time.
scout likes this.
Fantastic is offline  
post #9 of 77 Old 11-26-2016, 05:10 PM
The Pace
 
scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: watsonville, ca
Posts: 6,317
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantastic View Post
Having experienced what a really bad throttle cut feels like with the 2009 FZ1 I already have experience on how to enter a corner with this so I honestly don't think it is that bad. The first time it happened entering my favorite track's turn 1 at 95 did catch me off guard though lol, needless to say I went a little wide that time.
You got it. That stupid FZ1 taught me so much; at first 'cause I had to ride the mistake that I bought then try to ride it with actually doing a bunch of mods that kinda worked. BUT when I bought the FZ1 (thought I was going to commute to work on it) knew right away that I made a mistake so bought the 07 r1, same year as the FZ1 and rode both of them past 100,000 miles. Never had a mechanical problem with either but r1 front hated to stay on the ground while the fz1 cut off, while improved with Ivan's gizmo, taught me about finesse throttle work in tight stuff. Valuable lesson for me as I'm slow unless I have some instructor yelling in my face.
Fantastic likes this.
scout is offline  
post #10 of 77 Old 11-26-2016, 05:13 PM
The Pace
 
scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: watsonville, ca
Posts: 6,317
Posting Frequency
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsteinnewyork View Post
I had the same issues. Finally listen to a friend who tunes for a factory team. He told me to purchase the FTECU flash kit and load the Graves map. PROBLEM SOLVED now this bike is amazing !!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
graves, like motomummy, do a ton of leg work for me.
bbsteinnewyork likes this.
scout is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome