Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Frame Sliders: Vortex vs. Yoshimura

Gen 4: 2011-15 
3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  cmbnyc 
#1 ·
I'm planning on picking up a brand new, leftover 2014 ZX10R next week and wanted to make sure I had some kind of frame slider protection on it before I do the 2 hour ride back to my home from the dealership. The only frame sliders the dealer sells/installs is the Vortex and Yoshimura brands.

Down the road I may buy some better sliders, but for now I'll just buy the ones the dealer has for peace of mind.

Interested in member feedback on which one I should go with: Vortex or Yoshimura?

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
Dude, for real.... You can make it home on 2 wheels on your first ride safe & sound. Are you really going to be pushing the limits of your new bike in the first 2 hours of ownership to where you would risk a crash and need frame sliders? And if you do need them you have way more problems to worry about than what little protection a pair of frame sliders is going to give your brand new bike...

No sense in getting ripped off by paying exorbitant dealer prices and labor on a product you don't even want. Ride it home and install whatever brand you really want....

#4 ·
Good point about not getting ripped off and about riding it home. I'm not really worried about crashing it as I'll be going nice and easy per the break-in recommendations and this is my 2nd litre superbike. The main concern was if fate had other plans and the bike did go down. The stealership does want to charge an arm and a leg to install.

#6 ·
GB racing's great stuff. Although I have only used there case savers in the past. BTW, how hard do you think it is to bolt these products on, irrespective of the brand? Here is some insider information: About 15-20 minutes. Can you at least change your own oil lol?

#7 · (Edited)
I would go with Woodcraft... easy to install and pucks are very easily changeable when they get damaged. Just stay away from the anodized ones by woodcraft as they faded really fast. I have the gp case savers with woodcraft sliders on my 2013 zx10r :thumbsup:

Attachments

#9 ·
Thanks obijack, belkins and mpp12 for the additional feedback.

For the time being I ended up ordering a set of Shogun no cut frame sliders from revzilla for like $35. Going to see if I can install them myself in the dealer's parking lot with some tools borrowed from a friend. My only concern is getting the correct torque spec when tightening up the bolts. I guess I'll have to check the owner's manual and see if I can find it. Also hope I can install them using just the kickstand.

Really excited to finally be able to pick up the bike later this week. Went up last week to the dealer and paid the balance and got the paperwork to get it registered at the DMV in my state.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.