Finding the truth weight of 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 31Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 06:08 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Most of the stock parts I removed have been sold just as 9r to 10r. I was at 420 on a truck scale so that has a 20 pound variance. Im thinking maybe a little less than that as it sits now. I have read alot of different weights on a previous thread, I wonder how emissions control in different areas effects weight(i.e. is the Cal. or european model heavier)?
ShervinRRR likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 09:52 AM
Squid wannabe

Posting Frequency

Idk how accurate the scale was.

They usually weight cars at that scale.
It goes by 5 pounds
Showed 415 in the kawi
430 for my friends 99 r1
and 450 for my 02 954

All in the same day
ShervinRRR likes this.
post #23 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShervinRRR View Post
mastard! the idea that you have i am doing since long time ago. My thread is clear. I have no interest to read your made stories in your head they are interesting for you, not for me. you are talking about manufactory. Do you even know what manufactory is?!!
Bottom line, I want numbers, What i post on my thread was for the people who have a 2005 ZX-10R and are able to put it back in orginal shape. Therefore when you don't have a 05 zx10 you are not in the category.
did you know that manufactory is not even a word? lol

this thread is better than Comedy Central Presents

post #24 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

look at who originated the thread though. did you expect any more from it? i believe all he does is start these to get a rise out of people, and every one just keeps on feeding it...
post #25 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 05:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Here are pictures I took when I weighed my 05 zx10r Race bike.

Picture of the bike

Now obviously not stock, but in supersport trim, so not exactly a huge difference.
post #26 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
All show and all go 10r

Posting Frequency

that must be a blast to ride
ShervinRRR likes this.

post #27 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ShervinRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Most of the stock parts I removed have been sold just as 9r to 10r. I was at 420 on a truck scale so that has a 20 pound variance. Im thinking maybe a little less than that as it sits now. I have read alot of different weights on a previous thread, I wonder how emissions control in different areas effects weight(i.e. is the Cal. or european model heavier)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa View Post
Idk how accurate the scale was.

They usually weight cars at that scale.
It goes by 5 pounds
Showed 415 in the kawi
430 for my friends 99 r1
and 450 for my 02 954

All in the same day
rafa and or10r!
First, I thank you both for your posts!
20lbs variance is high and 5lbs variance is not great but workable. If your bike curb weight with 4.5 gallons of gas = 17.01 liters is 415lbs or 420lbs that is light. It is not very light but it is a light bike. It deserve a "Good Job!" comment so if you got there Good Job!

If anyone (other than Kawasaki ) reduce the weight to 300lbs or below -just like Kawasaki did for race version-, that is a talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman69 View Post

Picture of the bike

Now obviously not stock, but in supersport trim, so not exactly a huge difference.
Fireman69, What a beautiful bike you got... (!) Is your bike a salvage bike with a broken frame that you rebuilt or a clean bike that you salvaged it and rebuilt or ...?
Fireman 69! Your weight numbers are NOT Genuine weight bike, are NOT actual weight of that bike, do NOT represent your bike weight, and I believe it was a scam joke by you!
Here is why:
you took pictures of your bike on 2 scales while your bike was standing secure by a rear motorcycle stand accessory and you took picture while the rear stand was NOT on the scale. With my Own Belief, opinion, and experience I believe Your post was a scam (or joke) in this case. Why??! Because since you are a tough sharp deep intelligent experienced adult who travels city to city to race on different tracks on weekly or at least monthly basis and closely care about your load limit weight (with trailer), Your load weight (just the load), and your mpg -with your bikes on back of your trailer hauled by your truck-(all according to your past posts), you can not tell me that have no idea of how much your bike weights or why your bike weight 410 at track now shows 350.5 -even with gas tank almost empty and all fluids present which means battery on the bike- .
What I am saying is, it was not a mistake; You already knew your bike weight and you just wanted to mess with me -or others- or joke with me -or others-. There is nothing wrong with jokes; Say it so we all laugh together. The whole time I was asking you how did you secure the bike from not falling when you put both wheels on scale and of course you did not respond... I look at your pictures and numbers and i knew there were off but could not prove it. I looked at your pictures again and again and i knew there was something up. It took me 5 years and i am very happy i got it. What I do not appreciate and you drop from my eye from now is that so many members tried to correct me in defend of genuinity of your post and you did not say a word. Perhaps you were laughing at me or them; Well, not any more.
Others and even engineers saw your post and didn't see the problem with your numbers, even though the problem was right in front of them... I am not mad at them because I didn't expect from others in first place plus the whole time they just truly thought that I am wrong and they tried to show me what they believed was right with their best of knowledge and I respect those posts and members who attempted to correct me a lot and by all means even though at the end they were not correct exactly.

Fireman69! I remember somewhere, you mentioned to someone: "Then I am lying then??"; I need to tell you that "Yes, You ARE lying." or most politely your post was not genuine in purpose!

I also want to use this opportunity to mention to all firefighters and lifeguards -including pilots and transporters (men and women)- in ANY Country that God bless your souls and your loved ones and protect you and them and Fireman69 since you are not a fireman, this does not relate to you.

Every statement is my opinion and I might be wrong or not but I give my opinion based on facts, evidences, and measurements and I stick with it until Proven otherwise.

Respects to All GENUINE Spirits
Shervin Asemani

Last edited by ShervinRRR; 01-02-2016 at 12:57 AM.
post #28 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 07:35 PM
La Flama Blanca

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman69 View Post

Picture of the bike

Damn, that bitch is light, does that say 181 or 187? Either way 350.5 or 357.5, thats damn light.

I gotta weight my bikes in street form now. I gotta know what hey weigh.

"Now, I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Last edited by 9R to 10R; 01-30-2010 at 11:17 PM. Reason: added the .5 cause I know ShervinRR thinks the .5 makes a big fucking difference
post #29 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 08:16 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to caboose
I want to weigh my bike now!
ShervinRRR likes this.

2010 10R Superbike
post #30 of 197 Old 01-30-2010, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to ShervinRRR
Quote:
Originally Posted by caboose View Post
I want to weigh my bike now!
Great.

Last edited by ShervinRRR; 11-30-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in