Gen 5: 2016 -> The Dyno Results Are In - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 Old 05-10-2018, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
The Dyno Results Are In

I hope you all enjoy this superior, 1of1, 200hp+, don guhl reputation wrecking map that the Ducati dealer seriously, yes I'm dead serious, put on my PCV today...
You know I gave them a 2nd chance because they were kind enough to follow up with me and address my concerns that the service was taking too long but damn...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ducati Detroit Map 5-10-2018.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	416442  

When in doubt... send it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 05-10-2018, 10:09 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
The fuck is that? There is no way in hell that's accurate

Is your bike flashed btw?

PM me your numbers.. I know what bikes on that dyno make I need to see your dyno graph.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R

Last edited by Victors; 05-10-2018 at 10:12 PM.
post #3 of 40 Old 05-10-2018, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I'll get you guys the actual curves soon. Curve shows a power gain... whoop-dee-do... but the power delivery is a nightmare. First gear is suicide if you're in traffic... no power until 6-7K when the bike practically bucks you off.

post #4 of 40 Old 05-10-2018, 10:17 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
I'll get you guys the actual curves soon. Curve shows a power gain... whoop-dee-do... but the power delivery is a nightmare. First gear is suicide if you're in traffic... no power until 6-7K when the bike practically bucks you off.
That's fairly normal for the gen4/5 though.. they dont make power down low. No tuning will fix that.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #5 of 40 Old 05-10-2018, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
That's fairly normal for the gen4/5 though.. they dont make power down low. No tuning will fix that.
What I mean is it got worse not better haha. A LOT worse. I'm not even joking you when I say I thought I had the clutch pulled in because the bike would not move, it crawled. I installed a PCV map switch when I got home to compare the 2 maps on the fly (new vs old) and the new map is just totally all over the place vs. the old. I wish you could ride it haha.

post #6 of 40 Old 05-11-2018, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
The fuck is that? There is no way in hell that's accurate

Is your bike flashed btw?

PM me your numbers.. I know what bikes on that dyno make I need to see your dyno graph.
Here's the charts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0374.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	590.5 KB
ID:	416450   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0375.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	416458   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0373.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	829.9 KB
ID:	416466  

post #7 of 40 Old 05-11-2018, 06:30 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

That's not over 200bhp, you were joking right?

Sounds to me like they messed up your map. You should not lose power anywhere, unless you specifically tell the tuner that's what you want. Did they ask you at all what kind of riding do you do, what kind of map you are looking for?

My tune is awesome, and I gained power throughout the entire rev range, including low. I know this only by seat dyno wish I had the money and patience to put the bike on an actual dyno.

If I were you, I would be pissed.
ddipaola likes this.
post #8 of 40 Old 05-11-2018, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post
That's not over 200bhp, you were joking right?

Sounds to me like they messed up your map. You should not lose power anywhere, unless you specifically tell the tuner that's what you want. Did they ask you at all what kind of riding do you do, what kind of map you are looking for?

My tune is awesome, and I gained power throughout the entire rev range, including low. I know this only by seat dyno wish I had the money and patience to put the bike on an actual dyno.

If I were you, I would be pissed.
Haha yes, I was totally kidding. And the fuel map is a joke honestly. I shouldn't be losing power anywhere but for some reason the bike is lazy at times. The old Graves map I was running had a very balanced map. I have a PCV map switch hooked up so I was able to test both on the fly while cruising. Yes, the new map has MORE power, but that power is like a black bear. It starts off asleep and then comes out of nowhere to bite you in the a**. And no they didn't ask me what kind of map I wanted. To be honest I didn't tell them either. But, the bike isn't even anywhere near its full 200+hp potential so what was their goal? Avg. power for dealership prices and a laughable low/mid range? Don't worry they know I'm pissed too. And they're trying to blow me off with a store credit... wtf.

post #9 of 40 Old 05-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

So wait, the 177 was with the "old Graves map" (thought that was a little high for stock), and with the new tune you're at 185.

Understanding that bhp varies from dyno to dyno, tuner to tuner, expectation of over 200bhp is pretty crazy IMO.

Your results is exactly why I went with a pre-made map (specifically for my exhaust & bike model year), and threw on an auto-tune for my f1-85 sprint filter (or any future filter I drop in). I did this because there are no reputable tuners in my area except for maybe one, but my bike would be sitting in the shop for like a week or more (just like you), and past experience tells me, the longer a shop has your bike, the more questions you have when you get it back.

I am guessing I am between 190-195 bhp based on manufacture dyno graph w/stock air filter (and woolich pub map indicated bhp). f1-85 sprint should add like 2 or 3 bhp???

Last edited by GearsNStuff; 05-12-2018 at 01:42 AM.
post #10 of 40 Old 05-12-2018, 02:59 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
That sub 40% area is part of closed loop. Are stock o2 sensor disabled? If not, the ecu will lean out the afr towards 14.7:1 while the dyno tech continues to add fuel towards ~13-14:1 (or whatever his goal is for cruise) and you can end up with something like this.

I`m just in for the ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in