7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 40 Old 05-14-2018, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post
Yes. You can see right through this filter. Their filtration claim seems a little (lot) far fetched, and I question that it is "waterproof". After purchasing, I lean to the side of I shoulda got the standard p08.

But hey, what exhaust do you have? Block off plates? Do you still have your stock O2 sensor installed?
1: Graves low mount exhaust. I might switch over to the high mount though because they told me it can add like 5HP to the midrange.

2: The O2 sensor is still in, but it's disabled. I will be replacing the stock sensor with an FT ECU active-tune unit though after this second round of tuning.

3: No block off plates. Not a fan personally.

I will let you know how I like the MWR filter. They're a little pricey over something like a P08, or BMC, but they're cheaper than the F1's/P16s. They're a sponge-type filter which I've never ran before so we'll see. Maintenance will obviously be more extensive than just blowing air at it haha.

When in doubt... send it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 40 Old 05-14-2018, 04:34 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
1: Graves low mount exhaust. I might switch over to the high mount though because they told me it can add like 5HP to the midrange.

2: The O2 sensor is still in, but it's disabled. I will be replacing the stock sensor with an FT ECU active-tune unit though after this second round of tuning.

3: No block off plates. Not a fan personally.

I will let you know how I like the MWR filter. They're a little pricey over something like a P08, or BMC, but they're cheaper than the F1's/P16s. They're a sponge-type filter which I've never ran before so we'll see. Maintenance will obviously be more extensive than just blowing air at it haha.
I have the low mount, I believe low mount shorty pipes boost midrange, and the longer high mounts boost top end.

Also, pretty sure your 02 is NOT disabled. FTECU software simply disables the error code from being thrown when the sensor is disconnected from the bike.

Furthermore, you have to disable AIS if you want to get accurate readings on the dyno or for that matter, active tune

I was looking forward to seeing your dyno since we are pretty close in setup, but now that I know you still have 02, and AIS, still interested, but not so much anymore, lol...
2K16/10r likes this.

Last edited by GearsNStuff; 05-14-2018 at 04:58 PM.
post #23 of 40 Old 05-14-2018, 04:58 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

post #24 of 40 Old 05-14-2018, 07:32 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I have the low mount, I believe low mount shorty pipes boost midrange, and the longer high mounts boost top end.

Also, pretty sure your 02 is NOT disabled. FTECU software simply disables the error code from being thrown when the sensor is disconnected from the bike.

Furthermore, you have to disable AIS if you want to get accurate readings on the dyno or for that matter, active tune

I was looking forward to seeing your dyno since we are pretty close in setup, but now that I know you still have 02, and AIS, still interested, but not so much anymore, lol...
His 02 doesnt effect wit 100%

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #25 of 40 Old 05-14-2018, 09:28 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
His 02 doesnt effect wit 100%
Wouldn't his stock 02 sensor mess up the graves map he has installed?

For that matter, how does he have his stock 02 sensor installed? His pipe only has a wideband bunge... So maybe he doesn't have it installed, lol???

Anyways, I am still looking forward to his dyno.
post #26 of 40 Old 05-15-2018, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:

For that matter, how does he have his stock 02 sensor installed? His pipe only has a wideband bunge... So maybe he doesn't have it installed, lol???

Ah gotcha. Would disabling the AIS via the FT software fix that issue or is will it work best combo'd with actual plates?
And I'll keep you guys updated with the results for sure. Hoping to have something by Friday/Saturday once some parts come in.
I've got some prototype velocity stacks in the works too so we'll see if that gets me an anticipated 1-2HP gain or if they'll be a bunch of hoopla like most.

Last edited by ddipaola; 05-15-2018 at 01:54 PM.
post #27 of 40 Old 05-15-2018, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:

There's an O2 sensor hooked up to the exhaust haha I have no idea if it's doing anything but it's in there, I did check .
I'm the second owner so the exhaust and FT unit was all previously installed. I learn new things everyday I guess lol.

post #28 of 40 Old 05-15-2018, 08:47 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Ah gotcha. Would disabling the AIS via the FT software fix that issue or is will it work best combo'd with actual plates?
And I'll keep you guys updated with the results for sure. Hoping to have something by Friday/Saturday once some parts come in.
I've got some prototype velocity stacks coming in too so we'll see if that gets me an anticipated 1-2HP gain or if they'll be a bunch of hoopla like most.
What stacks?

"There’s a moment when a rider needs to stop thinking about technology and just twist the throttle."-Pit Beirer, KTM Motor Sport Director
post #29 of 40 Old 05-15-2018, 08:57 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah what stacks 🤨

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]192MPH stock engined 2008
post #30 of 40 Old 05-15-2018, 10:56 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
I've got some prototype velocity stacks coming in too so we'll see if that gets me an anticipated 1-2HP gain or if they'll be a bunch of hoopla like most.
You can't disable AIS in software, it's a mechanical process. You either have to install block off plates, and/or disconnect the hose from the left underside of the airbox, and install a little rubber cap. Did you watch Brock's video in one of my previous posts above?

as far as your 02, I just checked my bike, and well I'm stupid (should be no suprise, lol). The stock 02 bunge is located on the header pipe, so you can leave it alone, and on the graves pipe there is a wideband bunge where I have my wide band 02 installed.

as far as whether or not to install block off plates, not installing will make the pipe backfire a lot on decel. Some say this is fine, others say it can harm your valves and stuff due to excessive heat. I chose to just go ahead and do the plates because A) The pipe already draws enough unwanted attention without all the backfiring and B) I'd rather be safer than sorry, as I would like to keep the bike for a good while, and I tend to romp on it a lot C) I figured that by not disabling AIS, my auto tune would not be accurate (same as when on a dyno with an aftermarket exhaust)

Oh and like everyone else ... what stacks?

Last edited by GearsNStuff; 05-15-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in