Gen 5: 2016 -> The Dyno Results Are In - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 40 Old 05-12-2018, 09:47 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsNStuff View Post

My tune is awesome, and I gained power throughout the entire rev range, including low. I know this only by seat dyno wish I had the money and patience to put the bike on an actual dyno.

If I were you, I would be pissed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 Old 05-12-2018, 04:30 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
Agreed

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #13 of 40 Old 05-12-2018, 10:05 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
Agreed
What!!??? LOL, I know that is a rolling eyes worthy remark, but it is what it is. My bike definitely feels stronger then when I was all stock.

If you don't have access to a reliable tuner whats a man supposed to do? I'm not about to travel 300 miles for a "chance" at getting a good tune (this thread confirms that even more). Very happy with the FTECU results I have.

post #14 of 40 Old 05-13-2018, 06:09 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
What!!??? LOL, I know that is a rolling eyes worthy remark, but it is what it is. My bike definitely feels stronger then when I was all stock.

If you don't have access to a reliable tuner whats a man supposed to do? I'm not about to travel 300 miles for a "chance" at getting a good tune (this thread confirms that even more). Very happy with the FTECU results I have.
Go to your local drag strip and datalog your runs, make small changes until acceleration rate stops increasing, racers been doing it for years way before dyno was invented and it still works.
post #15 of 40 Old 05-13-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
So wait, the 177 was with the "old Graves map" (thought that was a little high for stock), and with the new tune you're at 185.

Understanding that bhp varies from dyno to dyno, tuner to tuner, expectation of over 200bhp is pretty crazy IMO.

Your results is exactly why I went with a pre-made map (specifically for my exhaust & bike model year), and threw on an auto-tune for my f1-85 sprint filter (or any future filter I drop in). I did this because there are no reputable tuners in my area except for maybe one, but my bike would be sitting in the shop for like a week or more (just like you), and past experience tells me, the longer a shop has your bike, the more questions you have when you get it back.

I am guessing I am between 190-195 bhp based on manufacture dyno graph w/stock air filter (and woolich pub map indicated bhp). f1-85 sprint should add like 2 or 3 bhp???
Nice numbers. My bike will probably be in the same range by the end of the week with this new tuner I've got. He's thankfully dealt with the gen5's before and actually had something to show for it vs. "their word" like Ducati Detroit lol. And yes, DD's dyno reads pretty high. As much as 5HP high I've heard. I will confirm that when I get the stock graph back from the new guy.

Over-all pretty disappointing though with the piss-poor tuning. I don't know if that's how you tune a twin or a v4... but that's definitely a disrespectful fuel map to put on an i4 of such stature... bikes was back to running the Grave's map, and still is, within hours of leaving the dealer.

When in doubt... send it!
post #16 of 40 Old 05-13-2018, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
So wait, the 177 was with the "old Graves map" (thought that was a little high for stock), and with the new tune you're at 185.

Understanding that bhp varies from dyno to dyno, tuner to tuner, expectation of over 200bhp is pretty crazy IMO.

Your results is exactly why I went with a pre-made map (specifically for my exhaust & bike model year), and threw on an auto-tune for my f1-85 sprint filter (or any future filter I drop in). I did this because there are no reputable tuners in my area except for maybe one, but my bike would be sitting in the shop for like a week or more (just like you), and past experience tells me, the longer a shop has your bike, the more questions you have when you get it back.

I am guessing I am between 190-195 bhp based on manufacture dyno graph w/stock air filter (and woolich pub map indicated bhp). f1-85 sprint should add like 2 or 3 bhp???
How do you like that filter? It was between that or an MWR HE for me. I ended up going with the MWR because I couldn't find any info on the F1's other than the generic website stuff. I wasn't sure if it was considered a full-race filter or not either vs. the MWR HE, which the manufacturers confirmed only requires annual maintenance.

post #17 of 40 Old 05-13-2018, 05:33 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
How do you like that filter? It was between that or an MWR HE for me. I ended up going with the MWR because I couldn't find any info on the F1's other than the generic website stuff. I wasn't sure if it was considered a full-race filter or not either vs. the MWR HE, which the manufacturers confirmed only requires annual maintenance.
I'm kinda sketched out by it if I am to be honest. I'm going to check it on my next oil change to see how it and the filter housing looks (approx 1000 miles).

Last edited by GearsNStuff; 05-13-2018 at 05:35 PM.
post #18 of 40 Old 05-13-2018, 08:21 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercoupe9 View Post
Go to your local drag strip and datalog your runs, make small changes until acceleration rate stops increasing, racers been doing it for years way before dyno was invented and it still works.
Local drag strip is like 300 miles round trip, lol. Forget that.

I have an active tune on top of a flash. I don't think I can save my trims from the active tune logging because my flash is locked. Tried once, and it didn't pull up any data. Maybe did something wrong in the order that I did things, very possible.

I'm considering playing around with an unrestricted and unlocked map, and then street tune it. Pain in the ass for sure, but I think my current locked flash has more done to it then just fueling, and I have no idea how to properly tune, so I would just let the active tune get my fueling down to target AFR.

There is a chance I might go to a dyno, but I have so much other things I would rather spend money on.
post #19 of 40 Old 05-13-2018, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
I'm kinda sketched out by it if I am to be honest. I'm going to check it on my next oil change to see how it and the filter housing looks (approx 1000 miles).
Sketched out how?
Because of their claim that it has massive intake volume, like the P16, but with the same filtration as the std P08? Or...?

post #20 of 40 Old 05-13-2018, 10:36 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
Sketched out how?
Because of their claim that it has massive intake volume, like the P16, but with the same filtration as the std P08? Or...?
Yes. You can see right through this filter. Their filtration claim seems a little (lot) far fetched, and I question that it is "waterproof". After purchasing, I lean to the side of I shoulda got the standard p08.

But hey, what exhaust do you have? Block off plates? Do you still have your stock O2 sensor installed?
ddipaola likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in