Gen 4: 2011-2015 Dropping Power/Cylinder Issue with PC V - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 67 Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksonn View Post
I installed Guhl ECU flash and PC5 last week. I got first symptoms second day, no power, engine was "burping". Switched ignition off and back on. No issues for a week. Today at the morning, no power, engine sounded bad, "burping". During lunch break same thing, first worked well, then two times in a row one cylinder out and "burping".

Started to google.

FW was 1.8.5, now I updated FW to 1.9.2. I hope this will end this story. Will update.
It was working well one month after FW update. Even did one fast pace track day with it. No problems.

Having big issues now. I washed my bike this weekend and after that it has not run well. Immediately after wash I got Code 11 (Throttle sensor). I warmed up the engine and the Code did not appear again. Next day, same thing when I started the motor, Code 11. After 5min idling Code was gone.

After these two days I have not seen any Codes. Still my bike is not running well. This morning on my way to work, constant cut-offs, not just "burping" losing one cylinder, but I loose all power. Could drive like 40mph max. When gear is in neutral it revs fine.

Any ideas? I can try to downgrade to 1.6.10 today. I can open everything and check connections. Could water in the TPS connector cause this? Could loose gear position sensor/connection to PC5 (that one you need to splice) cause this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 67 Old 02-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksonn View Post
It was working well one month after FW update. Even did one fast pace track day with it. No problems.

Having big issues now. I washed my bike this weekend and after that it has not run well. Immediately after wash I got Code 11 (Throttle sensor). I warmed up the engine and the Code did not appear again. Next day, same thing when I started the motor, Code 11. After 5min idling Code was gone.

After these two days I have not seen any Codes. Still my bike is not running well. This morning on my way to work, constant cut-offs, not just "burping" losing one cylinder, but I loose all power. Could drive like 40mph max. When gear is in neutral it revs fine.

Any ideas? I can try to downgrade to 1.6.10 today. I can open everything and check connections. Could water in the TPS connector cause this? Could loose gear position sensor/connection to PC5 (that one you need to splice) cause this?
Edit. downgraded to 1.6.10, did not help. Still the same. Need to dig into the wiring tonight.
post #23 of 67 Old 03-20-2014, 02:49 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Power commander firmware

I had this problem a couple of years ago and removed the PCV. I have booked my bike in with a really good local tuner and he is going to install it and Dynotune it. The latest firmware is. V1.10.6. Has anyone tried it. It was last updated on 1/6/2013 so I hope it is good. Thanks

post #24 of 67 Old 03-23-2014, 07:38 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I'm currently using the latest firmware from powercommander 700 miles later and still no problems *knock on wood * going in next Thursday for a custom tune currently running a graves slip on with bmc race filter and block offs with a generic tune loaded
post #25 of 67 Old 03-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks stomper. Fingers crossed
post #26 of 67 Old 03-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Dropped bike off for custom dyno......Delivered to shop with damn near 900 miles on it after a few weeks of putting on heavy miles with latest firmware no issues (knock on wood) Will have dyno done on Thursday and will take some long rides after that, Will post in here again after a few thousand to confirm no issue.
post #27 of 67 Old 04-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Dropped my bike off with the guru this morning. It was running great anyway but if anyone can improve it it is Russel:)
post #28 of 67 Old 04-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Well for the sake of anyone wanting to know if the latest version firmware is still confirmed to work I feel pretty confident to say it does. Over 1,000 miles on my bike and she's good. Dyno was done last week put on about 200 since then and still good.
post #29 of 67 Old 04-12-2014, 06:41 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomper1K View Post
Well for the sake of anyone wanting to know if the latest version firmware is still confirmed to work I feel pretty confident to say it does. Over 1,000 miles on my bike and she's good. Dyno was done last week put on about 200 since then and still good.
I did a track day today on the latest firmware. The bike ran perfectly.
post #30 of 67 Old 04-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Yup, over 2'500 miles with the new firmware and no issues whatsoever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.