Gen 4: 2011-2015 dashboard lights flashing - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-25-2018, 04:49 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

dashboard lights flashing

Hello

I have a 2014 zx10R and I have a problem with the dashboard lights flashing and display also flashing. i noticed this occurring more in humid or hot weather. When bike is on the move the speedo readout jumps around as well. Has anyone else had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it please?

https://youtu.be/SyPdwRnUTyA

Thanks

Damian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-25-2018, 12:30 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Yup, you have a wiring/connector issue that's causing the serial CANbus communication link to fault. It's either that, or the whole cluster is faulty (not the most likely reason though). Pull the front cowling off, disconnect the cluster at the back, and check the connector. Same goes with the interconnect wiring between that and the ECU.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #3 of 6 Old 02-25-2018, 06:28 PM
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Sounds familiar. Did you change out front tire recently. I'm thinking front TC on wrong side. Check for the ring on left side.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-26-2018, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Thanks for the replies! It's definitely not the Tc ring on wheel. I will take front cowl off at check the connections there and the ecu on the weekend. Cheers!! Damo
post #5 of 6 Old 02-26-2018, 07:53 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

I've had that problem for awhile now. I tried checking and cleaning connections (electronics cleaner spray) on the back of the cluster as well as at the ECU 3x now with no change. All the connections were spotless despite the fact that I've ridden my bike through 3 Canadian winters and salty road conditions.

I've also checked the primary ground connection underneath the fuel tank 2x but that's spotless as well.

Another user GAZ advised me to check a different ground connection but my garage is cramped and cold and I don't feel like it until the weather warms up.

See his advice here:
How to swap wiring harness? Difficulty? Time?

If you get to the bottom of this, please keep us informed.

Thanks!

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modded sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-22-2018, 09:46 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I can't see your video, the link is bad or something, but mine did something very similar on a track day once. I had taken my mirrors off, unplugged the head and taillights and accidentally unplugged the wire for the TC(?). My dash flashed all the time, the red warning light stayed on and I was kinda freaked out for a few. The only downside for me that day was that it was a bit misty out and my TC obviously wasn't working. Been into the front cowling lately?

ANY fool can go fast in a straight line!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in