Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Crankcase filling with fuel

Gen 1: 2004-05 
4K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  mpp12 
#1 · (Edited)
Edit: Faulty PC3 was the culprit.

Recently my case has been filling with fuel on my 2005 10r with only 30000km. I thought it was the power commander so I took that out of the equation but it's still happening. I'm definitely going to pull the injectors and get them serviced but I was wondering if anyone else has had this similar problem and was it the injector(s) or electrical.

Thanks

#2 ·
I'm pretty sure you can't service your injectors. Just an additive in your gas. I ran into the same problem with my 04 z10r
I changed oil filter ( used a cheap oil ran couple min then dumped that and refilled with proper oil. Any way it turned out to be a dead plug , or weak plug. Changed plugs ( that was a time consuming job so do it yourself cuz labour cost )
Also I stopped using a really high octane gas and I'm just running Reg 87% octane unless I race then I'll use a high test but really not much of difference in power my bike seems to run better and cooler with Reg gas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
By servicing I mean sonic cleaned and flow tested, that will let me know the condition and if I need to look elsewhere.

I just checked the plugs when I did a VC gasket and all looked proper with the same pattern.

I have motor work done and higher compression so I have to use premium as that's what it's tuned for.

Thanks for the advise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Ive also also had work done on my z10 and run higher compression , and was told I should run the highest octane I can find , so I ran 94 -96 when I can find it. ( Ont canada)
I also have a power commander fuel injection module All I'm saying is when I run a higher premium gas , it runs really lean and hot
I thought about shit caning the module after remapping and no effective change but before I did that I dumped the premium into my truck and refuels with regular gas and my race time stayed the same 9.46 @ 144 mph the bike is just as fast but runs way cooler.
I hope your gas in oil problem is a simple thing and not major , mine was a bad plug All the best to you friend :)

#8 ·
I don't have a lot of experience with Kawi's in this regard, but on the Honda's we always check the Fuel Pressure Regulator when things like this happen. When they go bad they can slowly drain fuel into the cylinders at rest and it seeps past the rings and can also cause fouled plugs during start-up as well. In really bad cases it can literally fill the cylinders with fuel and hydrolock upon cranking which usually results in bent rods.

#10 ·
The only way fuel can enter the engine is through the injectors as they are the end of the chain. With my system the residual pressure would bleed off into the cylinder if a injector was stuck open. I should know tomorrow after flow testing is done if I need to dig deeper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#19 ·
I tested the injectors with and without the PC3 and it turns out it actually was the PC3 triggering the injectors. There must have been residual fuel in the case causing the ticking because when I changed the oil the ticking went away everything is back to normal. 2 bad PC3 in two years, geez.

Thanks for all the help and info guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.