Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbnyc View Post
Pictures of the damage.
Not too bad , sliders would've helped for sure

post #23 of 66 Old 08-01-2017, 12:23 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Forget backpacks fellas. For daily convenience and to avoid this hazard use a bicycle messenger (courier) bag. It's hard to explain but here are the reasons why they work so well for us:

1. Super quick and easy to put on (especially over bulky jackets or armor). You never have to wrestle with trying to get a backpack's straps over your shoulders. A few seconds is all it takes. Believe me, it's so much easier than a backpack.
2. Quick and easy to access the contents without even taking off the bag. Unclip the secondary strap and you can spin the bag around on your torso like a bike courier does and access the contents all while it's still on your body.
3. Water and wind resistant by design. These bags don't have exposed zippers like a backpack so they don't expose your contents to the elements. They have a flap that covers all the access points so they won't be penetrated by rain or wind. It's virtually waterproof unless you completely submerge it.
4. Due to the dual strap design they won't move at all. Even at very, very high speeds (self tested!).

For 3 years and 30,000miles I've been commuting in all weather (including torrential rain and snow flurries) with this Mission Workshop bag and it's been fantastic.
https://missionworkshop.com/collections/messenger-bags

This Chrome Industries bag is probably the most popular one out there but I find my Mission Workshop bag to be superior in a few areas. Primarily because it doesn't have the unnecessarily heavy seat belt buckle strap disconnect.
Messenger Bags | Courier & Shoulder Bags | Chrome Industries
obijack likes this.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 suspension links & dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modified OEM sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!

post #24 of 66 Old 08-01-2017, 12:49 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

All bad luck and whatever aside, what I really want to know is what possessed you to stop on the shoulder of a busy divided highway for a picture opportunity. When I see decisions like that it's not hard to comprehend the rest of your plight

post #25 of 66 Old 08-01-2017, 02:34 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
All bad luck and whatever aside, what I really want to know is what possessed you to stop on the shoulder of a busy divided highway for a picture opportunity. When I see decisions like that it's not hard to comprehend the rest of your plight

In his first post he stated he pulled over to remove his rain gear as it got a lil warm. I'm thinking he took the opportunity to snap a pic while he changed his gear...

04' ZX10
06' Green ZX10-On the road to recovery
post #26 of 66 Old 08-01-2017, 02:40 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

It's still not something I would do, but then I have never let shit fall out of my backpack and total my brand new bike either...
post #27 of 66 Old 08-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschenut View Post
Forget backpacks fellas. For daily convenience and to avoid this hazard use a bicycle messenger (courier) bag. It's hard to explain but here are the reasons why they work so well for us:

1. Super quick and easy to put on (especially over bulky jackets or armor). You never have to wrestle with trying to get a backpack's straps over your shoulders. A few seconds is all it takes. Believe me, it's so much easier than a backpack.
2. Quick and easy to access the contents without even taking off the bag. Unclip the secondary strap and you can spin the bag around on your torso like a bike courier does and access the contents all while it's still on your body.
3. Water and wind resistant by design. These bags don't have exposed zippers like a backpack so they don't expose your contents to the elements. They have a flap that covers all the access points so they won't be penetrated by rain or wind. It's virtually waterproof unless you completely submerge it.
4. Due to the dual strap design they won't move at all. Even at very, very high speeds (self tested!).

For 3 years and 30,000miles I've been commuting in all weather (including torrential rain and snow flurries) with this Mission Workshop bag and it's been fantastic.
https://missionworkshop.com/collections/messenger-bags

This Chrome Industries bag is probably the most popular one out there but I find my Mission Workshop bag to be superior in a few areas. Primarily because it doesn't have the unnecessarily heavy seat belt buckle strap disconnect.
Messenger Bags | Courier & Shoulder Bags | Chrome Industries
I would like to get a messenger bag for small trips and commuting. How is the comfort supporting all the weight with one shoulder? That would be my only concern is not transferring/distributing the weight over the entire back and shoulders. Kriega is supposedly one of the best back packs you can buy (for motorcycling anyways). They also make messenger bags.

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS
post #28 of 66 Old 08-01-2017, 02:51 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
I would like to get a messenger bag for small trips and commuting. How is the comfort supporting all the weight with one shoulder? That would be my only concern is not transferring/distributing the weight over the entire back and shoulders. Kriega is supposedly one of the best back packs you can buy (for motorcycling anyways). They also make messenger bags.
I have no idea about their messenger bags, but my Kriega backpack is worth every single penny. It has taken more abuse than I ever thought possible and not just for motorcycle use. It's been all over the world with me on both airlines and cruise ships and still looks brand new. Not a single rip or frayed thread on it in spite of being worn incessantly for hiking, thrown around, stuffed into tight spaces and overloaded many times over. The tight fit of the locking shoulder straps always keeps it stable at any speed on the bike and the zippers never move and inch even if you don't close them all the way.
post #29 of 66 Old 08-01-2017, 03:55 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

^^^Kriega was one of the backpacks I was looking at when shopping for a biking backpack. I ended up getting an Ogio "Clutch" and that's what has been doing the job, my girlfriend uses it mostly and has no gripes with it, saying she barely notices it while riding. I figure as long as you use a backpack with good strong zippers you'll be fine.

Now that I think about it, before that Ogio I used a "BlackHawk" brand backpack, their stuff is for military use and it apparently has some good, strong zippers because I have never thought about zipping the zippers all the way to the side, when I did use it on the bike I always brought the zippers to the middle! Won't do that anymore though just for peace of mind...

04' ZX10
06' Green ZX10-On the road to recovery
post #30 of 66 Old 08-01-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
When I see decisions like that it's not hard to comprehend the rest of your plight
[/img]
When I read comments like that it's not hard to comprehend how much of a tosser you must be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.