Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

block off plate instll without read valve

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  peterj59 
#1 ·
Hi just wondering, I did the PIA job to get to the pair valve and removed then installed block off plates,
Well I installed the block off plates without re-installing the read valve assembly and that gasket, ok has anyone did this,
I mean I blocked off the hose to the airbox, someone said I can get an air leak,
my question, ok if I get a tiny leak what impact would this have it is in the exhaust side, I removed the O2 sensor, plugged the evap canister.

anyone intall blockoff plates with out the reed valve

#2 ·
been there and done that by mistake. exhaust pressure gonna pressurize heck out of crankcase, blow oil everywhere at high rpm. i installed just one reed upside down once with blockoffs, it was very ugly how much oil that bike puked. had to stop the race and clean the track up. wonder he did'nt go down with oil on rear tire.rings are not gonna seal, lots of oil will make it into combustion chamber also.

#3 ·
Reed valve on zx10r is only to put air into the system. to remove it will help more accurate reading of the lambda sensor. it is for emission. by blocking it off you are actually removing it. so it doesn't matter they are there or not.

If it was a 2 stroke engine then will be a different story.

#4 ·
my driven block off plates for my gen4 specifically said to reinstall the reed valves with the block off plates. If not it may not seal correctly. :badteeth:

Reactions: evilaugust
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.