Gen 4: 2011-2015 Bike Released by Dealer - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 Old 12-21-2017, 05:43 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

The oil changes....It sounded like he said the oil was changed "a couple of times" if I remember correctly? I might be crazy, but it sounded as if the bike may have been driven 20-30,000 miles without an oil change, if not more.

Ive never understood how time becomes a factor in these oil/filter changes. We have a fleet of trucks, at work, and there are always 2-3 guys who really dont understand this time/mileage concept.

Its always the same conversation.....

I say....."Yes, I understand you went through the line, at Jiffy Lube, 3 weeks ago...good for you. However, in those three weeks, you drive to Montana, 3 times, and made a loop through Washington. Thats 5000 miles, and your vehicle needs another oil change...sorry to have to write you up, but 7900 miles between oil changes it not acceptable. If this happens again....."

A tthis point, the answer is always the same..."But, I went to Jiffy Lube, 3 weeks ago....."
trackaddict likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 Old 12-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
And to add to that, jiffy lube probably never changed the oil since they scam people left, right and center
rcannon likes this.

2015 ZX10R
2016 ZX14R SE
post #13 of 23 Old 12-21-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by obijack View Post
I like to hear Kawi standing behind their products. And AAA (with Motorcycle added) is worth it, hands down. Have been a Gold Plus Member for 12 years.
AAA yes as wife uses last 900 dollar towing rip off as leverage control freak whatever. On that tow, had a excuse. First, I had two tows in that area, fastline santa clara, one was blown '11 10r engine another was a simple r1 flat. All good. I called them and the Nazi lady told me too far for them and gave me Norm the rip off guy.

Story continues, BUT not too much info as all need to hear this; the Cal call box I used gave me norms connection but I tried to call them back to head's up the wife as she counts the freakin seconds I'm on the bike; BUT battery power was gone.

HOWEVER, cal trans dispatch for cal box had their act together. And Norms rip off knows the timing. Norms got to my bike fast. As we were leaving, here comes another tow with CHIP behind.

Dispatch had just enough power to note that I tried to call back and sent the recovery team.

First time in years I was impressed with my CA bureaucracy.

Some assuming going on but I'm reporting exactly what happened. I Norms was any later, I'd saved hundreds of dollars; fastline towing was the weak link here, and me, a return customer for a third time.

Last edited by scout; 12-21-2017 at 10:25 PM.

post #14 of 23 Old 12-21-2017, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaddict View Post
I just wonder if Kawi corp read all the posts about lack of oil changes. Would they have still warrantied the motor? WTF man... WTF. LOL
I think Kawa admin does check this site and they most certainly evaluate closely customer surveys.

They knew already before marketing that the g4 was near perfect configuration BUT was counting on the statistics that most Americans never ride supers hard including track.

However, enough of us DO ride hard, day after day; so, we now we have the FAT g5!

Not about oil. kawa rips the crap testing engine and oil is never a problem; Unless dealer reports sludge crap or whatever.
post #15 of 23 Old 12-21-2017, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

My initial report, upon a few more days of reflection, on the rebuild is all felt normal in the 20 miles return to home from the dealer. The bike felt one with me, immediately, just after the clutch was released in the dealer parking lot; absolutely serious; first thing the wife mentioned, after she arrived home long after myself, as I asked her to wait until my launch, just to reinforce EXACTLY what she already wanted to do, (she has ZERO bike sense whatsoever but does have that female intuition thing, which gets in the way; indeed, while I was suiting up, she gave the 'Do I have to expect to see you broke down on the side of the freeway" with attitude, hands on hips combined with swagger; lol, oddly, loved seeing the wife of age 22) was the bike looked at ease; she knows more than she lets on, for sure ; totally together;

this will sound korny to anyone but those that push super bikes to past 70% of rider ability given safe conditions: the bike welcomed totally welcomed resurrection with me at the helm. It jumped at every opportunity and wanted more; exactly the zen of our sport.

However, I have freezing conditions on part of my loop right now; no ride possible for me until conditions are proper. So today I drove the wife to Safeway Market, Whole Foods Market, Trader Joes Market and to top it off to her 3D breast check up.

Family guy when things are not all good on the loop!

Last edited by scout; 12-21-2017 at 10:35 PM.
post #16 of 23 Old 12-21-2017, 10:12 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Nothing wrong with that.
scout likes this.
post #17 of 23 Old 12-21-2017, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilaugust View Post
Nothing wrong with that.
Indeed, our very foundation of being is our nuclear family. My guess you know that well. All good.
post #18 of 23 Old 12-21-2017, 10:39 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Indeed, our very foundation of being is our nuclear family. My guess you know that well. All good.
It's the only thing I'd sell my bike for. It almost happened a month ago.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk
post #19 of 23 Old 12-22-2017, 04:00 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
I think Kawa admin does check this site and they most certainly evaluate closely customer surveys.

They knew already before marketing that the g4 was near perfect configuration BUT was counting on the statistics that most Americans never ride supers hard including track.

However, enough of us DO ride hard, day after day; so, we now we have the FAT g5!

Not about oil. kawa rips the crap testing engine and oil is never a problem; Unless dealer reports sludge crap or whatever.
Scout you keep talking about how fat the gen5 is and the gen4 is near perfect. The weight difference is what 4 pounds?
rcannon likes this.

1976 250 Elsinore Sold
1997 600R Sold
1976 KZ 900 Sold
2003 1500 Meanstreak Sold
2006 DL 650 Sold
2002 919 Hornet Sold
2004 ZX-10R
post #20 of 23 Old 12-22-2017, 03:21 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Most of the time the weight argument means Fuck All. Meaning that the 4 lbs MUST BE FELT by the rider. Many times it is NOT. I have not ridden a Gen 5 so I cannot comment intelligently on the topic, only to state that I have ridden many bikes heavier than the next and it made no difference whats so ever. So there is that........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.