Gen 5: 2016 -> Austin Racing GP1R Exhaust - IT IS LOUD - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 Old 05-29-2017, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thKawiBrad View Post
I ordered that exhaust from Motomummy nine weeks ago and am still waiting for it.
Motomummy said two weeks for delivery LOL. Pathetic customer service from them,I emailed Austin Racing myself and am told my exhaust was never made and I should expect mine in a couple of weeks.
Wow. Sorry you had a bad experience but I don't think you will be disappointed when you get it. The only thing that messed up was they got an approval for the exhaust system but they didn't take the money out my account until they shipped it. My account had a large amount of money in it when I ordered it so I didn't pay that much attention. But when I saw the charge a month later I figured this must be a mistake. LOL

Try the exhaust with and without the DB killers. I took the main one out and now it sounds like a Superbike. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 Old 05-29-2017, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle1000 View Post
Stick with riders discount. Ask for Mike
Mike I will check you guys out. Thanks
post #13 of 28 Old 05-29-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaddict View Post
Have you mapped the ECU? I am running a custom flash tune via Woolich and OMG this bike is focking crazy fast now.
I'm using Woolich software as well. They are awesome. But I need a track map because this racing exhaust is more open than a regular slip-on. It runs fine but can be a little more smoother cruising around town. If I reduce the power to medium, it drives good around town. Ultimately I'd like to put the settings for a track map in "HIGH" and the settings I have now in the "MEDIUM" and leave the "LOW" setting alone.

Woolich wish list - I wish this bike would switch power on the fly.

post #14 of 28 Old 05-29-2017, 07:09 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeman1000 View Post
Wow. Sorry you had a bad experience but I don't think you will be disappointed when you get it. The only thing that messed up was they got an approval for the exhaust system but they didn't take the money out my account until they shipped it. My account had a large amount of money in it when I ordered it so I didn't pay that much attention. But when I saw the charge a month later I figured this must be a mistake. LOL

Try the exhaust with and without the DB killers. I took the main one out and now it sounds like a Superbike. Good luck.
Thanks, after a ten week wait I will receive my exhaust tomorrow. I will post pictures of my mods soon.
Bikeman1000 likes this.
post #15 of 28 Old 05-31-2017, 06:10 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Is it true with the gen 5 like gen 4 that the bike makes better power with a longer end can?

Although I don't think there is much in it.
post #16 of 28 Old 05-31-2017, 08:07 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Arghh View Post
Is it true with the gen 5 like gen 4 that the bike makes better power with a longer end can?

Although I don't think there is much in it.
That could be true but the longer can is better for sound cancellation.The akro is long hence quiet, good for street use. this Austin is LOUD! its basically as loud as headers are alone! Power wise, not sure which is better, I will get dynoed saturday which includes a tune, reflash and race filter. I will post results.
Bikeman1000 likes this.
post #17 of 28 Old 05-31-2017, 12:06 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thKawiBrad View Post
That could be true but the longer can is better for sound cancellation.The akro is long hence quiet, good for street use. this Austin is LOUD! its basically as loud as headers are alone! Power wise, not sure which is better, I will get dynoed saturday which includes a tune, reflash and race filter. I will post results.
The Gen5 benefits from a longer pipe as compared to a shorty. It helps the low and mid power ranges.
gaz likes this.
post #18 of 28 Old 01-31-2018, 05:59 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I ordered the GP2R for my Gen 4 half december and still waiting :-( This is the status:

DATE STATUS
15/12/2017 In Fabrication Queue
15/12/2017 Processing in progress
14/12/2017 Payment accepted
post #19 of 28 Old 01-31-2018, 08:13 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Send a message via AIM to Sneekey10R Send a message via MSN to Sneekey10R Send a message via Yahoo to Sneekey10R
Had one on my Gen 4 when I bought it. WAY TO LOUD! Wasn't much difference between it and open headers. I prefer tone over loudness. Looked at getting a silencer but after realizing it alone was over $100 and having to wait however long for it...I sold it. Just something to keep in mind for anyone who is interested in them.
post #20 of 28 Old 01-31-2018, 03:08 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
I will agree with you AR does produce a slip that is much different to most others offered!build quality is very good also but the weight difference with inconel over Titanium is lost if you ever check out how many noise suppresses must be used!in the link pipe before the end can there is 2 large suppresses sitting in there!if you compare a AR link to say a Akra link(that has no noise suppresses)it would be suprising the weight debate!I have had a gp2 and gp2R and couldn't get over what was in their link pipe!if you remove them the noise is obnoxious trust me!slipons are a personal choice and beauty is in the eye of the beholder!as for hp there isn't much in it for any brand gain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
austin racing, carbon fiber, exhaust, exhaust muffler, gp1r

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in