Gen 4: 2011-2015 Anything you want made for your Gen 4 ZX-10R? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 09-19-2016, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Anything you want made for your Gen 4 ZX-10R?

Hey guys, I'm a Mechanical Engineering student, with a background in manufacturing, and I'm looking for some ideas for a class project....

Is there anything you would like to have for your Gen 4 ZX-10R, that isn't already available?

I'm thinking more along the lines of a performance accessory, but I'm open to anything. I have a 2012 ZX-10R myself, so that's why I'd like to keep it restricted to gen 4's only. For class I just need a design, but if I like it enough I may even go through with manufacturing it, testing it on my bike, and then offer it for sale.

Any idea's would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 09-19-2016, 08:10 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Some idea will come up

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
post #3 of 31 Old 09-19-2016, 08:16 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Not performance, but here are a couple items I wish I had options for.

Mirror block off plates with very bright integrated signals. Gregg's Customs makes some but they're fugly.

How about very bright rear turn signals that don't add any bulk to the tail section. Something in the same location as the euro turn signals but without the lenses that flare out.

2013 ABS, Bridgestone T30 Evo, Woolich, Danmoto shorty & link, Rifleman's 1/5th turn, K&N, GP shift, Gen5 shock/links/dogbone, JT (-1/+0), EK, Shorai, EBC HH, AllBallz roller steering, heated grips, shorty levers, MotoDynamic signals & relay, plasti-dipped and vinyl wrapped (all green to black), Bestem carbon, PUIG Pro sliders, solo cowl, modded sprocket cover, TST fender elim. w/LEDs. 45,000km+ and going strong!

post #4 of 31 Old 09-19-2016, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Mirror block off plates would be fairly simple. I could do that. I always took the mirrors off my previous sportbikes, but I actually really like the mirrors on my zx10r, so I never really shopped for block off plates. I'll definitely look into it.

As for rear turn signals, I highly recommend customled.com. I have their taillight on my bike and I love it. Way brighter than stock, turn signals are integrated, and it has a programmable strobe.
post #5 of 31 Old 09-20-2016, 04:20 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Design a lightweight alloy front sprocket cover for the gen4!if you check out what Rizoma use to offer you will get a idea!cheers
mpp12 and evilaugust like this.
post #6 of 31 Old 09-20-2016, 06:04 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Design a lightweight alloy front sprocket cover for the gen4!if you check out what Rizoma use to offer you will get a idea!cheers
Agree, this would be easy to design and manufacture. The aftermarket completely dropped the ball with aesthetics on design.

Carbon Fiber!
post #7 of 31 Old 09-20-2016, 09:47 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Good point, agreed.
post #8 of 31 Old 09-20-2016, 02:57 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

A sprocket cover for the front

A nice brake hand guard

A throttle tube that includes the accelerator disc, progressive, and with grooves.

and TOP list a evapo canister for ABS bikes..!!!!!! that conects to the airbox and engine for the fumes....

that would be TOP
post #9 of 31 Old 09-20-2016, 08:57 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
a better looking seat cowl?

15 ZX10R
91 Harley Fatboy
04 ZX10R - Burned in front of my eyes
00 R1 - Stolen & Crashed
98 ZX6R - SOLD
post #10 of 31 Old 09-20-2016, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Awesome ideas guys!

Right now I'm leaning towards doing the front sprocket cover. Can i ask what specifically don't you like about the Rizoma sprocket cover? I thought it was pretty good looking. A carbon fiber and anodized aluminum combo would be sweet, if I can find someone to make it for a decent price.

A throttle tube with interchangeable cams is definitely a possibility too. I work in a machine shop, so I could manufacturer most of it myself to keep costs down.

I totally agree we need a better looking seat cowl too!

Thanks again guys, keep the ideas coming and I'll keep y'all posted on the progress
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.