Gen 5: 2016 -> Anyone have any issues with gen5 low dyno numbers? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 Old 09-24-2017, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Anyone have any issues with gen5 low dyno numbers?

Flashed with no restrictions and 3/4 exhaust...

Made less than my 4th gen with similar mods... bike only has 700 miles but went through a hard early break in to seat the rings. Nothing really unusual other than a little rattle buzzing sound from the bike (mayge that cam chain tension issue) and a little bit material on the metal drain plug I out on at 100 miles and changed again at 600. Figured that was from the normal break in.

Do they not break in well with full synthetic? Do they continue to make more power with miles? Seems like it should be making about 8-15 more than my gen 4 depending on fueling. Am I wrong?

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 09-24-2017, 08:41 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Something must not be right. I dynoed my GEN5 bone stock and peak HP was around 176. Installing the Graves Cat Eliminator with no other mods brought it up to 190. After some basic tuning we got it up to just under 195. A good 10 to 15 more HP than my GEN4 with a full Graves exhaust, a flash and a Bazzaz.

post #3 of 60 Old 09-24-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdh View Post
Something must not be right. I dynoed my GEN5 bone stock and peak HP was around 176. Installing the Graves Cat Eliminator with no other mods brought it up to 190. After some basic tuning we got it up to just under 195. A good 10 to 15 more HP than my GEN4 with a full Graves exhaust, a flash and a Bazzaz.
Right.. I just don't get it at all...

Worst part since it was a shootout we weren't hooking up rpm signal so no rpm and torque for the sake of time with so many bikes... sigh. I have the worst possible luck ever I think.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R

post #4 of 60 Old 09-24-2017, 09:17 PM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
Flashed with no restrictions and 3/4 exhaust...

Made less than my 4th gen with similar mods... bike only has 700 miles but went through a hard early break in to seat the rings. Nothing really unusual other than a little rattle buzzing sound from the bike (mayge that cam chain tension issue) and a little bit material on the metal drain plug I out on at 100 miles and changed again at 600. Figured that was from the normal break in.

Do they not break in well with full synthetic? Do they continue to make more power with miles? Seems like it should be making about 8-15 more than my gen 4 depending on fueling. Am I wrong?
Yea mine read around 165 after hard break in on brocks dyno, now with flash his Predator exhaust sprint filter and velocity stacks peak hp was at 203 wheel. What numbers are you getting stock to now? Were these done on the same dyno? What were the climitory factors? The last 2 are big ones. Different dynos put up different numbers for the exact same bike all the time. Also the climate has a huge factor also, my bike in good conditions ( lower temperature, little to no humidity) made 203. A month later on a hot around 90degree day (F) and high humidity was only pulling 185. Nothing changed except outside factors. Your best bet is to go back to the same dyno your gen 4 was tuned on, try and do it on a day that conditions closest resemble those of the day your gen 4 was dynoed (these should be noted on your dyno chart). Or if u still have it, bring both for side by side comparison.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #5 of 60 Old 09-24-2017, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Sure that applies of your gen 4 wasn't dyno'd at the same tikme as your gen 5 and still made more power :( none of the variables apply here since they were done 10min a part

Btw, who's stacks are you using?

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R

Last edited by Victors; 09-24-2017 at 10:58 PM.
post #6 of 60 Old 09-24-2017, 10:32 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Unless everyone is using the same dyno, the dyno figures are irrelevant.... many dyno's will vary their HP / KW output

FWIW my gen 5 pulled out 177hp with full ackra... if I took it to another dyno, It may be 185hp...who knows.. I wouldn't worry to much :)
thundercoupe9 likes this.
post #7 of 60 Old 09-24-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben75 View Post
Unless everyone is using the same dyno, the dyno figures are irrelevant.... many dyno's will vary their HP / KW output

FWIW my gen 5 pulled out 177hp with full ackra... if I took it to another dyno, It may be 185hp...who knows.. I wouldn't worry to much :)

Would you be worried if a gen 4 with similar mods pulled more than you right before/after you went? I mean less than 10 mins apart...

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #8 of 60 Old 09-24-2017, 11:58 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

On the same dyno, Id be a little concerned...yes..
post #9 of 60 Old 09-25-2017, 04:43 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben75 View Post
On the same dyno, Id be a little concerned...yes..

Thata what happened.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #10 of 60 Old 09-25-2017, 06:01 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
Sure that applies of your gen 4 wasn't dyno'd at the same tikme as your gen 5 and still made more power :( none of the variables apply here since they were done 10min a part

Btw, who's stacks are you using?
Jetprime, Brock got a test unit from them and dropped it in. The company claimed it made 5 hp there. Even with fuel tuning best we got was 2. So unless your racing and need every hp, not worth the couple hundred for it. Mine was free so no complaints on this end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.