Gen 5: 2016 -> Anyone have any issues with gen5 low dyno numbers? - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 04:25 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victors View Post
Did you not read a single thing I've said in this entire thread?

Okay, I gotta request that you no longer respond to any thing I'm the original poster on again. I'm not joking. You never really contribute in any meaningful way and all you do is get me irritated. Thanks buddy.

Hi Victors!please don't take Scout to serious because I can assure you he means no harm!insult or disrespect!his views sometimes can confuse but that's just Scout and the way he words things!honestly in time his comments will actually humour you!Im 100% sure he is not out to hurt!belittle or insult anyone on the forum!
Thanks mate
Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 04:28 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Who did your flash and also, no restrictions isn't the same as flashed with a tune for that 3/4 exhaust. Improper flash can be a lot of it.

Shut up and ride.

Nun sacciu, nun vidi, nun ceru e si ceru durmiv
post #23 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

I, personally, wouldn't use full synthetic until the 1000 mile mark minimum. I also wouldn't have changed the oil so early. Those metal shavings are needed to help wear everything in for the first 5-600 miles. You can check my post on my ZX-10RR and see the power I am making. I changed the oil at 600 miles and am still on mineral oil at 1200 miles. The engine will make more power as the break in period goes on, but it shouldn't be a drastic change. I got the 10RR after I totaled my gen 5 10r, and the RR makes maybe 6-8 hp more when fully dyno tuned.

post #24 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterd10r View Post
Hi Victors!please don't take Scout to serious because I can assure you he means no harm!insult or disrespect!his views sometimes can confuse but that's just Scout and the way he words things!honestly in time his comments will actually humour you!Im 100% sure he is not out to hurt!belittle or insult anyone on the forum!
Thanks mate
Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nope, cant do it. I've been here a few years now. Just can't anymore. From telling people that flashing doesn't make any more power to the other nonsense that he posts... I'm done. It's cool that you're backing him up and I know many others do as well, but I just can't. He's flat out given people incorrect info and it could cost someone eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedinseattle View Post
Who did your flash and also, no restrictions isn't the same as flashed with a tune for that 3/4 exhaust. Improper flash can be a lot of it.
Woolich.. when I get some real dyno time i will be doing the tuning myself. I'm more than capable and tune on the side. This was just a shootout and the first and only time this bike has been on the dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frickenmoron View Post
I, personally, wouldn't use full synthetic until the 1000 mile mark minimum. I also wouldn't have changed the oil so early. Those metal shavings are needed to help wear everything in for the first 5-600 miles. You can check my post on my ZX-10RR and see the power I am making. I changed the oil at 600 miles and am still on mineral oil at 1200 miles. The engine will make more power as the break in period goes on, but it shouldn't be a drastic change. I got the 10RR after I totaled my gen 5 10r, and the RR makes maybe 6-8 hp more when fully dyno tuned.
Don't these bikes come with synthetic from the factory?

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #25 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

No sir, they come with MO from the factory. I continued MO after the first oil change, but my next change will be to full synthetic. Unfortunately full synthetic doesn't allow the pistons to wear against the cylinder walls enough for break-in which is why it shouldn't be used until break in is finished.
post #26 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
No sir, they come with MO from the factory. I continued MO after the first oil change, but my next change will be to full synthetic. Unfortunately full synthetic doesn't allow the pistons to wear against the cylinder walls enough for break-in which is why it shouldn't be used until break in is finished.

I've never been one to believe in that stuff.. but screw it. I'll swap in some regular and see what happens.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #27 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 06:32 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Ya, it can't hurt anything. Just make sure you ride normally and your ecu is fully derestricted, and you'll see it make a lot of power after you get rid of the cat. Keep us posted on your gains!
post #28 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 07:08 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Also, have you checked for blow-by? Are you losing any oil between changes?
post #29 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Ya, it can't hurt anything. Just make sure you ride normally and your ecu is fully derestricted, and you'll see it make a lot of power after you get rid of the cat. Keep us posted on your gains!
Cats off.. graves 3/4.. hence why I'm even more concerned about power.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
post #30 of 66 Old 09-28-2017, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Also, have you checked for blow-by? Are you losing any oil between changes?

No, haven't checked. Doesn't appear to be an issue based on my levels so far.

2013 10R
2007 650R
2016 10R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.