Anyone conceal carry/self defense knife while riding? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Anyone conceal carry/self defense knife while riding?

Thinking about caring a fixed blade, typically if I ride I'm not normally going to many establishments other than work. But my fear is a disgruntled driver on the road that gets out of his car. I mind my own business and I do not instigate motorists faults. But there is always someone that takes it to far.
Scenario I had today.

So I'm on my way home down a 3 have highway that is posted at 60mph which is way underrated and the average speed is 75mph for most. Dude in f150 sitting in fast lane doing 70. 3 wide blocked Lanes. No one's budging. So eventually the f150 does 72 mph creeps past. He is almost all the way over in the middle Lane I'm on the throttle to pass mfer comes back over and came within 4ft of clipping me for no reason. I just kept going. Wtf. I did nothing but mind my own business. And I left him plenty of space. Now if he would of hit me and someone how I was still okay to move and he attacked me I wouldn't just have my fist. Anyone think about some f'd up scenarios and or carries?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 02:41 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Edit - You'll shoot your eye out!!
evilaugust likes this.

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago!

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

..known Internet Suspension Warrior....And Plinko Master!

Last edited by Capncalyx; 04-13-2018 at 03:00 PM.
post #3 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 02:58 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Hmmmm. The first problem I have here is that you're riding a ZX-10R and you let an F1-Fiddy get that close to you. Why not just turn that right hand a little bit more down and actually put it behind you? I would suggest you put the bike in power mode 'F' and not 'L' when riding it around though.

Second, a fixed blade or gun is a great idea. I can't imagine any scenarios where going down on a bike wouldn't impale you or the weapon would get tossed from you. Not at all. I'm a big advocate for carrying weapons at the speed limit fully exposed to the environment.

Or just go full-tilt and ride one of these to work everyday.

This is an option also...

If Chuck Norris can do it, so can you! It's the complete definition of "KawiSEXY"!
Capncalyx likes this.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #4 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Hmmmm. The first problem I have here is that you're riding a ZX-10R and you let an F1-Fiddy get that close to you. Why not just turn that right hand a little bit more down and actually put it behind you? I would suggest you put the bike in power mode 'F' and not 'L' when riding it around though.

Second, a fixed blade or gun is a great idea. I can't imagine any scenarios where going down on a bike wouldn't impale you or the weapon would get tossed from you. Not at all. I'm a big advocate for carrying weapons at the speed limit fully exposed to the environment.

Or just go full-tilt and ride one of these to work everyday.

This is an option also...

If Chuck Norris can do it, so can you! It's the complete definition of "KawiSEXY"!
Well if chuck Norris approves then I must abide by his decision lol. I was already at his front fender when he came over. I was on double Fu powermode only on reflashed bikes have.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 03:03 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Would love to ride ANY of those ^^^^^^^^^ in/out of downtown Indy rush hour traffic!! Maybe park it out front of the Capitol Building?

Rock over London, Rock on Chicago!

We will all die but only a select few of us will ever truly live.

..known Internet Suspension Warrior....And Plinko Master!
post #6 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 03:28 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

SkyDork,
Did you take the pic of the scooter-mounted cannon? If so, where? I saw one of the same in a tank museum in France, but I don't remember the pit shown in your photo next to it.
post #7 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 03:54 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelmike View Post
SkyDork,
Did you take the pic of the scooter-mounted cannon? If so, where? I saw one of the same in a tank museum in France, but I don't remember the pit shown in your photo next to it.
Nah. I google searched for that. I would love to see that in person though and actually try that thing out! I'm curious what the recoil on that thing is?

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #8 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 04:17 PM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

When I come up behind all 3 lanes plugged at the speed limit I usually don't wait too long before I wheelie by them on the shoulder.

post #9 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

I agree with Skydork. Pass and get the hell out of there. Why not just carry a folding knife in your pocket? I have had someone do the same BS on the frwy. I threw the Fing knife at his windshield as I pinned the throttle. Problem solved....
SkyDork and Kawasexy like this.
post #10 of 60 Old 04-13-2018, 04:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

It's not too often I even remotely disagree with The Dork... and I really don't in this case... be here are a few thoughts from someone who carries more often than not.

A knife is useless. It will much more likely end up doing you harm than good in almost any situation. If you couldn't handle the threat in a normal fistfight, chances are they would be able to take it from you anyway. A knife is a deadly weapon, but an altogether inferior one to any projectile firing device.... why bother when given the choice?

Legal carry should be an educated effort (training, knowing the law/your rights, situational awareness, etc), and there are very VERY few roadside situations where legal carry will help you out at all. You really don't have the right to brandish or use deadly force in just about any road rage encounter (in my limited knowledge, anyway... states vary ;) ). I absolutely encourage RESPONSIBLE people to carry, but part of being responsible is to educate yourself on the law(s), and to do your best to AVOID situations that lead up to needing deadly force. Carrying generally restricts where you can go and what you can do... doing so without knowing the consequences is perilous, to say the least. And crashing on your side-arm would suck, absolutely no doubt there.

Even if you do carry, the solution in that situation was to hang back and let discretion be the better part of valor. It will be almost every time, in my experience. All that said, I still carry whenever & wherever I can. But if you're not into training, education, and being more aware of your surroundings, don't bother.... just pin it and don't play fuck-fuck games with stupid people.

Attack life... it's going to kill you anyway.

Last edited by SpazOnaZX; 04-13-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.