Another Gen 3 headed for the strip - Page 5 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 115 Old 02-24-2016, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'll get the complete kit with judder spring. Thanks for the help

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME

Last edited by medicbaldwin; 02-29-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 115 Old 03-02-2016, 03:39 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Has anybody used a KG Clutch factory, clutch for their 10r? What's the good, bad and ugly with these?
I've had full intention on using a cycle concepts drag pak but they're not sold on amazon. I've just found out i'm receiving an amazon gift card for a few hundred $$ from my work and figured i'd put it to good use and get a clutch kit.
The only kits i've seen on amazon are KG or Barnett, which i'm not interested in a Barnett kit.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
post #43 of 115 Old 03-13-2016, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

here's a before and after of the bike; pre-lowering link, front strap, extensions and drag hookup.

And After parts installed:

the new sprockets and chain are now installed. I went with a 16/43 setup to start and i'll adjust rear gears from there.

I started working on getting the DJ Wideband Commander installed, but have a few questions and I hope somebody has an answer.

I have the original WBC, which doesn't play nice with my PCV. I'm hoping somebody can let me know where to connect up the RPM pickup and throttle position pickup without having to hack into the factory harness.
The rpm and throttle pickup aren't completely imperative to have hooked up, but, will make tuning and data logging easier and more precise.
s2king likes this.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME

post #44 of 115 Old 03-14-2016, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

any advice where I can pick up an extended chain guard that'll bolt up to the stock swing arm?

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #45 of 115 Old 03-27-2016, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Has anybody used a wideband commander? I have one, all wired up and logging correctly. What i'm trying to do is use the programmable relay output to set up a shift light. I don't know how to wire a relay and what needs to go where. The dynojet picture shows connecting the white/orange wire from the WBC to the negative side of a relay and connecting a switched positive source to the positive lead. What needs to go to the other posts on the relay?

When connecting a shift light to the relay, do I connect the negative side of positive side of the light to the relay, or do I connect both?

A drawing or explanation would help tremendously.

Thanks a ton-
Medic B

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #46 of 115 Old 03-28-2016, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks to the quick response from Chris at dynojet, I have the answer for the programmable output. Since i'm using it to trigger a shift light, there shouldn't be a need to use a relay. The Orange/white wire will go to the negative side of the shift light and the positive lead from the light will go to a constant 12v source. From there it's a matter of setting up the light to what ever conditions I want.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #47 of 115 Old 03-28-2016, 09:16 PM
Grease Monkey Bandit

Posting Frequency

Garage
I would use that amazon card on gear and go with cycle concepts. Call Dwayne, tell him you want that Gen1 stack but for your gen3, he will know what's up, he can also recommend and supply springs.

"Homewrecker" Gen3 custom build by ZX-SIK-R in progress.... check the build thread: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/airb...ad-140226.html
post #48 of 115 Old 04-04-2016, 03:51 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I spoke with Dwayne a few weeks ago. Super nice guy, asked me tons of questions about my setup and just over the phone made some great recommendations. I'll be ordering up a clutch kit from cycle concepts very soon and get that upgraded basket installed.
hoping to hit the track next weekend for the first time with the bike. Given my lack of an NHRA license, i'll be somewhat limited, but it'll give me a chance to see how the bike will perform and get some seat time.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #49 of 115 Old 04-09-2016, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

made it to the track last night for the maiden voyage. Bike runs like a dream, pulls like a freight train. Got some good data, the custom pump gas tune I was running, thanks to another 10r.net member, worked out perfect.
AFR stayed pretty consistent at 13-13.5.
I was really babying the bike off the line, as I'm still rocking the OE clutch and basket. I have the hays basket sitting in the shop, didn't want to break stuff.

First run was a 10.75@132(ish)
Best run was a 9.94@143. That was my first ever 9sec run. Can't wait to get the clutch done and license to run.
Still foot shifting, no quickshift, no fuel cut, just old fashioned shifting.

more to come......

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #50 of 115 Old 04-09-2016, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I'm getting items together for an airshifter and I don't want to drill the frame for a mount. Has anybody used the DME mount for a newer zx10r or zx14r on a gen 3? Not sure if it'll fit??

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.