Another Gen 3 headed for the strip - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 127 Old 02-15-2016, 02:32 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Just ordered up the necessaries for the rear: extensions, 150 link chain, brake line and lowering link and o2 sensor bung for the wideband commander. Next up will be to address the front end by way of lowering straps and brocks radial mount brackets, then down size the counter shaft for a 16 and get a variety of rear sprockets.
Brock and gazx10 like this.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 127 Old 02-20-2016, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Got most of the parts. So far so good. Question for you guys. Is there a way to install the lowering links without having to suspend/hang the bike in the air? If that's what I have to do, is there a way to do it without taking the tail off and running a strap around the frame and using a hoist to hold it?

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
post #33 of 127 Old 02-20-2016, 03:19 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I used a jack to jack the bike up and then put 2 jack stands under rear sets......that's about it.

post #34 of 127 Old 02-22-2016, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info Thunder. That clutch basket is still sitting in the box, waiting for the clutch and Brock's cushion kit, then it'll go in. Sure looks good though, ha ha

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #35 of 127 Old 02-22-2016, 02:26 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
sounds easy enough. Thanks for the info Thunder. That clutch basket is still sitting in the box, waiting for the clutch and Brock's cushion kit, then it'll go in. Sure looks good though, ha ha
YOu don't need a clutch mod, all you need is a gen1 clutch, that's it.
post #36 of 127 Old 02-23-2016, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundercoupe9 View Post
YOu don't need a clutch mod, all you need is a gen1 clutch, that's it.
Will the gen 1 clutch setup will fit straight into the basket I bought from you, no need to modify anything? Do you recommend a gen1 drag pak setup from cycle conepts or a gen1 OE kawi clutch setup?
Do the gen1 springs have a higher clamping force or will I need a set of heavy duty springs to go along with it?

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #37 of 127 Old 02-23-2016, 02:43 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
Will the gen 1 clutch setup will fit straight into the basket I bought from you, no need to modify anything? Do you recommend a gen1 drag pak setup from cycle conepts or a gen1 OE kawi clutch setup?
Do the gen1 springs have a higher clamping force or will I need a set of heavy duty springs to go along with it?
You're really only after 1st gen judder spring plate. You put it instead of the 06+ zx10r judder spring and correct the height of the stack with correct thickness steels, that's really it. Clutch springs probably didn't change much, it really depends on the total mass of the bike/rider, gearing and torque that the engine produces. The heavier the rider/bike, the taller the gearing, if the engine makes more torque = will need more spring pressure on the clutch. I didn't have any problems with stock springs, but I did end up putting 3 heavier springs later on, it made no difference what so ever.
post #38 of 127 Old 02-24-2016, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

With this judder spring you speak of, is that something that would typically come in a clutch replacement kit or will I need to order a judder spring in addition to the clutch kit?

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #39 of 127 Old 02-24-2016, 10:26 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Dewayne at cycle concepts sells the 1st gen dragpak with or without the judder spring.

05 ZX-10R SWB.
post #40 of 127 Old 02-24-2016, 07:35 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

If you order the 1st gen clutch, you should get the judder spring. But you can also order just a judder spring and use your factory clutch and just order correct steels to get correct stack height.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.