Another Gen 3 headed for the strip - Page 2 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 127 Old 12-16-2015, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

I was very impressed with the quality of the ftd extensions. The fitment was spot on and I never had a single problem.
I'm going to buy from them again and get their full kit with the 150 link chain and brake line.
I'll have to check out Airbornes chain guy, I really like that black and chrome chain he has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 127 Old 12-26-2015, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

CHRISTMAS was great to this guy. Add pcv to the list of add ons.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
post #13 of 127 Old 01-15-2016, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

PC5 is installed and thanks to blue08, I have a map on there that should run out pretty well.
I've removed the awful oem fender and got crafty with a sheet of 16ga steel from home depot and made my own fender eliminator. Ordered up a TST industries smoked integrator light. Once I get an air filter, turns out BMC is on nation wide back order, then I can button up the top end and make it look like a motorcycle again.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME

post #14 of 127 Old 01-16-2016, 12:34 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Get a data-logger..........All I ever use to tune my bike, no dyno, no bs numbers, just exact data.
post #15 of 127 Old 01-18-2016, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Here's another vid after getting the pc5 installed, a new map put on and tps calibrated.
post #16 of 127 Old 01-18-2016, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thundercoupe-
I have a wideband commander which data logs along with the DJ LCD. I've used them together before with my old bike, but honestly, I didn't know what I was doing and also didn't know I could transfer the data to a .csv and look at it on a table.

Questions for you good sir:
What AFR are you tuning for? I'll be running naturally aspirated, 93 octane pump gas, no nitrous or other power adders.
Are you only data logging on the track or do you hit a back road and make a few pulls that way?

Since the bike is new to me, i'm basically starting from scratch with nothing to go off, except maps i've gotten from folks here on the forum.

thanks for the help.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #17 of 127 Old 01-18-2016, 06:23 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
Thundercoupe-
I have a wideband commander which data logs along with the DJ LCD. I've used them together before with my old bike, but honestly, I didn't know what I was doing and also didn't know I could transfer the data to a .csv and look at it on a table.

Questions for you good sir:
What AFR are you tuning for? I'll be running naturally aspirated, 93 octane pump gas, no nitrous or other power adders.
Are you only data logging on the track or do you hit a back road and make a few pulls that way?

Since the bike is new to me, i'm basically starting from scratch with nothing to go off, except maps i've gotten from folks here on the forum.

thanks for the help.
For a naturally aspirated engine shoot for around 13to1 AFR at WOT, but don't get hung up on the number, if you're between 12.5-13.5 you're good to go. Low and mid load you can shoot for around 14.7 AFR for better gas mileage. Tune it to what the bike and you like really. Take your time with it.

For octane try running 89 or even 87 octane, if the bike doesn't ping, then you're good to go, if it does, raise the octane. Higher octane doesn't make anymore power.

I only datalog at the race track..........but that's because that's where my bike spends most of the time and I log acceleration rate and tune that way.

Once you get your fuel where you want start adjusting the ignition timing, that's where you gain power, that's where logging acceleration rate tells me if the bike makes more or less power. Having the bike on the dyno can accomplish the same thing.

Here's where things get kind a tricky, correct ignition timing depends on many things, air temp, baro pressure, fuel type, dynamic compression.

Starting from scratch is fine, you get to learn what the bike likes in the conditions that you live, start with factory map ( it's pretty damn good) and start making 1 change at the time and see how the bike responds. Save the data from all the different conditions and learn it, once you'll get a hang of that, you will know what your bike will like depending on the conditions and you'll be able to adjust it as conditions change. Remember, tuning is not magic and it doesn't happen over night, and there is no magic tune that works on all the bikes in every city in the world.
theatiss likes this.
post #18 of 127 Old 01-19-2016, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Awesome info Thunder. Thanks a ton

After I get the AFR dialed in where I'm happy, will I be able adjust timing with the pc5 or is that an additional module i'd need to get?

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME

Last edited by medicbaldwin; 01-19-2016 at 08:59 AM.
post #19 of 127 Old 01-19-2016, 10:14 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

forget the 93 octane, tune it on 87, 89 max as already stated for best power. if blue 08 mapping is for his brocks full system, gonna be better off starting with stk. map and adjust as already stated as ur running stk. decat/slip on exhaust. agree mid 14's afr low/mid will increase mileage on the street. launching 6-9 k at the strip bike needs more fuel to 60/330 ft well, around 12.8. 12.8-13.0 best generic for power thru full powerband, only the dyno or time slips verify what ur engine likes. .do pair mod to get accurate afr's. no discernable gains to be had stk. motor/pump gas as far as timing variations. gen 3 can be very fast 1/4, hold thier own with just about any bike built. for what ur trying to do, 2 main things to get right first as far as the bike goes are gearing and fueling. these done, all up to you from there.

Last edited by gazx10; 01-19-2016 at 05:18 PM.
post #20 of 127 Old 01-20-2016, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

With the ethanol they put in our fuel here on the west coast, i'm leary about down grading the fuel octane. We have 87/89/93 octane pump gas. I've always ran with 93 and never had any issues with pinging or detonation. I'll be looking forward to getting to the track and start getting data.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.