Another Gen 3 headed for the strip - Page 11 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 127 Old 04-13-2017, 08:35 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

looked at ur pics and how low, be careful with that stk oilpan. guy i sold my 04 to last year rode out a 1 and 2 gear wheelie at the strip, came down cracked the oil pan and went down at mid track from oiled rear tire. bike getting faster, looks good slammed, just be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 127 Old 04-13-2017, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

here's a few updated pics of the bike before my first trip to the track this season. Thanks to our local track bringing photographers, I found a few action pics. f

Here is pic of my pitbike after fabbing up an exhaust for it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, especially this being my first attempt at welding anything.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
post #103 of 127 Old 04-14-2017, 04:44 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

I think your rear is lowered way too much, look at your chain.

post #104 of 127 Old 04-14-2017, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yeah, I think it is too. The chain was plenty tight at rest, apparently under a load, she gets a little slacked up.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
Flashed ECU, PC5,WBC, custom shift light, shifter w/co2, cat delete, V&H slip-on, BMC race, lowered, stretched,-2/+5
MORE TO COME
post #105 of 127 Old 04-15-2017, 01:42 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
Yeah, I think it is too. The chain was plenty tight at rest, apparently under a load, she gets a little slacked up.
When swing arm goes into negative angle, the distance between front sprocket and rear sprocket decreases.

I set my swing arm angle so under maximum weight transfer my swing arm is perpendicular to the front sprocket. Meaning I can draw a straight line between center of the front sprocket, swing arm pivot bolt, and rear axle.

Basically I raised rear to a point so when the maximum weight transfer happens, there is 600lbs on the rear axle (400lb bike and 200lb me), my axle goes inline with fr sprocket and swing arm pivot bolt. The heavier the rear spring, the less travel your rear wheel will do, meaning you don't have to raise it as much.
post #106 of 127 Old 04-16-2017, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Thanks for explanation. I'll raise it up, then do some hits at the track and record it, then watch and see what needs to happen.

I have the Soupy adjustable lowering links, with those, do I need to suspend the rear and make adjustment without the bike being weighted or will it be ok to make adjustments with the bike sitting under it's own weight?

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #107 of 127 Old 04-17-2017, 07:14 AM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicbaldwin View Post
Thanks for explanation. I'll raise it up, then do some hits at the track and record it, then watch and see what needs to happen.

I have the Soupy adjustable lowering links, with those, do I need to suspend the rear and make adjustment without the bike being weighted or will it be ok to make adjustments with the bike sitting under it's own weight?
I would raise it up, to lessen a chance of stripping the links out.
post #108 of 127 Old 04-17-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

after my post last night, I decided to email soupy's. They say you don't need to unload the suspension. So, I gave it a go and it raised up fine without fear of tearing up threads.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #109 of 127 Old 05-11-2017, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

At my last outing, I wasn't very pleased with my habits. One red light after another, doing wheelies off the line. I'm struggling like crazy to slowly slide the clutch so it doesn't engage all at once. I haven't changed anything with the springs yet, so, it still has the springs that came in the drag pack kit from cycle concepts.
I do have shorty levers which have a different curve to them, would this make a difference or make it more difficult to slide the clutch?
Another question I have is, when you guys stage your bike, do you let the clutch out a little to "load" the clutch or do you keep the lever all the way in so the clutch is completely unloaded?

I've tried both ways, actually seemed to be a bit better with loading the clutch.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
post #110 of 127 Old 05-23-2017, 03:58 AM Thread Starter
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Another trip to the track yielded great success. Sat I ran this ET, which was a new personal best.

Then sunday AM I ran this...

Aside from my horrid lights, I think i'm getting that hang of this.
yong7801 likes this.

'08 10R, Lime/Black
MORE TO COME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.