Gen 5: 2016 -> Adjustable Rearsets? - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Adjustable Rearsets?

I've never had adjustable rearsets on any of my previous bikes so I have no idea what to look for.

On my Gen 5 the right foot peg lip digs into my foot and is uncomfortable after about 15 minutes, my foot falls asleep :(

Also, I'm pretty tall (6'4") so lowering the pegs slightly would help on longer rides.

Looking around the LighTech and Bonamici rearsets look really good, and seem pretty adjustable, but are there others I should be looking at?

I mainly commute on my 10r so I'm optimizing for comfort over track performance. Any input would be appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 02:07 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlick View Post
I've never had adjustable rearsets on any of my previous bikes so I have no idea what to look for.

On my Gen 5 the right foot peg lip digs into my foot and is uncomfortable after about 15 minutes, my foot falls asleep :(

Also, I'm pretty tall (6'4") so lowering the pegs slightly would help on longer rides.

Looking around the LighTech and Bonamici rearsets look really good, and seem pretty adjustable, but are there others I should be looking at?

I mainly commute on my 10r so I'm optimizing for comfort over track performance. Any input would be appreciated!
Iv used these before and they are solid im 6ft6 for reference also
Kawasaki Diamond Rearsets

made of T7075 aluminum so they are solid as
post #3 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 05:18 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Those Diamond rearsets are fairly similar to the Chinese rearsets for ZX10R on Ebay.

CNC Black Adjustable Footpegs Mount Rearsets Rear for Kawasaki ZX10R 2011 2016 | eBay

I am 6'3" and long legged and they make life much nicer on the bike.
Better inner thigh to tank contact that also helps in taking weight off wrists on the bars and aids lower back as well as much better shifting through the gears.

Also for large feet it is more comfortable on the pegs, they are non slip but without the outer lip of the OEM rearsets.

post #4 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 05:48 AM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitze View Post
Those Diamond rearsets are fairly similar to the Chinese rearsets for ZX10R on Ebay.

CNC Black Adjustable Footpegs Mount Rearsets Rear for Kawasaki ZX10R 2011 2016 | eBay

Better inner thigh to tank contact that also helps in taking weight off wrists on the bars and aids lower back as well as much better shifting through the gears.

Also for large feet it is more comfortable on the pegs, they are non slip but without the outer lip of the OEM rearsets.

Yes, the same is happening also with hotbodies pegs. I hope that there is something in the quality control that justify the price difference.

CNC Adjustable Rearset Rear Set Foot Rest Peg for Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R 2015 2016 | eBay

https://www.hotbodiesracing.com/prod...-mgp-rearsets/
post #5 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 07:08 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitze View Post

yep they are because they got copied by the Chinese
post #6 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 09:03 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I love my Vortex. Check with Mike @ Rider's Discount.
ridersdiscount likes this.
post #7 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Wow, the Vortex ones look like they're crazy adjustable.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like I'm on the right path :)
post #8 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Be wise with your choice if you have the Abs model, because most rearsets require brake line modification. Plus if you plan to go Gp shift be aware that some rearsets kits requires an ECU flash to make the quickshifter works.
post #9 of 17 Old 07-14-2016, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon0721 View Post
Be wise with your choice if you have the Abs model, because most rearsets require brake line modification. Plus if you plan to go Gp shift be aware that some rearsets kits requires an ECU flash to make the quickshifter works.
I don't have ABS and I'm sticking with standard shift but this is good to know!
Simon0721 likes this.
post #10 of 17 Old 07-20-2016, 03:51 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Ordered a set of MGP's a few days ago. I'm hoping for about an inch more legroom. The funny thing is that the peg to seat distance is the same on the 10 and my 675, yet the 675 doesn't bother my knees at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.