Gen 4: 2011-2015 abs removal - Page 3 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 104 Old 11-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 880turbo View Post
Olderguy; When you remove the fuses, does the traction control still work just like normal? The only difference is the ABS does not work? Thanks. Mike.
Yes...it still works...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 104 Old 11-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Interesting, it can't as simple as unplugging the unit and pulling the fuses... I did that in the past without success.
post #23 of 104 Old 11-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Turbo; I have it almost figured out. It looks quite simple. The reason why you can just not unplug the ABS unit is because the signal from the 2 wheel speed sensors go to the abs unit first, and then to the ECU. If you unplug the abs unit, then the ECU gets no speed signals. I will keep you updated. Thanks. Mike.

post #24 of 104 Old 11-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Ahh very clever, if it's truly that simple then it's an easy fix.

Though it should have been mentioned earlier in the thread... being the nature of the world these days, that all advice given in this thread, is offered as just that, advice. And anyone undertaking the steps out lined do so at their own risk.

You are altering a (haha) "safety" device on your vehicle. As such you may render your insurance null and void, this could see you paying off someone else's Mercedes Benz for the next 200 years so check with your insurance provider, you may render any and all warranty claims null and void from Kawasaki. You may alter the motorcycle in such a manner that may render it inoperable. Or take the operation of the motorcycle beyond your skills and ability.

As such I take no responsibility for any out come of undertaking the modifications listed in here. I will not help you pay off a Mercedes Benz. (or any other car).
post #25 of 104 Old 11-20-2013, 07:32 PM
Bloo Moderator

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboR1 View Post
Ahh very clever, if it's truly that simple then it's an easy fix.

Though it should have been mentioned earlier in the thread... being the nature of the world these days, that all advice given in this thread, is offered as just that, advice. And anyone undertaking the steps out lined do so at their own risk.

You are altering a (haha) "safety" device on your vehicle. As such you may render your insurance null and void, this could see you paying off someone else's Mercedes Benz for the next 200 years so check with your insurance provider, you may render any and all warranty claims null and void from Kawasaki. You may alter the motorcycle in such a manner that may render it inoperable. Or take the operation of the motorcycle beyond your skills and ability.

As such I take no responsibility for any out come of undertaking the modifications listed in here. I will not help you pay off a Mercedes Benz. (or any other car).
Yeah but nobody pulled the unit or fuses they were simply blown and the ABS didn't work.

Sent from My Computer via DSL mid to low service Firefox updated version, sometimes wireless sometimes Wire from the garage depending on connection speed.
post #26 of 104 Old 07-25-2014, 03:07 PM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Just FYI on a 2012 model:

I removed all the ABS lines & fittings from the bike, but left the ABS block still plugged into its harness. I then ran aftermarket brake lines direct from the master cylinders to the calipers and with both ABS fuses still installed the ECU doesn't even know the difference. When I start the bike the ABS light comes on just like normal and as soon as I start to roll the ABS light goes off.
Waldo likes this.
post #27 of 104 Old 08-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Yep I would expect it to continue to sit there idle.

However ideally we want to get rid of this dead weight off the bike.
post #28 of 104 Old 11-30-2014, 04:17 AM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
Just FYI on a 2012 model:

I removed all the ABS lines & fittings from the bike, but left the ABS block still plugged into its harness. I then ran aftermarket brake lines direct from the master cylinders to the calipers and with both ABS fuses still installed the ECU doesn't even know the difference. When I start the bike the ABS light comes on just like normal and as soon as I start to roll the ABS light goes off.
I have the same year model....You don't have any issues over 11,000 rpm and the Abs stays off?.
post #29 of 104 Old 11-30-2014, 04:31 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

The issue is when you unplug the ABS Servo... then the bike goes into limp mode.
post #30 of 104 Old 11-30-2014, 10:50 AM
LDH
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddie View Post
I have the same year model....You don't have any issues over 11,000 rpm and the Abs stays off?.
None at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.