Gen 4: 2011-2015 70,500 miles engine blown - Page 7 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 67 Old 10-16-2017, 09:10 PM
WSB Rider

Posting Frequency

A guy floated a valve on his g5 and it took 3.5 months to finish warranty work.
scout likes this.

More cowbell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink. View Post
I'm betting it's more the techs/dealership then kawi holding his bike up. The lead tech(s) will take in all the easy money jobs before working on a most likely low paying warranty claim. Of course the tech(s) will blame it on waiting for parts or say the corporation is holding them up, but being inside the industry before I found that to be mostly lies and ways to draw out the process.
thx for insight. idk anything about this dealer except that from one warranty experience combined with a radiator replacement; all went well with the tech guys. The bike did miss slightly at lower end but possible it was our CA fuel which caused both by fords to run like crap ('13 g4 was fine after 4000 rpm). My solution was to run 43 on the back keeping the oem 17.

Shop is huge, service bay is super clean, techs look motivated, sales has a large selection, parts look great; I'm happy that they're here, but have to get used to Hawaii time (HA natives take all day to do one thing, bless them!)
post #63 of 67 Old 10-20-2017, 11:11 AM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink. View Post
I'm betting it's more the techs/dealership then kawi holding his bike up. The lead tech(s) will take in all the easy money jobs before working on a most likely low paying warranty claim. Of course the tech(s) will blame it on waiting for parts or say the corporation is holding them up, but being inside the industry before I found that to be mostly lies and ways to draw out the process.
No. Kawasaki sucks for engine parts. I waited about 5-6 months for a Gen 5 rod. It was listed as back ordered with no expected release date. Even now the rods are listed as limited quantity, lol

post #64 of 67 Old 10-21-2017, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by bun1t View Post
No. Kawasaki sucks for engine parts. I waited about 5-6 months for a Gen 5 rod. It was listed as back ordered with no expected release date. Even now the rods are listed as limited quantity, lol
I suspect my dealer having some of this problem plus more as Corp wants photos of each ruined part sent first, if I recall. Then when part approved, they have to place a machinist order; and those guys are trying to build up Nippon's Navy or whatever.
rcannon likes this.
post #65 of 67 Old 02-07-2018, 07:36 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Are you serious? You still don't have your bike back after all this time? Wow, you are patient. I did have to wait for a seal for a couple of weeks when my frame was replaced, back-ordered.

Sturm und Drang
post #66 of 67 Old 02-07-2018, 07:40 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

I still have two years left on my bike but less than 11,000 miles on bike so far.

Bike will be worth very little after five years but plan on keeping it anyway. Doubt I will ever buy another super at my age, the Gen 4 will suffice.

Sturm und Drang
post #67 of 67 Old 02-08-2018, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
I still have two years left on my bike but less than 11,000 miles on bike so far.

Bike will be worth very little after five years but plan on keeping it anyway. Doubt I will ever buy another super at my age, the Gen 4 will suffice.
All good at this point; not sure at what point you entered the history line; bike was returned; did 1200 miles and noticed oil leak when under power. Bike went back to dealer for a week or so; found a faulty clutch oil seal. Replaced under warranty. All good so far

Bike now has over 73,000 miles;

And, appears that the second cam chain is beginning to fail; Cam chain in g4 is rated at 35k miles and this current one was replaced about 41,000 miles so about due, I guess.

Doesn't sound as bad as the first cam chain failure, which is good.

This bike's warranty goes through September 2019; the 2013 bought new in Sept. 2014 with extended
five year warranty.

Yes, bike is worth about 2k at this point however the warranty adds value, which I appreciate; yes, patience is np for me, after about two weeks of no riding; and I'm not used to any dealer warranty work, but my super bikes get into tricky-tight situations, so I do NOT pressure service admin about anything about an asphalt liter bike;

After first few 200 mile loops, I noticed my neck was weak from the wind after 8 months off. That was about all I noticed; and neck recovered quickly.

Trust all is well on down your way.

Last edited by scout; 02-08-2018 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in