21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 64 Old 06-30-2017, 09:10 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scout View Post
Never a prob getting past 100k on past r1's, cbr's and one fz1; I suspect the heavier g5 might have better life span. Now I'd buy extended if offered on any superbike.
You never had a problem with those bikes because they didnt make 180+ whp. Do what you're dong with a s1krr or the new R1 and you will really appreciate how reliable the 4th gens are.
scout likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 64 Old 06-30-2017, 04:37 PM
REPOST Enforcement Mod

Posting Frequency

Garage
Damn Scout. Two Gen 4's used up and blown out? Sorry to hear of your misfortune. But since you're not riding for the moment, you probably won't see this post.

I may not be perfect, but at least I don't ride a Suzuki.

Ridding the Internet of bad grammar, 1 post at a time.
#WordCrimes

post #23 of 64 Old 06-30-2017, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDork View Post
Damn Scout. Two Gen 4's used up and blown out? Sorry to hear of your misfortune. But since you're not riding for the moment, you probably won't see this post.
You were finally wrong! Trust recovery is going well.

edit, 0702.2017 Sky, no response...not good. You're doing that avoid thing yet again. :)

Last edited by scout; 07-02-2017 at 02:12 PM.

post #24 of 64 Old 07-01-2017, 12:14 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnG View Post
You never had a problem with those bikes because they didnt make 180+ whp. Do what you're dong with a s1krr or the new R1 and you will really appreciate how reliable the 4th gens are.
That is exactly why I never had my bike flashed or did any mod to it. Want it to last.
th3r3ds0x likes this.

Sturm und Drang
post #25 of 64 Old 07-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Post Whore

Posting Frequency

Just to put it out there, the warranty on the Aprilia I just bought has no mileage restriction. They probably assume itll never be ridden enough for the miles to matter or itll be crashed if you ride a lot of miles.

Scout, nice work on the mileage. Thats what, 120000 miles between these Gen 4s that youve blown up in the past few years? Thats a looot of riding and a lot of mileage for the year. What does your insurance company think of the mileage you rack up?

08 ZX6R Radial M/C ZG Sport Touring Windscreen CBR600RR Calipers BMC Street Filter
GP Shift Pattern DIY Mod Fender Eliminator Kit 16/44 Gearing Euro Flushmount Signals
Gauge Cluster Color DIY ModSoupy's Fully Adjustable Lowering Links HEL Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
post #26 of 64 Old 07-01-2017, 04:37 PM
Supercharged Mod

Posting Frequency

Not sure about USA but in Canada, Kawasaki warranties are strictly time based, as well.

Helibars, MRA screen, Ohlins damper, reversed shift pattern, sorted suspension, braided lines, Michelin Pilot Power, all else stock 'coz it's fast enough!
post #27 of 64 Old 07-02-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
That is exactly why I never had my bike flashed or did any mod to it. Want it to last.
All my bikes stayed oem except for the FZ1. Never had a super bike fail until g4; always had recalls except the '13. The '11 had a recall. It is possible the Kawa beefed the g5 judging by the weight. Just thinking.
post #28 of 64 Old 07-02-2017, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
The Pace

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Op- View Post
Just to put it out there, the warranty on the Aprilia I just bought has no mileage restriction. They probably assume itll never be ridden enough for the miles to matter or itll be crashed if you ride a lot of miles.

Scout, nice work on the mileage. Thats what, 120000 miles between these Gen 4s that youve blown up in the past few years? Thats a looot of riding and a lot of mileage for the year. What does your insurance company think of the mileage you rack up?
Manufacturers and insurance deal only with statistics. Riders simply do not ride superbikes, statistically speaking. Scary stat as superbikes are the safest configuration plus state of the art regarding suspension. That mileage on the two g4's began April, 2012. With now four consecutive summers of interrupted riding plus off last Sept an additional five weeks due to injury, mileage is low compared to all past years. No reason to report all mileage I have on superbikes as no one will believe...except Rossi. :)

So Kawa looks at the superbike stats and insurance looks at all motor stats and both arrive at the same conclusion: statistically, riders don't ride at all; or anywhere near cage miles. I ride far more miles than my cages, for certain. No effort. Just a mental workout is what I get out of a bike workout. Plus fun doing the range of stuff that we do and I include doing stuff with cagers in mind. Why the empty rural 100 mile section is mandatory. Pay for that, though, if the bike quits in the middle of no where. I'll get AAA when the dealer releases the bike this time.

edit: a warranty without mileage restrictions is market psych. Bet nearly zero cage makers offer limitless mile warranty. Some day, maybe.
White Fang likes this.

Last edited by scout; 07-02-2017 at 02:10 PM.
post #29 of 64 Old 07-03-2017, 08:03 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Fang View Post
That is exactly why I never had my bike flashed
So bikes in non US territories which don't include the same level of restriction as US bikes are less reliable?
post #30 of 64 Old 07-09-2017, 04:28 PM
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Arghh View Post
So bikes in non US territories which don't include the same level of restriction as US bikes are less reliable?
yeah of course the more power put into the power train over time, the sooner shit wears out. all parts have a service life based on stress. am sure I will never get close to 70,000 miles on mine but who knows, I got the five-year.

electronics are more likely to fail than engine parts anyway lol

Sturm und Drang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.