Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Pizzas?
Petunias?
Pumpernickel?
Potatoes?

Probably Pancakes. God those things can kill anybody.
Surely he means pepperoni...or maybe parachuting. Yes, yes. Parachuting I'm sure of it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 Old 02-01-2017, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Some serious hardware in that leg HB. Good to hear that your managing it well. Keep healin. I know that race bike is calling your name.....ride me, ride me. Lol.
Definitely will be once we get all the stuff on it - just put in the big order for the rest of the "need" stuff, will be getting the last items before the end of the month, so there will be a big "bike build" day before too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_honez View Post
Ouch!!
Well, they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. or is it stranger??

Heal up fast!!
Already got weird goin for me, so hopefully stronger

Quote:
Originally Posted by or10r View Post
Surely he means pepperoni...or maybe parachuting. Yes, yes. Parachuting I'm sure of it.
You guys are killing me LOL!
or10r likes this.

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #43 of 52 Old 02-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Posting Frequency

Send a message via Yahoo to Hernando Send a message via Skype™ to Hernando
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
lol in that case it will be death by .... p______
Summit Point will be repaved this year....That is all.

Good luck next Season Badger.

Bear Jew

Last edited by Hernando; 02-14-2017 at 10:54 PM.

post #44 of 52 Old 02-15-2017, 07:39 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
good stuff.

the amount of metal in me from race accidents is insane.
Me too!

Thank you to my racing sponsors Riders Discount and Alpha1 Vinylworks
post #45 of 52 Old 02-21-2017, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Spent yesterday up the shop puttering around on the bike doing a few things so there's a few less things for the guys to knock out on it - was a relaxing way to spend my holiday, and way better than spending a rainy day at home alone!

I finished installing the rearsets, got the exhaust on, swapped the brake pads, swapped my clutch lever (brake lever hadn't arrived), changed the gas cap, and after the guys pulled the gas tank and air box for me, I put in the smog block offs.

Felt like not a ton accomplished for the time i was there, but hey, when you're rolling around on a stool or on crutches, it's not that easy LOL - plus I wasn't in a rush, just kind of enjoying my day.

or10r likes this.

AFM #302

Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #46 of 52 Old 02-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Awwww yeah! Garage tinkerin with the bike = therapy for me! Nice!!

post #47 of 52 Old 03-16-2017, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
I finally got released for weight bearing yesterday on the leg - he also released me for riding as long as I am comfortable holding the bike up. So, while none of this happened in time for the first race round of the year (which is this weekend), at least I'll have some time before round 2 to get my rehab going and get some seat time on the bike. Hopefully I can hit the ground running come round 2 then.

Bike still isn't completely together, they're still rerouting a few wires so it's neat and moving the recitifier, need to mount the body work and clip-ons, throttle cable, etc. My first planned track day right now is April 9/10 at THill, and then I'm planning on Easter Sunday at Sonoma so I can ride the bike there before I try to race it.

Got my work cut out for me though, as of right now I'm still significantly faster on two crutches than I am trying to hobble around with one crutch or the cane!

I'll be at the races this weekend to hang out and watch and cheer my friends on (while secretly gouging my eyes out with the torture of not being able to join in), but at least go rep my sponsors and say hi to my racing family.
or10r likes this.

AFM #302

post #48 of 52 Old 03-16-2017, 02:22 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Congrats about the medical restrictions being lessened! Good luck this season.
post #49 of 52 Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Went up to the shop to give the bike a quick once over before they tie up the last few loose ends, and then also took it out for a quick spin on a couple of the side streets just to see if the controls were set up approximately where I wanted them before we head to the track in just over a week.

It goes in to warranty the leaking water pump on Tuesday, but otherwise it's pretty much ready other than some safety wiring and re-routing a couple wires.

I really can't wait to ride this thing and turn some laps on it, recovering-broken leg and all, this bike I think has a lot of smiles in store for me.

or10r likes this.

AFM #302

post #50 of 52 Old 04-17-2017, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
No idea what photobucket did with the photos above....grrr.

Anyways, it's finally together and we made it out for our maiden voyage last Monday! Graphics were completed later that week, and we did a very, VERY wet Easter Sunday track day at Sonoma (no pics, photog took off after the rain started - which was after the first session lol).

Only cosmetic thing left is I want to powdercoat the rims white, but that probably won't happen for a little bit as I need to curb the outflow of cash and start saving some money for actually racing

Not the coolest pics yet, but we'll get there. Between getting used to the bike and seeing what my leg would or would not put up with I was taking it pretty easy...

Duhastme likes this.

AFM #302

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.