Gen 5: 2016 -> 2017 Race Bike - Page 4 - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 52 Old 12-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Thanks. Doing everything in my power to help make that happen, after that it's up to time and my body, but making sure I'm doing all I can to help that happen. When I broke my arm, I was back at the track 4 1/2 weeks after getting it plated. I'm doing more and being more aggressive about things for this injury (supplements, staying active, maintaining the fitness I can maintain, etc) to speed things along for this one since it's far more complicated being a weight bearing limb.
Given all the injuries you sustained, the level of excitement you demonstrate for the new bike and the fact that you will continue racing, I only have four words for you: YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION.

Wishing you the best with the recovery and hope you whip all of them on the track.
santi5222 and Honey Badger like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 Old 12-31-2016, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Welp, leg is all plated together as of yesterday, erector set is gone, so now can focus on trying to heal that as best I can - I know it's not going to be overnight, but I'll do everything in my power to set myself up for the best outcome I can.

On that note, started purchasing stuff for the bike - going to take me a couple months before I have money for everything anyways, so getting it going. Started with the licenses for the ECU flash and autoblip, and picked up the rearsets, give the guys over at DareDevil something to do, and give me a reason to head up there and putter around as best I can and play on my momo a little bit.

Next up will probably be the exhaust, followed by the bodywork. Need to try to find some kind of template for the bodywork for my graphics guy so we can get started on layout....

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #33 of 52 Old 12-31-2016, 10:35 PM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Welp, leg is all plated together as of yesterday, erector set is gone, so now can focus on trying to heal that as best I can - I know it's not going to be overnight, but I'll do everything in my power to set myself up for the best outcome I can.

On that note, started purchasing stuff for the bike - going to take me a couple months before I have money for everything anyways, so getting it going. Started with the licenses for the ECU flash and autoblip, and picked up the rearsets, give the guys over at DareDevil something to do, and give me a reason to head up there and putter around as best I can and play on my momo a little bit.

Next up will probably be the exhaust, followed by the bodywork. Need to try to find some kind of template for the bodywork for my graphics guy so we can get started on layout....
Glad to hear you are moving forward with the leg repairs!!

If you use Serious RnD for the graphics, Stephen will come out and trace the bike for you if he doesn't already have the layout

Fast parts, Great Service: PM Mike at Rider's Discount

post #34 of 52 Old 01-31-2017, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Track Day Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Haven't updated this in awhile! Earlier this month I had ordered the ECU flash and auto blip licenses along with the rearsets. Went up for a couple hours one afternoon to tinker on the bike and start putting the rearsets on - got most of the way done until I realized I needed to use the OEM shift rod instead of the one that came with the rearsets - so the guys were going to have to finish that up lol. I ordered up the Graves exhaust that day as well, which should have come in by now I'd think.

Getting my HSA checks now, so recouping some of the medical bill money I've spent and going on a shopping spree later this week to pick up the rest of the stuff for the bike - shopping is always fun when you've got money to spend shopping for bike stuff is extra fun.

Other than that, just trying to do my best to heal up - 2 plates and 18 screws later humpty dumpty is back together. Still 100% NWB, but able to do ROM exercises on the ankle, so I do those a minimum of twice a day, and most days also go down and hop on the street bike (while it's off and on the side stand) and practice shifting up and down. Was able to get my foot into my commute boots (which are technically a size too big) fairly comfortably, which actually made shifting a lot easier. Won't know much else until my follow up and re-xray next week - hoping everything I've been doing will pay off, but keep reading about all the horror stories with these injuries which has me a bit apprehensive! Swelling is pretty well managed even on days when I can't elevate as much as I do when I'm telecommuting, but if the day gets too long the pain gets far more annoying - not horrible, but enough to keep me from falling asleep for long...which is probably a bit fresh since yesterday ended up being a 10 hour day for the leg, and I basically got about 1-2 hours of sleep last night. But that's the exception, and it's actually feeling pretty good by now after a night of rest and good elevation all morning!

Tinkering on the bike

I may need to start safty-wiring myself - think this'll pass tech?

Racing Like a Honey Badger Blog

AFM #302

Special thanks to my 2017 sponsors and supporters!!
Kawasaki USA Team Green; DareDevil Motorsports; Roseville Yamaha-Kawasaki; RiderzLaw; Dainese D-Store SF; BARF Racing; Dunlop Race Tires; Woodcraft; Pacific Track Time; Motion Pro; Skratch Labs; PUSH Laptimer
post #35 of 52 Old 01-31-2017, 02:19 PM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

good stuff.

the amount of metal in me from race accidents is insane.
sdiver68 and Honey Badger like this.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
post #36 of 52 Old 01-31-2017, 05:29 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
good stuff.

the amount of metal in me from race accidents is insane.
Find what you love and let it kill you
Honey Badger likes this.

“Ride like you are invisible.”
post #37 of 52 Old 01-31-2017, 10:09 PM
Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by badexample View Post
Find what you love and let it kill you
lol in that case it will be death by .... p______
mr_honez likes this.

WERA Novice 325 | CCS Novice 326 | The Nightmare of Summit Point

2016 ZX10R ABS (Street) | 2011 ZX10RR(Race) | 2011 R6 (Street & Track) | 2009 WR250F
GunnRunnaz.com|GR on FaceBook | www.2666ad.com|
post #38 of 52 Old 02-01-2017, 03:56 AM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Some serious hardware in that leg HB. Good to hear that your managing it well. Keep healin. I know that race bike is calling your name.....ride me, ride me. Lol.
Honey Badger likes this.

post #39 of 52 Old 02-01-2017, 07:20 AM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Hope you didn't pay for the autoblip license...Nels flashed my ecu and unlocked that "check box" for me for free!

2016 Kawasaki ZX10R KRT ABS
2016 Suzuki GSX-S 1000 ABS

Last edited by obijack; 02-01-2017 at 07:28 AM.
post #40 of 52 Old 02-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Judge Dredd Mod

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Haven't updated this in awhile! Earlier this month I had ordered the ECU flash and auto blip licenses along with the rearsets. Went up for a couple hours one afternoon to tinker on the bike and start putting the rearsets on - got most of the way done until I realized I needed to use the OEM shift rod instead of the one that came with the rearsets - so the guys were going to have to finish that up lol. I ordered up the Graves exhaust that day as well, which should have come in by now I'd think.

Getting my HSA checks now, so recouping some of the medical bill money I've spent and going on a shopping spree later this week to pick up the rest of the stuff for the bike - shopping is always fun when you've got money to spend shopping for bike stuff is extra fun.

Other than that, just trying to do my best to heal up - 2 plates and 18 screws later humpty dumpty is back together. Still 100% NWB, but able to do ROM exercises on the ankle, so I do those a minimum of twice a day, and most days also go down and hop on the street bike (while it's off and on the side stand) and practice shifting up and down. Was able to get my foot into my commute boots (which are technically a size too big) fairly comfortably, which actually made shifting a lot easier. Won't know much else until my follow up and re-xray next week - hoping everything I've been doing will pay off, but keep reading about all the horror stories with these injuries which has me a bit apprehensive! Swelling is pretty well managed even on days when I can't elevate as much as I do when I'm telecommuting, but if the day gets too long the pain gets far more annoying - not horrible, but enough to keep me from falling asleep for long...which is probably a bit fresh since yesterday ended up being a 10 hour day for the leg, and I basically got about 1-2 hours of sleep last night. But that's the exception, and it's actually feeling pretty good by now after a night of rest and good elevation all morning!

Tinkering on the bike

I may need to start safty-wiring myself - think this'll pass tech?
Ouch!!
Well, they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.. or is it stranger??

Heal up fast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonstallin View Post
lol in that case it will be death by .... p______
Pizzas?
Petunias?
Pumpernickel?
Potatoes?

Probably Pancakes. God those things can kill anybody.

BURNOUT.....
Attitudes are contagious. Mine might kill you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.