Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 52 Old 12-03-2016, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dricked View Post
Not doing it yourself? That's 1/2 the fun!
Historically, yes. These guys are sponsoring me this year so it's not just help setting up the bike, it'll also be pit side help at the races.

I'll still be involved in a lot of it (I want to know my bike) but they've already set a couple of these up and can do all the flash work and mapping, and will be quicker at it....so for the first time in my riding career, I'm getting help with the bike - other than having a traveling mechanic help with valve adjustments, I've never had anyone else work on my bikes lol.

There's a weird trust thing there for me to get used to, but one has been lead mechanic on a pro team, and both raced/currently race themselves, and they're some of the few people I'm okay with doing this with.
post #13 of 52 Old 12-03-2016, 08:33 AM
tdh
GP Rider

Posting Frequency

A traveling mechanic for valve adjustments? That's interesting. :) I look forward to following your build, and your racing!

post #14 of 52 Old 12-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Chairman of the Board

Posting Frequency

Garage
Jealousy meter officially pegged with bent needle. Gonna be awesome.

post #15 of 52 Old 12-03-2016, 07:10 PM
Kawasaki Whisperer

Posting Frequency

Send a message via MSN to MrMoto73
Nice looking 10! Shame they make the liter bikes so compact now otherwise I would love to have a new ZX10R! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

I DON"T HAZ ANY SNYDER PROBLEMS
post #16 of 52 Old 12-04-2016, 06:00 PM
Always On Mod

Posting Frequency

Congrats on the bike! What are your plans for track kit?

I look forward to lining up with ya at the BW rounds
post #17 of 52 Old 12-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

great looking bike wish i would have waited a couple more months for it. But I'm still happy with mine
post #18 of 52 Old 12-07-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Street Rider

Posting Frequency

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal11 View Post
Congrats on the bike! What are your plans for track kit?

I look forward to lining up with ya at the BW rounds
Cool, we'll see you there!

To start, I'm keeping it pretty basic - at my size I'm not even going to really muck with the suspension beyond basic adjustments. Re-flash and put on auto blip, rear sets, bodywork, clip ons, levers, case covers, mid-pipe and can...keeping it simple to start until I start riding it and start getting up to some kind of speed and then start tweaking. May re-gear it, too.
post #19 of 52 Old 12-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Champion Rider

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Badger View Post
Cool, we'll see you there!

To start, I'm keeping it pretty basic - at my size I'm not even going to really muck with the suspension beyond basic adjustments. Re-flash and put on auto blip, rear sets, bodywork, clip ons, levers, case covers, mid-pipe and can...keeping it simple to start until I start riding it and start getting up to some kind of speed and then start tweaking. May re-gear it, too.
If I may suggest a better exhaust solution than just eliminating the catalytic converter. For Gen5, Graves has come up with a great solution. Essentially, they've made their exhaust such that you can upgrade it in stages and it is backward compatible with the stock exhaust. Meaning:

1) You can remove the stock can and catalytic converter with the the single piece - Graves Motorsports Kawasaki ZX10r Carbon WORKS Cat Eliminator Exhaust
2) You can then later buy the headers separately and they will bolt up to the aforementioned piece to make up a full race exhaust system.
3) Once you have the full Graves exhaust, you should be able to remove the pipe and bolt up the stock cat-back exhaust and ride Laguna without a worry about sound limitations. This is particularly important because with all other exhaust systems, once you upgrade the headers, bolting up stock exhaust is not possible without additional custom fabrications.

It seems like only graves has figure out this and if I were building out a Gen5 right now, this would be my choice unequivocally.
post #20 of 52 Old 12-08-2016, 05:22 PM
GP Star

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanister View Post
If I may suggest a better exhaust solution than just eliminating the catalytic converter. For Gen5, Graves has come up with a great solution. Essentially, they've made their exhaust such that you can upgrade it in stages and it is backward compatible with the stock exhaust. Meaning:

1) You can remove the stock can and catalytic converter with the the single piece - Graves Motorsports Kawasaki ZX10r Carbon WORKS Cat Eliminator Exhaust
2) You can then later buy the headers separately and they will bolt up to the aforementioned piece to make up a full race exhaust system.
3) Once you have the full Graves exhaust, you should be able to remove the pipe and bolt up the stock cat-back exhaust and ride Laguna without a worry about sound limitations. This is particularly important because with all other exhaust systems, once you upgrade the headers, bolting up stock exhaust is not possible without additional custom fabrications.

It seems like only graves has figure out this and if I were building out a Gen5 right now, this would be my choice unequivocally.

Me too!

Top notch quality as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.