7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 39 Old 09-27-2017, 01:53 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Shifting up, i dont use it till going to 4th
down i dont use it 3rd to 1st
seems to work fine this way.
Although i have experienced it not wanting to go up at times.
I think the angle of the shift lever can improve this,, Perhaps lower it abit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 39 Old 09-30-2017, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

OEM pegs, there is substantial play in the shiftrod as others have mentioned. I?ve tried moving the position around. Issue still there. Seems really only predominant in 1st gear under heavy acceleration.
post #23 of 39 Old 10-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwa View Post
How many miles you got on it? I'm at 27,000km so far with no gearbox issues. I have however experienced problems when I had the QS ignition kill times screwed up by confusing one timing setting with another. This would cause the shifter to cut and reignite before the shift actually happened, sticking it in the same gear even though it blipped, would get a big jolt doing it and nearly throw me off the bike.

Is it possibly the sensor or ecu has freaked out and for some reason the QS thinks you're in 6th gear, so it's not compressing, stopping you from shifting up?
Hey Siwa, did you manage to work out the kill times to stop this from happening? Im getting the same issue around 6 - 8k 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th on WOT...I'm getting BC to check it out Wednesday.

post #24 of 39 Old 10-11-2017, 01:34 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

have you been able to sort out your qs issue? I just had R&G rear sets installed today, thinking it was the factory items were worn and causing this, unfortunately its still there.
post #25 of 39 Old 10-11-2017, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben75 View Post
have you been able to sort out your qs issue? I just had R&G rear sets installed today, thinking it was the factory items were worn and causing this, unfortunately its still there.

Nope nothing yet, starting to learn to live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #26 of 39 Old 10-11-2017, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Had a play with it again today. Time and time again 1st gear at 6-9k won’t shift. Tried turning of TC thinking that may have been impacting something, exact same issue. Turned off the QS and went old school shifting and it was butter. Must be QS module or ECU...I guess.

post #27 of 39 Old 10-11-2017, 10:58 PM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileyCyrus View Post
Had a play with it again today. Time and time again 1st gear at 6-9k won’t shift. Tried turning of TC thinking that may have been impacting something, exact same issue. Turned off the QS and went old school shifting and it was butter. Must be QS module or ECU...I guess.

okay, so when you turned off QS on the dash, did you then shift with the clutch lever? or with out?

To be honest I don't think its the QS module, if the QS is working in other gears I'd say it was fine, what I have found is that even with a Woolich QS, R&G rearsets and woolich flash, I still get this at around 5000rpm - 6000rpm 3/4 hard acceleration....

I actually think its a factory fault with the ECU, I also believe it can be tuned out with a modification to kill times and other parameters within the QS settings in the woolich system, I just think its going to take some trial and error.

I'll keep this group abreast of my testing.
post #28 of 39 Old 10-11-2017, 11:07 PM Thread Starter
Squid

Posting Frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben75 View Post
okay, so when you turned off QS on the dash, did you then shift with the clutch lever? or with out?

To be honest I don't think its the QS module, if the QS is working in other gears I'd say it was fine, what I have found is that even with a Woolich QS, R&G rearsets and woolich flash, I still get this at around 5000rpm - 6000rpm 3/4 hard acceleration....

I actually think its a factory fault with the ECU, I also believe it can be tuned out with a modification to kill times and other parameters within the QS settings in the woolich system, I just think its going to take some trial and error.

I'll keep this group abreast of my testing.

Yea QS off through the dash, shifting with clutch. Let us know how you go.

post #29 of 39 Old 10-13-2017, 01:59 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Ive have the center of the shift peg about 2 inches lower than foot peg center point.. It seems to be better now..
i get better leverage on the peg.. Only went for a short ride though
post #30 of 39 Old 10-17-2017, 12:05 AM
Squid

Posting Frequency

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmechanic9 View Post
Ive have the center of the shift peg about 2 inches lower than foot peg center point.. It seems to be better now..
i get better leverage on the peg.. Only went for a short ride though
Yep i have tried that, its unfortunately not solved the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki ZX-10R.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.